RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Sob Sob, someone hit me before I even have a real license plate!

Old 04-06-17, 08:21 PM
raerae1616
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Angry Sob Sob, someone hit me before I even have a real license plate!

I still have my temp tags (dealer issues . . . I have no idea what thier problem has been) . . . and before I even have my real license plate I got hit by a terrible driver! Seriously, this past weekend a lady decided to drive without a license, cross wide across a lane, turning to the direction I'm heading, and run right smack into me while I was casually driving down the left lane! I keep thinking that if my reflexes had been better, and I'd have been in Sport+ I could have slammed it and accellerated out of her way . . . but I froze in amazement as she just kept on coming and hit me. She didn't even tap her brakes until impact, it's like she had no idea how to drive a car . . .

Thankfully her insurance is so far quickly assessed her fault and is taking care of everything . . . and her insurance had to explain to her why it's her fault, it was funny to hear her insurance tell me the story of how that went.

Old 04-06-17, 08:35 PM
knshro13
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

And that is why we can't have nice things.

Sorry to hear OP. Hope it all works out in the end.
Old 04-06-17, 08:52 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Yikes. Be sure to go after diminished value
The following users liked this post:
LRCSALES (04-07-17)
Old 04-06-17, 09:51 PM
raerae1616
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Yikes. Be sure to go after diminished value
Yeah, it's pretty much the first thing I thought of after I got home . . . The Lexus certified repair shot I dropped it off at gave the card of a guy to contact for a Diminished Value (i.e. Loss of Value) appraisal. I plan to contact him soon!

But, any other tips on how to make sure I don't get steamrolled by the Insurance company would be most appreciated . . .
Old 04-06-17, 10:04 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

No License and she has Insurance

Lou
Old 04-06-17, 10:31 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident. Cars can be repaired or replaced, but our bodies not so much. Hopefully no one got hurt.

In addition to diminished value, I would insist on BRAND NEW OEM PARTS (NOT USED) AND ASK FOR IT IN WRITING. At the END, BEFORE you sign off on all that paperwork, you will be given a FULL list of parts and labor detailing what was done. It will be FULL OF ABBREVIATIONS, make sure you read line by line and understand EXACTLY WHAT PARTS WERE REPLACED AND HOW. I would sit down with the body shop person and go over line by line on each item on the list.

When my CT200h had some front end bodywork ​done by a large Lexus dealer with its own attached body shop, they "guaranteed their work lifetime as long as I owned the vehicle" and I insisted​ BRAND NEW OEM PARTS. My insurance company initially refused, but I got lucky, the body shop got it approved.

Good luck....

Originally Posted by raerae1616
I still have my temp tags (dealer issues . . . I have no idea what thier problem has been) . . . and before I even have my real license plate I got hit by a terrible driver! Seriously, this past weekend a lady decided to drive without a license, cross wide across a lane, turning to the direction I'm heading, and run right smack into me while I was casually driving down the left lane! I keep thinking that if my reflexes had been better, and I'd have been in Sport+ I could have slammed it and accellerated out of her way . . . but I froze in amazement as she just kept on coming and hit me. She didn't even tap her brakes until impact, it's like she had no idea how to drive a car . . .

Thankfully her insurance is so far quickly assessed her fault and is taking care of everything . . . and her insurance had to explain to her why it's her fault, it was funny to hear her insurance tell me the story of how that went.

Last edited by lexusrus; 04-06-17 at 10:34 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by lexusrus:
BossMoss (04-07-17), raerae1616 (04-08-17)
Old 04-06-17, 10:36 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Probably a teenager with no license driving mommy's or Daddy's car?

Originally Posted by flowrider
No License and she has Insurance

Lou
Old 04-07-17, 04:52 AM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Painful to the eyes. Otherwise, beautiful car. Congratulations!

My best friends SHO Ford Taurus has totaled and he left the dealer parking lot. The dealer gave him another one on the spot. Said they would work with his insurance to get a direct replacement

Originally Posted by raerae1616

Old 04-07-17, 08:31 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

UFB! At least it appears cosmetic which in my opinion is the lesser of the two evils.

Sorry OP.
Old 04-07-17, 09:34 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mr2dave
UFB! At least it appears cosmetic which in my opinion is the lesser of the two evils.

Sorry OP.
if it was my brand new car, I rather want frame damage and airbag deployment so they can total it for a new one
Old 04-07-17, 09:50 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
if it was my brand new car, I rather want frame damage and airbag deployment so they can total it for a new one
yeah i'd be getting rid of that vehicle myself. repaired or not it is always going to creak and groan.
Old 04-07-17, 09:56 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

^^^^Not if it's repaired properly. The damage looks to be cosmetic. But, yes, there is a cloud over it now. Maybe with time it will dissipate!

Lou
Old 04-07-17, 10:20 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

^^^^Not if it's repaired properly. The damage looks to be cosmetic. But, yes, there is a cloud over it now. Maybe with time it will dissipate!

Lou
the proper way to repair that is to remove the entire quarter panel, from the roofline, to the door, to the tail light and replace it.. Most shops will not do that, they will simply weld in replacement sheet metal and fill.
Old 04-07-17, 11:21 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Lou
there is no such thing as repair properly. There will always be misalignment and color mismatch or overspray. Used car appraisers can tell which car has been in an accident from a mile away
Old 04-07-17, 11:26 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

IMO Accidents and deminished value are perks of leasing vs buying. You simply just return it after the contract without worrying about resell after the accident.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sob Sob, someone hit me before I even have a real license plate!