RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Questions about 2015 RC F

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-17, 07:38 PM
Bilious72
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about 2015 RC F

I'm taking over the lease on a 2015 RC F, and had a few questions. It comes with the base audio. Will that sound ok? I'm coming from the HK on a 2014 BMW 335i.
How is the visibility?
How are the triple beam LED headlights at night? I really like the HID on the 335i.
I am pretty excited about getting this deal done. I've read a ton on these forums and other reviews, but couldn't find much about these issues.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-17, 08:23 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

OEM sound is pretty good on the base audio system. Visibity is great, very comparable to many other coupes on the market or what your used to on your bimmer. Triple beam headlights are the best in the business!!! Great visibility all around!!! Great car, Enjoy!!
The following users liked this post:
Bilious72 (04-03-17)
Old 04-03-17, 06:18 AM
2Insane
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

I absolutely love my RCF. The base audio is pretty good. Visibility is fantastic. As for the triple beam headlights it's just insane. It's way ahead of the industry in headlight development and blows away HID. I would highly recommended the RCF, it's a fun car to drive. However, I wouldn't recommend using it in the snow.
Bilious72 (04-03-17)
Old 04-03-17, 06:54 AM
siredward
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes concur with the above. I have a 2015 with base audio as well and I have no issues with how it sounds. Never heard an ML so I can't compare, but this sounds wonderful to me. The triple beam headlights are superb. Nice white low wide beam allows you to see clearly and when you hit the brights it floods the path ahead with bright white light. I have the car for a year now, and as my kids can tell you, it is my most prized possession.
Bilious72 (04-03-17)
Old 04-03-17, 11:18 AM
Bilious72
Driver School Candidate

Thank you all for the replies. I'm happy to hear that everyone loves their RC F, and I'm really looking forward to getting mine. Now if Lexus Financial could get things transferred in less than 60 days, that would be nice. Everything is done like pioneer days.

I will have to drive the car in the snow since I'm in Indiana and this is my daily driver. I do plan on getting a good set of winter tires for it. Any other suggestions for winter driving?
Old 04-03-17, 03:26 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

There's a TSB (Toyota service bulletin) for the rear quarter panel liner thingamajig...it's some liner I believe the dealer will fix for free. Supposedly it can allow moisture in....seeing as you'll drive in the snow I'd make sure you see to it that they fix it. They can run your VIN to see if yours needs it. Not a huge deal, but I'd get it taken care of. Enjoy your new ride!
Bilious72 (04-03-17)
Old 04-03-17, 03:41 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
There's a TSB (Toyota service bulletin) for the rear quarter panel liner thingamajig...it's some liner I believe the dealer will fix for free. Supposedly it can allow moisture in....seeing as you'll drive in the snow I'd make sure you see to it that they fix it. They can run your VIN to see if yours needs it. Not a huge deal, but I'd get it taken care of. Enjoy your new ride!
are they issuing the TSB be region or something? I check my and it didn't apply. 06/15 build
Old 04-03-17, 04:00 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Your going to love the RC-F...
Bilious72 (04-03-17)
Old 04-03-17, 04:04 PM
Bilious72
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Your going to love the RC-F...
I really think I will. I keep hearing that "it's not as fast as an M4" and "it's too heavy", etc. I drove the M4 and thought it had too much torque for the chassis. My current 335i with Xdrive weighs 3700 pounds and doesn't seem "too heavy" with 170 fewer horsepower. I wanted something that was different (you can't go 3 seconds without seeing a BMW or Mercedes where I live), had good power, had cool tech and enough luxury, and was a quiet cruiser if I needed it to be. I think the RC F fits that bill nicely.
Old 04-03-17, 11:14 PM
2Insane
Driver

Originally Posted by ssmoked
are they issuing the TSB be region or something? I check my and it didn't apply. 06/15 build
I just had mine done a couple days ago. Since it's a recall, there is no charge. Here is my receipt from Lexus Dealership from New York.
Bilious72 (04-04-17)
Old 04-03-17, 11:24 PM
2Insane
Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bilious72
I really think I will. I keep hearing that "it's not as fast as an M4" and "it's too heavy", etc. I drove the M4 and thought it had too much torque for the chassis. My current 335i with Xdrive weighs 3700 pounds and doesn't seem "too heavy" with 170 fewer horsepower. I wanted something that was different (you can't go 3 seconds without seeing a BMW or Mercedes where I live), had good power, had cool tech and enough luxury, and was a quiet cruiser if I needed it to be. I think the RC F fits that bill nicely.
I come from having one of the best light weight sports cars that is heavily modified. I have a 3rd Gen single turbo RX7. From years of experience of sports cars the RCF is a beauty. It is extremely rare, fun to drive, and it's one of those cars when you walk away you always look back, because it's unbelievable. The comments of its too heavy or M4 is a little faster will only be from reading it in mags or online. In the real world that doesn't happen. I get approached by people asking me questions about the RCF, because they admire it. I live in an area where high end sports cars and luxury cars is extremely common to see everyday. The RCF stands out from your typical car.
Bilious72 (04-04-17)
Old 04-04-17, 07:52 AM
kaimikazee
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Insane
I come from having one of the best light weight sports cars that is heavily modified. I have a 3rd Gen single turbo RX7. From years of experience of sports cars the RCF is a beauty. It is extremely rare, fun to drive, and it's one of those cars when you walk away you always look back, because it's unbelievable. The comments of its too heavy or M4 is a little faster will only be from reading it in mags or online. In the real world that doesn't happen. I get approached by people asking me questions about the RCF, because they admire it. I live in an area where high end sports cars and luxury cars is extremely common to see everyday. The RCF stands out from your typical car.
EXACTLY what you just described. "Too heavy? Not as fast as the m4"? I could care less about what the critics had to say. I turn back and look at it every time! 😊🤙
Bilious72 (04-04-17)
Old 04-04-17, 12:21 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by kaimikazee
EXACTLY what you just described. "Too heavy? Not as fast as the m4"? I could care less about what the critics had to say. I turn back and look at it every time! 😊🤙
If and the M4 is able to put its power down....haha. The RC-F is no slouch and just needs an exhaust and maybe a tune to bring out the beast in her.
Get the F and you will not regret it..
Bilious72 (04-04-17)
Old 04-04-17, 03:25 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

I just had mine done a couple days ago. Since it's a recall, there is no charge. Here is my receipt from Lexus Dealership from New York.
did you receive a mail notice? I haven't and went in the dealer and they said it didnt apply to my VIN
Old 04-05-17, 02:27 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Thanks for the information.

Do you have pics of what they did? The reason I ask is I looked at my wheel liner on the passenger side rear and saw the black plastic wheel liner connects to the rear bumper is missing one of the "tabs" that secures it in place. Looks like there is a small teat so even if I replaced the black plastic push tab, it will still not be secure. Thanks

Quick Reply: Questions about 2015 RC F