RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Who has ordered the RR Racing Supercharger Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-17, 05:03 AM
MilkoRcF
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Purchased my Kit

can't wait to get it installed!!!!!
Old 05-05-17, 01:21 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by SinisteRCF
Reason, I have not bought the kit. I don't trust any tuners out this way or at least ones that have tuned RCFs.

Originally Posted by SinisteRCF
Well that confirms that...lol. Looks like the Supercharger mod will have to be out on the backburner until someone trained by RR tunes out here. Sucks for us.

Fuys, we have a tune that we have done extensive dyno and track development on. You do not need to custom tone your supercharged RCF. You will receive our stock Supercharger tune. Once you start running the car, you can simply send us some basic datalogs which we will evaluate to make sure the car is running as it should.

Originally Posted by Spam89
RR tune is right around the corner from me! They are short in staff due to a loss of a member so it is hard to get a date to install anything.
We are no longer short on staff, our new tech/fabricator started a week ago and we couldn't be happier with his work, absolutely A+.

Right now we are sold out RCF kits and we wont be able to deliver more until late June or early July. We are currently taking deposits for SC's for early July delivery.

Big thanks to everyone who ordered!

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
cosmo1 (05-06-17), IMCHIA (05-05-17)
Old 05-08-17, 11:31 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by paulwall4
im pretty sure in cali the car doesn't get its first smog until 6 years after it was produced

there are plenty of shops in so cal that will pass any car though
yup 6 years after produced then every 2 years after
Old 05-09-17, 06:23 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts
Default KillerChiller.com

Hey Rafi,
is there room for one of these http://killerchiller.com
with your SC setup?
Old 05-09-17, 11:20 AM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsully
In California, after your first smog check, you have to get your car inspected every two years. On top of that, if I were to ever be pulled over for speeding and an officer opened my hood I would immediately be ticketed for CARB violations and forced to prematurely remove it. I am sure that the kit is not something that I want to continuously bolt on and off every two years or less.
When I had my Vortech G35, I got pulled over by CHP because he heard a "blowoff valve". Even after visually inspecting the engine bay, the guy swore I had a turbo. He took pics of my engine bay and I accepted the ticket and prepared to embarrass the F@ck out of him in court, but he never showed and ticket was dismissed. Hell, Vortech is actually in SOCAL, lol. Figured he got back to the precinct and his buddies laughed at him for writing a ticket on a supercharger with the CARB EO number right on the compressor. If RR gets a EO number, then they can pull you over all they want, but it won't go anywhere, because the car will pass smog. You can't combat ignorance and a badge, so just have your ducks in a row.
Old 05-15-17, 03:34 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

In California, after your first smog check, you have to get your car inspected every two years. On top of that, if I were to ever be pulled over for speeding and an officer opened my hood I would immediately be ticketed for CARB violations and forced to prematurely remove it. I am sure that the kit is not something that I want to continuously bolt on and off every two years or less.
actually, with an SC, it's relatively easy to do. You don't have to remove the entire setup, just the SC, intake piping, an pipe that goes to the TB. Then just install the factory airbox back in place. The intercooler, oil lines, and most of the piping stay in place.

Rafi
Old 05-19-17, 10:53 AM
Dsully
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That doesn't sound too bad. Maybe I will splurge a bit and get this kit. Once they are back in stock and I can save up the money.
Old 05-19-17, 11:05 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

If kits have already been sold then why hasn't anyone posted up anything?? I wouldn't think it would take no more than a few days for the install..
Old 05-19-17, 04:29 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
If kits have already been sold then why hasn't anyone posted up anything?? I wouldn't think it would take no more than a few days for the install..
Most if not all of the first batch went to Ekanoo Racing, the second batch is just starting now and I have a install schedule for next weekend!
Old 05-21-17, 01:06 PM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
Most if not all of the first batch went to Ekanoo Racing, the second batch is just starting now and I have a install schedule for next weekend!
Ebrahim Kanoo purchased most of the 1st batch of kits??
Interesting, I heard that he also had means of tuning the isf and rcf ecu.
Old 05-24-17, 12:22 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by SmurFPwr
Ebrahim Kanoo purchased most of the 1st batch of kits??
Interesting, I heard that he also had means of tuning the isf and rcf ecu.
Kanoo bought only 4 kits. One of the kits they will attempt to install on an LC500 with piggy back ECU, so we will see how that goes.

Rafi

Old 02-18-18, 12:12 AM
OneFastF
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Kanoo bought only 4 kits. One of the kits they will attempt to install on an LC500 with piggy back ECU, so we will see how that goes.

Rafi
So most likely we won't get a CARB sticker for this kit ? :/
Old 02-19-18, 12:39 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by OneFastF
So most likely we won't get a CARB sticker for this kit ? :/
not bloody likely

Rafi

Old 08-28-19, 02:04 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 342 Likes on 216 Posts

The people complaining about smog are weak sauce. I’ve been FBO for 3 years now and smogged my Lexus twice already no issues. I never removed any of my bolt on’s or tune either. FBO or SC won’t affect the actually computer scanning for codes it’s ONLY the visual you have to worry about that’s it! Just find someone who will turn a blind eye and won’t pop your hood. Plus all the Lexus ISF, GSF and RCF guys that went to Fontana Auto Club Speedway this weekend were pretty much all modified as well and not having any issues with smog. As far as cops popping your hood that’s funny. I’ve been pulled over at least 20 times since 2013 for speeding by sheriffs and CHP and not once did they care to look or ask. As a matter of fact I had one CHP officer really like my car.
Old 08-31-19, 07:32 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Actually the Basic kit is relatively easy to remove and reinstall due to lack of intercooler.

Rafi

Quick Reply: Who has ordered the RR Racing Supercharger Kit?