RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

A new set of questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-17, 05:52 PM
Bilious72
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new set of questions

I just got my 2015 RC F on Friday. I did a lease takeover of one I loved with only 6k miles, TVD, and leather. I have a few more questions now that it's here. I have an appointment at the dealership on Monday to go over some issues. Firstly, I can't get th rear spoiler to go down. I read another thread on hear and appear to be experiencing the same issue. Any tips on testing it?

Secondly, I don't think the seat heaters work unless mildly war is the highest setting. Anyone else experience this?

Lastly, how am I supposed to drive this to get the best performance? I'm coming from 10 years of BMW 3.0 turbo inline sixes, so this is a completely different animal. If I drive in sport+ I still rarely get above 3k rpm before the transmission shifts. There doesn't seem to be a lot of pull. On the couple of occasions I more or less floors it, when it hit 4-5k I thought my ***** were going to be torn off. It was wicked fast. Do most people use the paddle shifters and shift much later than the computer, or has this car just not been pushed before and needs to learn how I drive?

Overall, I absolutely love it. The thumbs up I'm getting are a lot of fun, and this is the first RC F I've ever seen in town. M4's, Maserati's, and other high end cars are all over the place here, so it's a nice switch.

Thank you all and super happy to be one of the club finally.
Old 04-29-17, 07:57 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

There is a service bulletin on the rear spoilers. Just remind the dealer of this.
Regarding the drive to get the best performance, sports + and manual is what works for me. If you have the performance package, some people here like the slalom setting for the street and track for the highways. When in auto, it should learn your driving habits.

And welcome to the enlightened side!
The following users liked this post:
Bilious72 (04-29-17)
Old 04-29-17, 08:41 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

The seat heater/ cooler are weak. It's normal. I think there is only 1 fan blowing and the performance leather is too thick for the heat to penetrate.
sport+ with traction off (hold it for 3 sec) will yield the best performance without any restrictions.

i know your car is a lease, but adding a borla exhaust for 1500 will unleash the beast.

Enhoy!
Bilious72 (04-29-17)
Old 04-29-17, 08:52 PM
dbturbo2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought there may be a menu setting that keeps the wing up, may want to double check that first,

The seats don't heat or cool particularly well, that's normal. There was a post in the last week or so showing how to remove and modify the seat it if you are so inclined.

Agree that sport+ and manual mode work best and are the most fun. Engine pulls and sounds great at mid/upper rpm's, so the more time you spend there the happier you will be.

congrats and enjoy!
Bilious72 (04-29-17)
Old 04-29-17, 09:05 PM
2Insane
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Congrats on your new purchase. There is a button on the left side between the steering wheel and door for the wing. If that doesn't work, go with the other members recommendation. Sport t mode is a blast. For the best bang for the buck, get yourself an intake. Super easy to install and inexpensive. Takeda makes an incredible unit. For more hp and tq, upgrade the exhaust. There are tons out there. Personal fav is A'pexi. High quality system. Also, A'pexi makes the throttle control, which is what will make you even more happier. Here are the links.
http://www.modinjapan.com/apexi-410-...FR2BswodcoIFTQ

http://www.modinjapan.com/takeda-pro...6-v8-5-0l.html

http://www.modinjapan.com/apexi-n1-e...lexus-rcf.html

Last edited by 2Insane; 04-29-17 at 09:11 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 2Insane:
Bilious72 (04-30-17), ModInJapan (05-01-17)
Old 04-30-17, 02:32 PM
Bilious72
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Insane
Congrats on your new purchase. There is a button on the left side between the steering wheel and door for the wing. If that doesn't work, go with the other members recommendation. Sport t mode is a blast. For the best bang for the buck, get yourself an intake. Super easy to install and inexpensive. Takeda makes an incredible unit. For more hp and tq, upgrade the exhaust. There are tons out there. Personal fav is A'pexi. High quality system. Also, A'pexi makes the throttle control, which is what will make you even more happier. Here are the links.
http://www.modinjapan.com/apexi-410-...FR2BswodcoIFTQ

http://www.modinjapan.com/takeda-pro...6-v8-5-0l.html

http://www.modinjapan.com/apexi-n1-e...lexus-rcf.html
Thank you. Would any of these void warranties if I installed them? With only 6k miles, I don't want to screw that up. I like the idea of some performance mods though.
Old 04-30-17, 06:24 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Bilious72
Thank you. Would any of these void warranties if I installed them? With only 6k miles, I don't want to screw that up. I like the idea of some performance mods though.
since yours is a lease, everytime you take it in for service they might take note of it. Unless you uninstall it first.

If you only have and exhaust, they will not care as long you return it to stock lease end
Bilious72 (04-30-17)