RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Any help with finding this part??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-17, 07:30 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Any help with finding this part??

This is one of two clips that hold the air filter housing closed. One of these came up missing on my RC F after I had the car in for a dealer warranty service on a catalytic converter and I didn't notice it until about 3 weeks or a month later. Whey I called the service rep at Lexus he claimed that they didn't do anything under the hood like check the air filter, etc., so they couldn't be responsible. I called Lexus parts to just order one rather than hassle with the dealer but they told me that I would have to buy the entire air filter housing, this isn't sold as a separate part, which is about $800. So now the Lexus service people want to remove all the covers under the car to look for it which is probably a reasonable thing to do but takes a big chunk out of my day to drive over there, wait, etc. If anybody has ditched the stock intake and would be willing to part with one of these let me know or if you have any ideas on where I can get one.

thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Any help with finding this part??-img_2574.jpg  
Old 06-04-17, 11:10 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I wonder if this part is shared universally across the Toyota/Lexus lineup? Meaning if you went to a junk yard and look and maybe there are plenty of these clips around. I can't imagine if it is the same clip, the junk yard wants more than, say 10 bucks ? More like 5 bucks?

Originally Posted by Fysisist
This is one of two clips that hold the air filter housing closed. One of these came up missing on my RC F after I had the car in for a dealer warranty service on a catalytic converter and I didn't notice it until about 3 weeks or a month later. Whey I called the service rep at Lexus he claimed that they didn't do anything under the hood like check the air filter, etc., so they couldn't be responsible. I called Lexus parts to just order one rather than hassle with the dealer but they told me that I would have to buy the entire air filter housing, this isn't sold as a separate part, which is about $800. So now the Lexus service people want to remove all the covers under the car to look for it which is probably a reasonable thing to do but takes a big chunk out of my day to drive over there, wait, etc. If anybody has ditched the stock intake and would be willing to part with one of these let me know or if you have any ideas on where I can get one.

thanks.
Old 06-04-17, 06:42 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah that is where I'll check next. It seems likely that it is used in more than one application.