TOMS Suspension Bracing - Install w PICs

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-18, 08:10 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Question

Not looking to Hijack or go Off Topic here:

Which Bar is the one seen going across the engine when ya lift up the hood?

Exactly what does that do for you, and who makes them?

Thanks!
Old 04-24-18, 11:22 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Not looking to Hijack or go Off Topic here:

Which Bar is the one seen going across the engine when ya lift up the hood?

Exactly what does that do for you, and who makes them?

Thanks!
I'll email you the information!

Its the Toms Racing one.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-24-18, 02:55 PM
Traffic22
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent write up, thank you very much. Do you happen to know, or can you estimate how much weight this adds to the car?
Old 04-24-18, 08:12 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks

Its the Toms Racing one.

-Josh
josh
The Toms front one fit LHD ?
Old 04-26-18, 07:42 AM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Mod in japan said it fits if you remove the bar attached to the chassis but I am not sure ,
also I have a 2017 and the bar brackets look different since they have the wire for eletronic suspension
Old 07-31-18, 07:12 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks

Its the Toms Racing one.

-Josh
can ya msg me details too?
Old 08-01-18, 09:12 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Talk about a resurrection

Originally Posted by Ricardorc
Mod in japan said it fits if you remove the bar attached to the chassis but I am not sure ,
also I have a 2017 and the bar brackets look different since they have the wire for eletronic suspension
And what alternative do us 2017 owners have?
Def assume there's been something created along these same lines for desired effect?
Old 08-01-18, 03:59 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

I have a full set of underbrace in stock for RCF TVD/NON TVD, if anyone is interested
Old 03-21-19, 10:26 AM
Raptor061
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

So the RHD Tom’s tower bar fits the LHD if you have 2015-16 with no TVD?
Old 03-21-19, 11:06 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Raptor061
So the RHD Tom’s tower bar fits the LHD if you have 2015-16 with no TVD?
Strut tower bar has no relevance to the TVD, the RHD and LHD Front strut tower bar is not the same so they are not interchangable
Old 08-30-19, 09:42 PM
Raptor061
Rookie

GS F tower bar is confirmed to fit RCF, also if you install the rear lower brace, ensure you have something to hold up the rear subframe(a jack to support on the diff), it will collapse on your face if not., and you will have a bad day. Also taking off the right wheel makes the job a 5 min job, ...so subframe support+right wheel removal= slide in bolt up tq=👌🏼

Last edited by Raptor061; 08-30-19 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-31-19, 01:46 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

There are alternative front upper tower braces on the market made just for the RCF if you so choose to look beyond Toms offerings.
Old 08-31-19, 10:45 AM
Raptor061
Rookie

Thank you,., I just wanted to match everything in my RCF, I don’t even think the front tower bar does much, as the stock one looks more supportive than aftermarkets, prob just for looks. But I do have a Blitz tower bar, but everything else is TOM’s and it's irking me and prob pull the trigger and get the GSF bar to match
Old 06-11-20, 09:03 PM
JayLexin
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JB5674
So, after experiencing a hefty increase in steering response and drivability in a full bolt-on G37s, I decided that I wanted to explore the notion of suspension bracing in the RCF. Many have told me the mod is not-needed due to the car being capable, as is. While I have Penske Coilovers by RR-Racing and the RR-Racing USRS, I wanted something to tie the car up since my experience with the G was so pleasant. Overall, I wanted these mod's for some time, yet I was told that fitment was an issue for USDM RCF's. I reached out to Lou from Mod In Japan, since he was receiving quite a bit of TOMS gear. Overall, he was a tremendous help and with multiple go-backs to TOMS USA and TOMS Japan, he made the transaction quite easy. Overall, I had my parts in under 10 days ( yes, thats coming from Japan directly!!! ). So, I tip my hat to Lou and team, for the prompt service and prompt delivery! My reason for so many "go-backs" was more fitment. Should the parts not fit, I didnt want to eat the cost. TOMS and MOJ assured me that all is well, and stood behind me as a customer. That's all I can really ask for......

Back to the parts.....

Below are the parts that were ordered......
All the parts and the part numbers
I couldnt order the top strut bar for the engine, as TOMS only has one for RHD cars or only JDM market vehicles. Also, I opted not to get the rear upper bar, due to not wanting to cut into my trunk liner. Overall, I will get the top mount strut bar once its released.

Overall, the parts are a simple bolt-on. TOMS instructions were in Japanese but thanks to google translate and a web conversation from NM to Tq......I was able to dial in the specs needed on the TQ wrench. all 4 pieces took about an hour overall to put on, as I did the install with my buddy who is a master Lexus certified tech.

First brace in the center - simple bolt on and tq to spec
Left side - rear
right side - rear

this piece is directly under the control arm in the rear - both left and right sides. the stock piece comes out, and this heavy duty piece is a replacement. Again, bolt off, bolt on and tq to sepc

This is the front brace - notice the headers and USRS. the subframe cover was removed and this was bolted in. Simple bolt back on of the removed parts, re TQ to spec and then replace the cover.
Rear brace installed - here shows both the TOMS replacement from before and the rear cross member brace. This one, you need to drop the back piece by the exhaust to get the the center bolts. slide the long bar in from one side, slide the other in......bolt on, TQ to spec.
Overall, the driving experience associated with these mods are quite noticeable. Immediately, the car felt more planted and more agile. I am now on 20" wheels and the car rides rough. I was able to get more "feel" back with this mod. On the way home, I took a turn at 70 mph, with my buddy the mechanic in his chase car ( a modded GSF ). He said the body on my car didn't move one bit, and he could visually see the car "track" around the turn with ease. I'm very happy! Now, its like the car is planted and gliding around turns vs the "plan" or "recognition" that rear has a little play in it and to feel for when the car responds. While these mods aren't cheap, I do feel more steering input, the car is more planted, and the feel is most certainly there. I cant wait to put my stocks back on and rip around the track. I have been a little busy with work, yet I know a track day is in my near future. I will keep everyone abreast of how the track day goes. For now, I would highly recommend this mod for those wanting a more planted, sharper, responsive and more alert car.
On the front brace you mentioned you removed the cover and replaced back. In your photo the subframe cover is missing, did you replace after the photo or does it not fit on when brace is fitted?

Last edited by JayLexin; 06-11-20 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-27-24, 08:49 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 751 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by JayLexin
On the front brace you mentioned you removed the cover and replaced back. In your photo the subframe cover is missing, did you replace after the photo or does it not fit on when brace is fitted?

Super old thread but since there's no update I figure it I'd post information since I just got done installing all of this.

The front black brace goes back on the car.
Did Tom's brace does not interfere at all with the installation All factory pieces are ret.

Hope that helps.
*Note that I do not have any of the bolts tightened on the black brace piece everything is loose at this point minus the Tom's bar.

-Nigel
The following users liked this post:
07LXgs350 (01-28-24)