RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

So who is trading in their RCF for LC500

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-17, 08:59 PM
Flilady
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a fan of the lines or the price on the LC. Coming from a 44yr old female who ordered her F Jan '15 and has been having a passionate affair with it ever since! Going to be hard to top that kind of 'sexy' on the road.....old lady in tow or not😜
Attached Thumbnails So who is trading in their RCF for LC500-img_4493.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
lexusnutt (05-12-17)
Old 05-12-17, 05:17 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Flilady
Not a fan of the lines or the price on the LC. Coming from a 44yr old female who ordered her F Jan '15 and has been having a passionate affair with it ever since! Going to be hard to top that kind of 'sexy' on the road.....old lady in tow or not😜
I stand corrected! Thanks for chiming in.
Old 05-13-17, 03:25 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Hey all,

So we get a lot of questions like "if I get an lc500 will you be able to tune/supercharge/turbo it." The short answer is NO.

It takes time to gain access to an ECU. It could be 2 months, or 2 years, or never. We kind of got lucky with the RCF/GSF, and that's what allowed us to complete the SC kit, but without access to the ECU, nothing can be done other than simple bolt ons.

So bottom line is... if you see us buying an LC500, then you know it can be tuned

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following 3 users liked this post by RRRacing:
BossMoss (05-14-17), Dsully (06-21-19), guanche2k9 (03-14-20)
Old 05-14-17, 11:38 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Since the RC-F and GS-F are essentially siblings with one another, I felt this LC500/GS-F track comparison video from Engineering Explained would be relevant to this thread.

Old 05-14-17, 04:45 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Relevant but way off. By his logic, no one should buy a 650i When you can buy a better performing m3/M4 for a lot less. Doesn't take all that data to reveal that Lexus "F" line is the top performance offering, so comparing a non-F car is just silly

Last edited by Deanrcf; 05-14-17 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-14-17, 06:55 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
Relevant but way off. By his logic, no one should by a 650i When you can by a better performing m3/M4 for a lot less. Doesn't take all that data to reveal that Lexus "F" line is the top performance offering, so comparing a non-F car is just silly
Agree 100%. Grand Tourer vs family sedan!?! Just reading the video title was enough to know it would be waste of time. Sadly he (and many others) don't look past the numbers.

Last edited by TimboIS; 05-14-17 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-15-17, 08:57 AM
MDElliott
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Surprised to see the LC 500 weighing in at a whopping 4,280 pounds.
finny76 (05-16-17)
Old 05-15-17, 09:49 AM
Curtis2000
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it just me or the depreciation for the RC F is horrible? I purchased my 2015 last April for $60K, $13K off MSRP. I was looking to go back to the RX as this car was on my bucket list and couldn't find anyone to buy it for more than $44k. That seems like a huge drop in just 1 yr. When I look for what comparable ones in my area are selling for on Truecar, some seem to be listed for low where as others are closer to $50-52K, retail. Do they hit you that hard on a trade in? I wouldn't think they would need to make $6k+ for selling your car. Private is too hard to sell, Beepi was great for my other car when they were around. My brother likes to brag that his Corvette pretty much went up in value after he traded it in a yr or so after he bought it... I'm sure the demand for our car is a lot less than the vet.

So now I've convinced myself to keep it longer and might as well enjoy it and take whatever more depreciation hit over the next couple of yrs. Just hard as it isn't a practical car that I need for personal use. Wife's RX takes the beating... And I'm not about to have a 2nd car.
finny76 (05-16-17)
Old 05-15-17, 11:18 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Seems pretty average to me. Is your car fully loaded? Seems like you got a good deal. In the car world, your car is not one year old, it's two years old despite you owning it for one year. When you bought it, it already had depreciated one year. Fully loaded RCFs with less than 20k miles in SOCAL are still above $50k. Private may be the way to go
Old 05-15-17, 11:31 AM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Curtis2000
Is it just me or the depreciation for the RC F is horrible? I purchased my 2015 last April for $60K, $13K off MSRP. I was looking to go back to the RX as this car was on my bucket list and couldn't find anyone to buy it for more than $44k. That seems like a huge drop in just 1 yr. When I look for what comparable ones in my area are selling for on Truecar, some seem to be listed for low where as others are closer to $50-52K, retail. Do they hit you that hard on a trade in? I wouldn't think they would need to make $6k+ for selling your car. Private is too hard to sell, Beepi was great for my other car when they were around. My brother likes to brag that his Corvette pretty much went up in value after he traded it in a yr or so after he bought it... I'm sure the demand for our car is a lot less than the vet.

So now I've convinced myself to keep it longer and might as well enjoy it and take whatever more depreciation hit over the next couple of yrs. Just hard as it isn't a practical car that I need for personal use. Wife's RX takes the beating... And I'm not about to have a 2nd car.
Unfortunately, depreciation hasn't been kind to the RC F. I recently traded mine and got $45,500 with 29,500 miles on the clock. I leased it March 2015(36 months/30k mile allowance) and the car was going to need new tires and a full brake job in the very near future, so it made sense to me. The dealer has since listed it for $52,900 as CPO, but I doubt anyone will agree to that price considering the inventory of low mileage Fs out there.
Old 05-15-17, 01:22 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Curtis2000

try to buy or lease a corvette stingray and see how much they lose in 2-3 years.

chevy has a 52% residual on the stingray lease currently
Old 05-15-17, 01:59 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

LC sounds great stock.

JT2MA71 (05-15-17)
Old 05-15-17, 02:17 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy II last night and there is a commercial where you have to guess the car manufacturer by a sound clip of the engine and exhaust. The commercial lists most luxury brands; BMW, Mercedes, Audi, even Lamborghini. They blank out the screen and all you hear is a car moving pretty fast and tires screeching, then you make a guess. They give you two tries. Within 5 seconds of the first sound clip, I knew it was Lexus' 2UR-GSE and I was right. I was the LC500 to be exact.
The following 2 users liked this post by Deanrcf:
Dsully (06-21-19), SmurFPwr (05-15-17)
Old 05-15-17, 02:17 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,511 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
Stock for stock, the LC definitely sounds better, it already has that pop and crackle that a lot of RCF owners want! I hope it's not from less efficient tuning!
Old 05-15-17, 06:28 PM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Why not chime in....Keeping the RC F. HOWEVER, if I can work a deal on the GS F I wouldn't mind the 4 doors...With that said, I priced a GS F on the Lexus site, looks like the "Lexus Plus" is a joke. The car priced exactly as it did months back. Why take out the negotiation? I suppose it's to minimize loss. I can place a ridiculous price on my service and my customers will go elsewhere. Lexus should be cautious with this. We like deals

Sorry to get off subject...
finny76 (05-16-17)

Quick Reply: So who is trading in their RCF for LC500