RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Anyone who had no issue and just pleasure owning RCF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-16, 07:21 PM
yellow2112
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

5 months, 6000 miles. Zero issues
Old 09-09-16, 07:51 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
For a cheap fix, res-delete fixes that.

RC F Exhaust Rev - Stock vs Resonator Delete - YouTube
Great Point C, this is probably as far as i'll go with the sound on mine cause i really don't want it to sound like a hot rod. I know there's several exhausts out there that sound really good but the delete makes it sound good without it being too much like a street rod, i mean at the end of the day it IS still a Lexus & i don't want to lose that bit of it if that makes ANY SENSE!
Old 09-09-16, 08:13 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Great Point C, this is probably as far as i'll go with the sound on mine cause i really don't want it to sound like a hot rod. I know there's several exhausts out there that sound really good but the delete makes it sound good without it being too much like a street rod, i mean at the end of the day it IS still a Lexus & i don't want to lose that bit of it if that makes ANY SENSE!
the real question is if it will cause drone, rasping noise at any rpm or sound like a civic fart can. Last thing you want to do to a Lexus IS make it sound ghetto and cheap. Leave it to the civics
Old 09-09-16, 08:41 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
the real question is if it will cause drone, rasping noise at any rpm or sound like a civic fart can. Last thing you want to do to a Lexus IS make it sound ghetto and cheap. Leave it to the civics
Are you talking about the resonator delete? If so, you just heard the video (doesn't resemble a fart can to me) & IF you're talking about it going down the road or WOT, STILL NO! Wanna know HOW i know, cause i did this to mine several months back & LOVE IT! NO Drone, NO Rasping Noise at ANY RPM that i know of. RCF & Fart Can, REALLY
Old 09-09-16, 08:54 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Anyone out there knows how to replicate the exhaust note (firecracker sound) of the Jaguar F TYPE on the Lexus RC-F ? I like the firecracker sound of the F TYPE.

Or maybe I should just sell my RC-Fand get the F TYPE instesd? Not sure how reliable the Jag is? During a review by a journalist, the Jag overheated and steam came out of the hood vents!!! See below.

Check out the following on the Jag F TYPE SVR:

Originally Posted by ssmoked
Old 09-09-16, 09:08 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Are you talking about the resonator delete? If so, you just heard the video (doesn't resemble a fart can to me) & IF you're talking about it going down the road or WOT, STILL NO! Wanna know HOW i know, cause i did this to mine several months back & LOVE IT! NO Drone, NO Rasping Noise at ANY RPM that i know of. RCF & Fart Can, REALLY
relax sensitive Sally! Easy on the caps, no one is putting your 'mod' down. It's your car do what you want, I only had concerns since I did similar mod before on much lesser expensive rides
Old 09-09-16, 09:22 PM
NickZ
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Anyone out there knows how to replicate the exhaust note (firecracker sound) of the Jaguar F TYPE on the Lexus RC-F ? I like the firecracker sound of the F TYPE.
Jaguar F-Type SVR Review: The Best V8 Exhaust Noise Money Can Buy - YouTube
That's almost if not the same sound you get on the RCF with the Borla exhaust, I know some of the guys on the board are worried about it not sounding like a Lexus, but this is a high performance V8 at the end of the day and the Borla helps it open up. I had the same concerns but no drone, no raspy anything, just pure and raw sound. Average baselines put the exhaust at about 20-30 horse which puts us right at the 500 horse threshold.
Old 09-09-16, 09:45 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Robexus
Hello guys, I ordered my RCF one month ago and will be waiting 4 months to get it. I even did not research this forum, because I took it as obvious to have no issues with Lexus. I had IS250 for 7 years and no issues. However after reading about different issues owners had with 2015 RC-F, I am little in doubt.. I know first model year M4 had issues too, and C63 is burning oil too..
Is RC-F 2016 better / with no issues?
Are your RCFs still burning oil having more miles? (does it take more than 1 QT or 1 Liter per 5000 miles)?
Burning oil? Not seen or heard of that. 30,000 miles and not a single problem except the tail got stuck up which was an issue on the earlier 2015s and was easily remedied. I actually leave mine up anyway. The car is rock solid, gets quicker over time and is a joy to drive. Best bang for the buck, bar none, on the market today.
Old 09-09-16, 10:53 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I think my RC F sounds better than that Tata....

Last edited by BOBFSPORT; 09-10-16 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-10-16, 01:39 AM
skipetenj
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Lets not get off track with the exhaust.

1) oil consumption - only when pushing vehicle on track days - averaging 5500+ rpm. I would suggest an air oil separator if you do not want to suck the oil into your intake.
2) brakes - depending on performance you will get squeal. Even LS F Sport with Brembos had the problem. Lexus has resolved with new pads.
3) wing - issue resolved by Lexus early on.
4) fuel pump issue was a noise complaint not a performance complaint - the interesting part of the TSB is that the ECU upgrade seems to be providing better performance as reported by most.

Overall - no real issues and compared to other performance vehicles it is far superior.
Old 09-10-16, 08:48 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

No issues, car has run perfectly since day one. No wing, fuel pump, hesitation/lag issues. The Brembos do squeal on occasion, wheels get dirty very quickly. I was thinking about headers but the exhaust note rumble when coasting down from speed is music. There's plenty of sound in stock form for me.
Old 09-10-16, 01:09 PM
rage2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My only issue is the weather this year. Not enough driving time in the RCF.

Just passed the 1 year mark yesterday, 7300km and zero problems. Dealer service is awesome too, spa in the waiting area, pedicure and manicure while you wait for service. My GF has been taking advantage of that and bringing the car in for service for me haha.
Old 09-10-16, 05:25 PM
SmurFPwr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

cant say that I''ve had mine long but no regrets! I looked into the RCF, M4 and ATS-V coupe and love the lexus. by far the best interior finish out and exterior design, however i wish that it was faster.
Old 09-10-16, 07:13 PM
keithS
Rookie

One year now and no issues, other than the brake dust which is terrible, but my brakes don't squeal at all and it stops better than any other car I've ever had, so I'm keeping them stock. So far, the car has been rock solid for me, as has all my previous Lexus vehicles.
Old 09-27-16, 09:02 PM
gipsonke
Rookie

Default 25K+ on my 2015 RCF

Originally Posted by keithS
One year now and no issues, other than the brake dust which is terrible, but my brakes don't squeal at all and it stops better than any other car I've ever had, so I'm keeping them stock. So far, the car has been rock solid for me, as has all my previous Lexus vehicles.
ZERO issues.

Well I did have one of my tire psi monitoring sensors break off inside the tire. But that was after a VERY tough weekend tracking it (swapping tires, etc) at Willow Springs race track, soooo I really don't count that.

Love my RCF. The best car I ever owned.

Quick Reply: Anyone who had no issue and just pleasure owning RCF?