RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

"Lexus Plus" no more negotiations at dealer

Old 05-15-17, 03:06 PM
airlaird
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default "Lexus Plus" no more negotiations at dealer

Well..I happened to jump on the Lexus site just now. This is the first time i have heard of this "Lexus Plus". Apparently it is a new concept where there will be "one price" on services and on vehicles new or used...Not sure if I will like this..I look forward to negotiations when I buy a car...any thoughts...so..it appears it will be like Carmax' motto of no haggling
airlaird
Old 05-15-17, 03:15 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

only if they give up the invoice of what they actually paid for the vehicle.. otherwise I'm not interested..

knowing the RCF had an MSRP north of $75K and they were marking them down as much as $15K (or more) at one point, tells you that the invoice price was in the high $50K low $60K range, because no dealer is selling at a loss.. If they are not giving haggle room on a huge markup (like CarMax does) I am not really interested.

Carmax has a set 20% mark up over purchase price, every car they sell they make a minimum of 20% on.
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (05-22-17)
Old 05-15-17, 04:31 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
only if they give up the invoice of what they actually paid for the vehicle.. otherwise I'm not interested..

knowing the RCF had an MSRP north of $75K and they were marking them down as much as $15K (or more) at one point, tells you that the invoice price was in the high $50K low $60K range, because no dealer is selling at a loss.. If they are not giving haggle room on a huge markup (like CarMax does) I am not really interested.

Carmax has a set 20% mark up over purchase price, every car they sell they make a minimum of 20% on.
the RCF discounted that much bc the were last year model. Current year only discounted 7-8k
Old 05-15-17, 05:53 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ssmoked
the RCF discounted that much bc the were last year model. Current year only discounted 7-8k
even $8K is a joke. if you can discount a vehicle $8K that means the vehicle isn't worth the extra $8K in the first place. and later on when there is still too much inventory they will add on another $6K -$7k, again means that the vehicle is over priced. even with a $15K discount the dealer isn't selling at a loss.
Old 05-15-17, 06:08 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I too am curious to how Lexus will do this for it takes complete control of pricing away from the dealership. How will Lexus address different dealership operating costs? The cost of a facility in or around Manhattan, NY will cost much more than say, Manhattan, Alabama (if there is even such a place) but you hopefully get my point. Labor costs too are region and state specific and differ. Will Lexus just take a combined average for their static pricing to offset to have a one-price? What does a dealer do with heavy inventory if they cannot discount to clear their lot? Very curious...
Old 05-15-17, 06:31 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mr2dave
I too am curious to how Lexus will do this for it takes complete control of pricing away from the dealership. How will Lexus address different dealership operating costs? The cost of a facility in or around Manhattan, NY will cost much more than say, Manhattan, Alabama (if there is even such a place) but you hopefully get my point. Labor costs too are region and state specific and differ. Will Lexus just take a combined average for their static pricing to offset to have a one-price? What does a dealer do with heavy inventory if they cannot discount to clear their lot? Very curious...
according to the website, pricing will be adjusted for the local market:

NEGOTIATION-FREE PRICING

YOU’RE IN THE DRIVER’S SEAT,
EVEN BEFORE YOU GET THERE.

The more you know, the better. Which is why you’ll find transparent, upfront pricing on everything. From new vehicles to service rates, we continually track local prices, market conditions, and even apply current incentives ahead of time to bring you fair and competitive prices before you ever open the door. As for the value of the time you’ll save not having to negotiate? We’ll leave that calculation up to you.

THERE'S ONLY ONE OF US BECAUSE
THERE'S ONLY ONE OF YOU.

With Lexus Plus, your dedicated Lexus sales or service consultant is there to assist you every step of the way. From product and pricing information to trade-in offers and final paperwork. No awkward hand-offs. No waiting while they check with a manager. No pressure. Because they’re not here to sell you a Lexus. They’re here to help you buy the one that’s right for you

What is Lexus Plus?

Lexus Plus is a new process that launched in select dealerships beginning in April of 2016. It is the next chapter of the Lexus continuous commitment to an elevated luxury dealership experience and includes negotiation-free pricing and a dedicated consultant who can assist you from start to finish so you don’t need to deal with multiple associates.

What are the specifics of the program?

There are two key features of the program:
  • Negotiation-free Pricing—Lexus Plus dealers will provide negotiation-free, market-value prices for every offering available for purchase at a dealership. This transparent pricing approach includes new and pre-owned vehicles, service packages, accessories, and more.
  • Dedicated Consultants—Customers will work with a personal consultant to accompany them throughout their sales experience—from the initial introduction through the delivery. They will also have a single point of contact during their service visits.

What makes the Lexus Plus program different?

With Lexus Plus, the dealership experience will be simplified—more straightforward, streamlined and reflective of a true luxury brand. Each customer can purchase or lease their vehicle without having to negotiate a price or work with multiple consultants. With a dedicated consultant, the vehicle service experience will also be easier and faster

Does Lexus plan to roll out this program across all its dealerships eventually? What is the timing?

We anticipate that more dealerships will participate in the Lexus Plus program as the initiative progresses. Lexus Plus is a program that dealers can opt to participate in—but are not required to. As the program develops, we expect a steady growth of dealers signing up.

Why can’t a dealership offer Lexus Plus as well as the traditional pricing model and let customers choose which kind of pricing they prefer?

While our unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service is evident in whichever Lexus dealer you visit, the kind of seamless, customer-empowered experience that Lexus Plus is intended to create requires a complete shift in the thought process as well as the operational aspects of a dealership.

Does the Lexus Plus program affect the purchase and lease process only?

The Lexus Plus program will transform all experiences inside the dealership, including new vehicle acquisition, L/Certified vehicle acquisition, the financing process, vehicle service and parts and accessories purchase.
Old 05-15-17, 08:57 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Just to tack on. Heard this months ago. Seems limited dealership participating currently. Sort of a pilot program. They are hoping more and more dealerships will climb on board but not mandatory.
Old 05-16-17, 02:04 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

That's about as far from the truth as one could get from the carmax pricing strategy.
Old 05-16-17, 03:54 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ZaxF
That's about as far from the truth as one could get from the carmax pricing strategy.
really, cause that is exactly what 2 different CarMax locations told me when I had my RCF priced there a few weeks ago.
Old 05-16-17, 04:55 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by LXSDO
Just to tack on. Heard this months ago. Seems limited dealership participating currently. Sort of a pilot program. They are hoping more and more dealerships will climb on board but not mandatory.
That's wht I heard as well. "Lexus plus" isn't new news.
Old 05-16-17, 06:43 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

even $8K is a joke. if you can discount a vehicle $8K that means the vehicle isn't worth the extra $8K in the first place. and later on when there is still too much inventory they will add on another $6K -$7k, again means that the vehicle is over priced. even with a $15K discount the dealer isn't selling at a loss.
demand decides if a product is over valued or not. I bet if the RCF out performed the M4, which msrp more than the RCF and much less discount, the RCF would sell at asking msrp no problem and the M4 would need the huge discounts to move unit.

Do you really think it costs 72-80k for make a RCF or 75-90k to make a M4? The real cost is probably 20k tops each unit. That's why BMW and Toyota can post billions in profit annually.

Even better example, Ferrari and Lambo MSRP and cost to make vs profit

Last edited by ssmoked; 05-16-17 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-16-17, 08:42 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ssmoked
demand decides if a product is over valued or not. I bet if the RCF out performed the M4, which msrp more than the RCF and much less discount, the RCF would sell at asking msrp no problem and the M4 would need the huge discounts to move unit.

Do you really think it costs 72-80k for make a RCF or 75-90k to make a M4? The real cost is probably 20k tops each unit. That's why BMW and Toyota can post billions in profit annually.

Even better example, Ferrari and Lambo MSRP and cost to make vs profit
yes I know this. Doesn't change my feelings about it.
Old 05-16-17, 09:32 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Looks like this isn't a very good program for dealers. Seems like the list has gotten a bit shorter since they rolled out the program. The dealer in SoCal that used to offer Lexus Plus, no longer is one anymore. Not surprising though...I noticed that they were selling cars significantly more than dealers surrounding them, making them uncompetitive.
Old 05-17-17, 07:36 AM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Excerpts from Lexus PLUS:

NEGOTIATION-FREE PRICING YOU’RE IN THE DRIVER’S SEAT, EVEN BEFORE YOU GET THERE.
The more you know, the better. Which is why you’ll find transparent, upfront pricing on everything. From new vehicles to service rates,
we continually track local prices, market conditions, and even apply current incentives ahead of time to bring you fair and competitive prices
before you ever open the door.

The LEXUS PLUS dealership in WI offers this fair and competitive price
on the new LC500

New 2018 Lexus LC 500 LC 500 RWD

MSRP * $105,938
Negotiation Free Price ** $118,308
Old 05-19-17, 09:54 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Looks like THAT LC500 WILL SIT THERE FIR A LOOOOOOOOOONG TIME!!!

Originally Posted by gs400998
Excerpts from Lexus PLUS:

NEGOTIATION-FREE PRICING YOU’RE IN THE DRIVER’S SEAT, EVEN BEFORE YOU GET THERE.
The more you know, the better. Which is why you’ll find transparent, upfront pricing on everything. From new vehicles to service rates,
we continually track local prices, market conditions, and even apply current incentives ahead of time to bring you fair and competitive prices
before you ever open the door.

The LEXUS PLUS dealership in WI offers this fair and competitive price
on the new LC500

New 2018 Lexus LC 500 LC 500 RWD

MSRP * $105,938
Negotiation Free Price ** $118,308

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Lexus Plus" no more negotiations at dealer