RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

TRD for RC F

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-17, 08:06 AM
Paunguye
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default TRD for RC F

Anyone know how or where we can buy TRD products for our cars here in the U.S? Interested in a couple parts!

Thanks
Old 08-07-17, 01:13 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Personally, stay away. The parts are overly expensive, and there a lot of options out there for solid replacements. For example, I have all the TOMS underbracing. Paid close to 1K shipped. TRD prices for the same parts are over 4k.

Not telling you how to spend your money, just showing the dollar can go further.

~JB
Old 08-07-17, 02:57 PM
Paunguye
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JB5674
Personally, stay away. The parts are overly expensive, and there a lot of options out there for solid replacements. For example, I have all the TOMS underbracing. Paid close to 1K shipped. TRD prices for the same parts are over 4k.

Not telling you how to spend your money, just showing the dollar can go further.

~JB
Actually you're right! I saw some tom's stuff i might go with that! Thanks
Old 08-07-17, 05:43 PM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

There is toms , also lexon parts that are usually in stock by the club Lexus members , they are quality parts made in japan
Old 08-07-17, 07:25 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

OP,
TRD carbon fiber aero stuff are discontinued.
They are still making performance parts like exhaust, coilovers, etc.
(Sorry for the below thread jack)

JB,
you get them? Installed yet?
mine are suppose to show up tomorrow. Install Thursday. Track day next Wednesday. Perfect timing!!
My blitzs front bar is on too. Now I can adjust the front Penskes much easier!!

Last edited by Mingofish; 08-07-17 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-10-17, 08:14 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Mingofish
OP,
TRD carbon fiber aero stuff are discontinued.
They are still making performance parts like exhaust, coilovers, etc.
I don't believe this to be true, the IS-F carbon fiber aero has been discontinued, but the RC-F aero and other TRD parts are available. Also, it's the old "get what you pay for". Yes, TOMS is cheaper and amazing fitment for the price point (I used to have the TOMS front diffuser on my IS-F), but it doesn't even come close to TRD quality. And TRD aero parts are designed to be functional and are wind tunnel tested. However, just to give you an idea of the price-point you're looking at with TRD, the RC-F TRD front carbon spoiler is $3,162.00. Rear diffuser is $3,906.
If you're looking for the parts, I would start with NIGEL JDM PARTS, I'm betting he can source them. If not, PM me and I'll send you to a website that sells them (I don't think I can post it here because they're not a forum sponsor)
-R
The following 2 users liked this post by FNSSESPORT:
BossMoss (08-11-17), Nigel-JDMParts (09-03-17)
Old 08-11-17, 04:20 AM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

^^^ only heard this via JT2MA71 who actually owns TRD hood & spoiler. His jdm guy told him that. I actually don't positively know. My apologies if that info is incorrect.
May be Ron can chime in?
Old 08-17-17, 07:34 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

I have a write up on here about my TOMS pieces. I love the stiffness of the car. I used google translate to read the docs, as well a NM to TQ conversion on google. Basically, you need a lift. Truest form of a BOLT ON. Should take you long *as long as you have a lift

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...ll-w-pics.html
Old 08-17-17, 07:57 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

The TRD Japan parts for the RCF are no longer produced, this is according to my source in Japan who dealt directly with the main TRD guy to get to them to make one last rear spoiler for me. Not sure how true this is but it sucks, I wanted to get the underbody aero and brace set but I waited tool long. My hood is just from Lexus Japan though. TRD carbon parts are on a very different level when it comes to quality.
Old 09-03-17, 02:18 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
The TRD Japan parts for the RCF are no longer produced, this is according to my source in Japan who dealt directly with the main TRD guy to get to them to make one last rear spoiler for me. Not sure how true this is but it sucks, I wanted to get the underbody aero and brace set but I waited tool long. My hood is just from Lexus Japan though. TRD carbon parts are on a very different level when it comes to quality.

They're available, but you gotta have a RCF in Japan to get these parts.

We have a set of TRD RCF wheel for sell, and some other TRD RCF parts available if anyone is interested.

And yes, TRD quality is totally different than Tom's, they're not in the same level if you have seen them in person.
Old 09-03-17, 10:01 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

^^^^So you have some TRD stuff for sale. The only TRD wheels I see are really for the RC F-Sport and are too narrow for the RCF:

http://trdparts.jp/english/lexus/rc.html

Are there others?

Lou
Old 09-03-17, 10:29 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,512 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
They're available, but you gotta have a RCF in Japan to get these parts.

We have a set of TRD RCF wheel for sell, and some other TRD RCF parts available if anyone is interested.

And yes, TRD quality is totally different than Tom's, they're not in the same level if you have seen them in person.
For us that are not in Japan, or don't have an RCF registered in Japan, does it mean there's no way to get the still available parts? What TRD parts do you have available for the RCF? I remember my source saying something like this so he was looking for someone over there whose VIN he can use.

Thanks.
Old 09-03-17, 10:50 AM
e2dag
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^So you have some TRD stuff for sale. The only TRD wheels I see are really for the RC F-Sport and are too narrow for the RCF:

Are there others?

Lou

There are these parts here. http://trdparts.jp/english/lexus/rcf_ccsp-fn-parts.html
The following 2 users liked this post by e2dag:
flowrider (09-03-17), Nigel-JDMParts (09-03-17)
Old 09-03-17, 11:52 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flowrider

Are there others?

Lou
Lou,

I am talking about this wheel

20 x 9 50 offset
20 x 10 41 offset

MSRP around $1800 each wheel

Old 09-03-17, 11:54 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
For us that are not in Japan, or don't have an RCF registered in Japan, does it mean there's no way to get the still available parts? What TRD parts do you have available for the RCF? I remember my source saying something like this so he was looking for someone over there whose VIN he can use.

Thanks.
PM me what TRD parts are you looking for and I can see if I can help.

Quick Reply: TRD for RC F