Search this Thread

Old 02-06-18, 09:53 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Maybe that guy watched the first 2:30 of this video and formed his opinion:
https://youtu.be/iYsVeFko5Ds

With sooo many negative reviews floating around of the RCF, it's not hard for someone with little to no experience to think negatively about it. Only the few and true F owners actually know the difference ☺️

V.
Yes, you are right. I believed this review when it came out since I thought Clarkson did not have a reason to lie since he praised the LFA so highly. Though, him refusing to allow Stig to run a lap in it made me suspicious considering he never has done that for another car. Also, one year later he praised the GSF, which also sounded like a contradiction.

Once I test drove it for 45 minutes (I ended up buying it), I simply could not relate to any of it. I turned as hard as my skills and nerves allowed me to mitigate the minimal lift-off understeer with TVD in track mode. The more throttle I applied, the harder the nose was turning in until the back end slowly started to slide out.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 02-06-18 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-06-18, 11:36 AM
SkyPara82
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yes, you are right. I believed this review when it came out since I thought Clarkson did not have a reason to lie since he praised the LFA so highly. Though, him refusing to allow Stig to run a lap in it made me suspicious considering he never has done that for another car. Also, one year later he praised the GSF, which also sounded like a contradiction.

Once I test drove it for 45 minutes (I ended up buying it), I simply could not relate to any of it. I turned as hard as my skills and nerves allowed me to mitigate the minimal lift-off understeer with TVD in track mode. The more throttle I applied, the harder the nose was turning in until the back end slowly started to slide out.
Just when this thread looked like it was dying it found new energy. Entertaining - I'm gonna pop some popcorn and enjoy the sparring!
Old 02-13-18, 06:01 PM
sportpop
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Former RCF Owner

I am replying to some of comments made in my discussion of my 2015 RCF. Yes, I did originally have a 2008 ISF and the car felt light and was very enjoyable to drive. The RCF is a beautiful car, but the drive was just not my cup of tea. After I took a hit of $20,000 in less than two years with 4,800 miles on it, I decided to go with another car. I purchased a 2017 Infiniti Red Sport 400 and the car is really enjoyable to drive. It is a 4.4 second car, but feels faster and the steering is unbelievable. Also really enjoy the audio controls, which were awkward to use in the RCF. Also, I decided to get another ISF and I found a nice 2011, which really rides and handles better than my 2008.
Old 02-14-18, 06:22 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Awesome! I was going to link you to the other thread specifically to this topic but you already replied to it...

How much and how heavy are aftermarket seats? Like the CF and non-CF ones?

Most are around 25 to 30. So for about 80 total with brackets that's 60lbs off. Add the RR racing battery that's a 100. I have plans to lose another 100 or so this summer. With a few secrets.
Old 02-14-18, 09:23 AM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 312 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
Most are around 25 to 30. So for about 80 total with brackets that's 60lbs off. Add the RR racing battery that's a 100. I have plans to lose another 100 or so this summer. With a few secrets.
Do you have the RR racing battery installed?
Old 02-14-18, 09:55 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

no one better be fat in this thread complaining about the weight of the car. you might want to look into a person weight reduction
The following 2 users liked this post by ISFPOWER:
BossMoss (02-14-18), isfvss (02-14-18)
Old 02-14-18, 10:02 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by konichiwa3
Do you have the RR racing battery installed?

Not yet no. But will this spring when I get my seats
Old 02-14-18, 10:06 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
no one better be fat in this thread complaining about the weight of the car. you might want to look into a person weight reduction
AHAHHAHH, U DAMN RIGHT LOLZ , THE BEST MOD OF ALL GOOD HEALTH FOR LIFE
Old 02-14-18, 02:57 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 312 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
Not yet no. But will this spring when I get my seats
I was going to post my experience with the RR racing battery here but I decided to create a thread instead.
Old 02-21-18, 02:32 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
I will eat more and just remove more parts from the car to compensate. haha
The following users liked this post:
ISFPOWER (02-21-18)
Old 02-21-18, 02:35 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yooniverse
I will eat more and just remove more parts from the car to compensate. haha
yeah, James u r almost 300 lbs lolz go ahead and we welcome u to 400 lbs club lolz :P
Old 02-23-18, 09:21 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

idk I drove an RCF once and to me the weight was felt, my own opinion I felt the car should've had more power at that weight point. But I will say I liked the interior and liked how the looks rolling. But I can see why it didn't compete well vs other cars in its class. But it does have a rarity factor vs like a mass produced M car.

Basically the same thing the ISF went through in the days of "ISF vs E9x M3"
Old 02-23-18, 10:59 AM
98GS430
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

So with all due respect... you decided the Red Sport a car with fake digital steering and the same exact curb weight yet less power would feel more responsive than the RC F? To each their own, but I had a G37S prior to the RC F and test drove the Red Sport. It's perhaps the most boring and underwhelming car with 400hp I have ever driven. It's not even remotely in the same league as the RC F in terms of performance. Sounds like you are chasing comfort and not performance, if thats the case you made the right choice.

Also I am sorry to tell you the IS F weighs just 200 lbs less than the RC F. Hardly a meaningful difference considering both cars weigh roughly two tons. Especially considering the RC F has more than 50 more horsepower and a trick TVD. I also drove an IS F prior to the RC F and was underwhelmed. No LSD, small tires, no where near the tech. The IS F was nice at the time but is woefully outdated now.

Originally Posted by sportpop
I am replying to some of comments made in my discussion of my 2015 RCF. Yes, I did originally have a 2008 ISF and the car felt light and was very enjoyable to drive. The RCF is a beautiful car, but the drive was just not my cup of tea. After I took a hit of $20,000 in less than two years with 4,800 miles on it, I decided to go with another car. I purchased a 2017 Infiniti Red Sport 400 and the car is really enjoyable to drive. It is a 4.4 second car, but feels faster and the steering is unbelievable. Also really enjoy the audio controls, which were awkward to use in the RCF. Also, I decided to get another ISF and I found a nice 2011, which really rides and handles better than my 2008.
Old 02-23-18, 11:09 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 98GS430
So with all due respect... you decided the Red Sport a car with fake digital steering and the same exact curb weight yet less power would feel more responsive than the RC F? To each their own, but I had a G37S prior to the RC F and test drove the Red Sport. It's perhaps the most boring and underwhelming car with 400hp I have ever driven. It's not even remotely in the same league as the RC F in terms of performance. Sounds like you are chasing comfort and not performance, if thats the case you made the right choice.

Also I am sorry to tell you the IS F weighs just 200 lbs less than the RC F. Hardly a meaningful difference considering both cars weigh roughly two tons. Especially considering the RC F has more than 50 more horsepower and a trick TVD. I also drove an IS F prior to the RC F and was underwhelmed. No LSD, small tires, no where near the tech. The IS F was nice at the time but is woefully outdated now.
not when u have 2012 isf and full FBO tuned RCF with all FBO and tuned too , ask all the socal RCF which one is better and faster
Old 02-23-18, 11:32 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/2012/03/power-to-weight-ratio/

thought this was helpful to our conversation. I tried to copy paste but couldn't from my phone.

Quick Reply: Why is the RCF so heavy