Exhaust Installer Southern Cali

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-17, 02:01 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 700 Likes on 614 Posts

You can message me regarding smog.

Yes, you can start with the axle then add the midpipe if you feel its too quiet.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-01-17, 10:47 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Man, I thought I was ready to pull the trigger today on the Armytrix exhaust, but I didn't do it. I'm still a little concerned about this valvetronics system. I was thinking I will be driving with it closed alot, because I think in SoCal, I will get into nothing but trouble with the cops when fully open. Which is bs, because you have these Harley bikes cruising around as loud as can be, and I rarely see one pulled over. I've been pulled over before for "sound pollution" by a cop, and went to the referee and did all that mess. It was horrible, and cast me a lot of money to find my stock parts again. So now I'm a little hesitant. Are all you guys with exhaust, driving with your valves open daily?

I'm just thinking in terms of the motor, and having the valve closed even 50% of the time I'm thinking will put stress on the motor. Then I go back to saying, let me just do it and if it really is to loud, I can maybe sell the exhaust. But that's a pretty big gamble.

I don't know guys, I'm a little worried and quite frankly feel like a sitting duck on these decision.
Old 08-01-17, 11:06 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Just do it! Lol... You don't have headers and you got valves to open/close them. I have headers, resonated midpipe, and valves. It's very driveable and cop friendly... You'll see more cops, if you got headers, non-resonated midpipe and no valves... I know someone that has that setup but not adviseable...
Old 08-01-17, 11:13 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Cool

You are a bad influence ba2sy!! =) I was on the GTR forums as I see many GTRs run Armytrix, and they were just talking about power restrictions and stressing the motor when you romp on it with valves closed. Also, that Armytrix doesn't recommend your rev the car when the valves are closed. So that got me all paranoid.
Old 08-01-17, 11:30 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZiPPyRCF
You are a bad influence ba2sy!! =) I was on the GTR forums as I see many GTRs run Armytrix, and they were just talking about power restrictions and stressing the motor when you romp on it with valves closed. Also, that Armytrix doesn't recommend your rev the car when the valves are closed. So that got me all paranoid.
im your guardian devil... lol! GTR is different... Restrictions on aftermarket exhaust is still better than OEM... if you've seen the design of our exhaust with 4 cats, resonators, mufflers, it's already way restricted... Closed valves would be almost the same but better...
Old 08-01-17, 11:38 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Originally Posted by ba2sy
im your guardian devil... lol! GTR is different... Restrictions on aftermarket exhaust is still better than OEM... if you've seen the design of our exhaust with 4 cats, resonators, mufflers, it's already way restricted... Closed valves would be almost the same but better...
That's a very good point! Good call mate.
Old 08-02-17, 08:53 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 274 Likes on 173 Posts

restrictions on a turbo is very bad(GTR). Like what ba2sy said, the OEM exhaust is more restricted than the ARMYTRIX with the valves closed.
Old 08-02-17, 01:25 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Alright ..it’s done!! The exhaust has been ordered!! I scheduled the install with Evasive Motorsports. Thanks to Brianlin87 for recommending Evasive Motorsports!!! I think they’re a great fit and have done many RCF installs. It’s about an hour drive, but it’s worth it for a quality and trustworthy install.

I’m so stoked and can’t wait to hear the RCF growl.

Cheers,
Old 08-02-17, 01:27 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 274 Likes on 173 Posts

Alright ..it’s done!! The exhaust has been ordered!! I scheduled the install with Evasive Motorsports. Thanks to Brianlin87 for recommending Evasive Motorsports!!! I think they’re a great fit and have done many RCF installs. It’s about an hour drive, but it’s worth it for a quality and trustworthy install.

I’m so stoked and can’t wait to hear the RCF growl.

Cheers,
Congrats,
tell MIKE and TONY at Evasive i said HI
Old 08-05-17, 05:34 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

ZippyRCF, when are you getting your exhaust installed? I want to hear it in person since I like Armytrix's exhaust clips.
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (08-05-17)
Old 08-05-17, 11:16 AM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

Originally Posted by ba2sy
ZippyRCF, when are you getting your exhaust installed? I want to hear it in person since I like Armytrix's exhaust clips.
As of right now, I'm scheduled with Evasive Motorsports for install on August 16th. I'm hoping the exhaust will get here quick. I should have tracking information by Monday.
Old 08-05-17, 10:15 PM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

So I came across this video as I wait for my Armytrix to arrive. The suspense is killing me. This is probably the best Armytrix sound clip online. Plus I really like the details he gets into describing tuning. Unfortunately, it's not in English but it does have subtitles.

Cheers,
The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (08-07-17)
Old 08-06-17, 11:00 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 700 Likes on 614 Posts

Wait is always killer.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-07-17, 12:03 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,497 Likes on 1,797 Posts

Armytrix is the 2nd best exhaust for the RCF behind the Novel. They really nailed the acoustics on it. Just like the E9X M3, it sounds incredible with this exhaust. Anyone considering it, needs to watch 12:50 and that should say enough about it.
Old 08-24-17, 09:30 AM
ZiPPyRCF
Driver

So tomorrow is the big day! Exhaust is finally scheduled to get installed. Had some shipping delays, but the exhaust finally arrived from Wu Ku District, Taiwan. So stoked!!!

Quick Reply: Exhaust Installer Southern Cali