RC F Problems at 19400 miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-17, 08:13 AM
LexusFsprt
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RC F Problems at 19400 miles

Hey fellas,

I recently hit a huge pothole leaving me with 2 bubbles in my front driver side tire, no other problems such as bent rim or suspension. I replaced the tire at my local Lexus dealer and they offered me their "State-of-the-Art" wheel alignment... *face palm*. I had them align the car after replacing the tire ($200 alignment, I got ripped off). I asked for a copy of the results but they forgot to print it out. So now I feel fishy and bet they haven't touched *****.
On the drive home, taking a curve and hitting a bump, the rear of the car felt wobbly. The car never felt like this, nor did it feel like that after hitting the pothole. It felt like they didn't torque the lug nuts or something like my wheel was about to come off. I stop, jack the car and tighten the lugs (they were tight).
Did the mechanics actually mess up my alignment instead of making it better? Is something loose or broken like a suspension link? Upon hitting the pothole, only my front driver side was affected and the pothole didn't touch any rear tires. Tire pressure in all 4 are spot on.

I have an appointment tomorrow to bring the car back but the service advisor made it sound like he didn't know what I was saying...

**ALSO my F has about 19400 miles. Recently the car has been struggling to turn over lately during a warm startup. During a cold startup it starts up fine. After driving a little, parking the car for about an hour, the car takes longer to startup, sounding like it is about to stall. It could be the battery but I recently had it diagnosed and the battery was healthy.

Any input?
Thanks,

Last edited by LexusFsprt; 04-27-17 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-27-17, 08:35 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

any codes? I would have them get the car back on the rack and recheck everything just to be sure they may have forgotten to tighten something back up..

Last edited by cosmo1; 04-27-17 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-27-17, 10:57 AM
fasttexasz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just my 2 cents on the matter,

I would have them redo the alignment since they failed to print everything out and it seems they may have jacked up the rear alignment to the point of causing your rear end to walk. I had a similar issue with my Lexus dealer did an alignment on my ISF and they left a bolt loose on the front lower control. They as well tried to argue saying I was wrong but when they put it in the air the tech saw the problem right away. Good luck in getting things squared away and as far as the occasional slow/stalling start sounds like a battery to me as well so have them investigate more.
Old 04-27-17, 02:25 PM
Colt45ccg
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fasttexasz
Just my 2 cents on the matter,

I would have them redo the alignment since they failed to print everything out and it seems they may have jacked up the rear alignment to the point of causing your rear end to walk. I had a similar issue with my Lexus dealer did an alignment on my ISF and they left a bolt loose on the front lower control. They as well tried to argue saying I was wrong but when they put it in the air the tech saw the problem right away. Good luck in getting things squared away and as far as the occasional slow/stalling start sounds like a battery to me as well so have them investigate more.
I completely agree - if they don't print out the alignment it usually means they didn't actually take the time to align it.

Since you've already paid for the alignment and you are having a problem, make them put it back on the rack and show you that everything is where it is supposed to be.
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (04-27-17)
Old 04-27-17, 08:26 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,843 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Make sure they're smart enough to calibrate their rack before they try to align your car, and also make sure the tire pressures are correct when they align it. One of the Atlanta dealers supposedly aligned my car and didn't set up the rack right. I got a print out with some of the most horrible numbers I've ever seen and I immediately took it to my local NTB (where they know me) and put it on their rack. The alignment Lexus did was screwy, but easily fixed, and none of the issues required replacing parts where Lexus was telling me to get offset rear LCA bushings for the front. Like I'm going to pull my poly bushings and put the squishy donuts back in...

Anyway, dealerships are not the place to get your car aligned IME.
Old 04-28-17, 11:55 AM
LexusFsprt
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you all for the input guys! I am going to another Lexus dealer to fix this issue. I told them what happened and they will re-align my car for free and offered me to watch them do it.
Old 04-28-17, 12:51 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

I've had my F aligned twice. Guess who sat in the driver's seat while it was up on the rack? My guy is certainly not a dealer

Lou
Old 04-28-17, 03:16 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

regarding the slow cranking, warm starts. my isf has done this off and on for several years now. didn't matter if the battery was old or brand new. of course the dealer had no clue bc they could not replicate it.

sometimes it'll happen everyday for about a week. then it goes away and won't happen again for another 3 to 4 months. very strange, no codes. the car has never NOT started but sometimes it seemed like it would not start at all. my car has about 62k miles.
Old 04-28-17, 06:50 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,843 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Originally Posted by cremaster
regarding the slow cranking, warm starts. my isf has done this off and on for several years now. didn't matter if the battery was old or brand new. of course the dealer had no clue bc they could not replicate it.

sometimes it'll happen everyday for about a week. then it goes away and won't happen again for another 3 to 4 months. very strange, no codes. the car has never NOT started but sometimes it seemed like it would not start at all. my car has about 62k miles.
Starter bendix is going off. The contacts are worn, and it shows up even more when it is hot.