RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Is it me or do you guys do it too?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-17, 07:33 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Is it me or do you guys do it too?

I do not know about you guys/gals but when I get behind the wheel of my F. I drive like a straight d-bag and get really irritated with idiot drivers (i.e. going 55 in the fast lane, FML). Where as, when I drive my other cars, I am like "whatever"...

Trying to see if it is me or does it happen to you guys/gals too.
Old 01-07-17, 08:03 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

I'm the opposite. i drive so far away from people and I'm the one who is usually going slow/normal speeds. I'm just paranoid from other drivers. If i do get a bit of a long stretch of road, i see triple digits easily to put a smile on my face.
Old 01-07-17, 09:41 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I try to be courteous to other drivers. I don't tailgate or cut people off. Unless they make me upset. Then I will pass them as soon as there is any opening and my engine will be screaming as I pass them.

Other than common courtesy, I often drive it like I stole it. It's only a car. I have insurance for a reason. I was not found to be at fault for 80% of my claims anyway.
Old 01-07-17, 10:25 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

I feel like when people see me drive my F, it is like a calling card to cut me off, slam on their brakes, or tailgate me. The funny thing is, my wife tells me all the time that I drive like an old grandpa.
Old 01-08-17, 04:38 AM
Infrared
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As soon as my engine and transmission are at normal operating temp, I'm in sport plus and often manually shifting as well. But... I try not to drive aggressive. I don't follow close and I time all my passes to give everyone plenty of room. That said, some passes do see triple digits. I figure I'd be doing a disservice to the public to NOT let them hear my exhaust note.

So far I've made it a year in this RC-F without any speeding tickets. I think that is an accomplishment!

But I have the luxury of living right at the base of the Rocky Mountains - early weekend mornings are perfect to hit those twisty back roads without worrying about traffic or cops.

But to the OP: settle down bro! We don't want people looking at Lexus owners the way they look at Audi or BMW owners.
Old 01-08-17, 07:49 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

i get so many mustang drivers trying to race me its retarded.
Old 01-08-17, 11:06 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by pheen619
I do not know about you guys/gals but when I get behind the wheel of my F. I drive like a straight d-bag and get really irritated with idiot drivers (i.e. going 55 in the fast lane, FML). Where as, when I drive my other cars, I am like "whatever"...

Trying to see if it is me or does it happen to you guys/gals too.
55 on the fwy's fast track or furthest left lane? Yea, that's slow man. If non-fwy, the power is dragging you to the dark side...
Originally Posted by shadow1118
Be careful, they might lose traction and hit you...
Old 01-08-17, 06:35 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ba2sy
55 on the fwy's fast track or furthest left lane? Yea, that's slow man. If non-fwy, the power is dragging you to the dark side...

i legit stay away from mustangs , also had a dad in macan s try to race me, I SMOKED HIM!!!

this is my new favorite thread.
Old 01-09-17, 01:06 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

i legit stay away from mustangs , also had a dad in macan s try to race me, I SMOKED HIM!!!

this is my new favorite thread.
Favorite thread... hehe! The Macan S was intrigued by your car and didn't know what the RCF is probably... His is about 340 HP and weighs 4100 lbs so you better smoke him... lol!

As for me, there was a dodge, I don't think it's the hellcat but it was fun playing cops and robbers... He was ahead of me since he was on the road first... After a while he noticed me changing lanes so, he sped up... I went along... He was probably going 100+ mph... Then, a 55-60 mile curve comes along, he slows down to 70mph... Then, I just kept coming and went around at 90mph since I know I have TVD... My car just ate that curve flawlessly... :P
Old 01-09-17, 09:35 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

its dumb to race but honestly i don't have an ego which is why i bought the lexus, but its always bmw drivers with tiny dicks always trying to get me to race too, especially these fools in like 330i or 340i which i beat ,
Old 01-09-17, 09:43 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

I get the Honda's that mess with me, they try to cut me off all the time. Keyword "TRY!"
Old 01-10-17, 06:54 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by pheen619
I get the Honda's that mess with me, they try to cut me off all the time. Keyword "TRY!"
I get this all the time too from Mustangs. And the Hondas are usually lowered Civics with the tow hooks and fart cans on them, or a few times the newer Accord Sport models.. Also, IME for some reason most Altima drivers (not all) drive as though they're trying to qualify for NASCAR..
Old 01-10-17, 07:04 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JT4
I get this all the time too from Mustangs. And the Hondas are usually lowered Civics with the tow hooks and fart cans on them, or a few times the newer Accord Sport models.. Also, IME for some reason most Altima drivers (not all) drive as though they're trying to qualify for NASCAR..
i put every maxima driver who tries me in their place, the maxima/altima drivers are the new bmw *** holes, im guessing because they ****ed up their money and had to get an economy car nowadays lol
Old 01-10-17, 08:30 AM
rfugio68
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

If im tired I'll drive in normal mode. But the majority of the time I like redlining the first couple gears while hitting the rev limiter, sounds soooo good with the gt Haus. If the Mexican highway is empty I enjoy repeated 60-end of 3rd or 4th pulls.
I love mustangs and camaros, they're usually a really good run!
Originally Posted by ba2sy

Surprisingly the F likes going sideways more than my 700hp Shelby lol. Now that it's in the 60s I'll lose traction first and second with traction on, if it's off it goes sideways on 2 lanes on the 1-2 shift. The fact that the rcf goes sideways and loses traction so easily was the most surprising part of owning it, I've unwillingly drifted a few corners because of it 😅
Old 01-10-17, 08:39 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Depends on my mood usually. If i'm with a friend and they want to talk, then it's a slow and nice drive.
When i'm alone and there is a bridge/tunnel, it's WOT.

Quick Reply: Is it me or do you guys do it too?