RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Armytrix valvetronic exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-16, 11:31 AM
ghoffner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Armytrix valvetronic exhaust

Been waiting a while for Armytrix to drop their RCF exhaust. Love the sound and the ability of opening and closing valves.

Thoughts?
Old 08-11-16, 12:18 PM
Darkside81
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds really, really good. I actually think it sounds better (a little deeper) with the valves closed.
Old 08-11-16, 01:07 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I have been waiting for this as well! Has the pricing been released? Armytrix is usually excessively loud. I heard of a M4 with armytrix exhaust and it was too LOUD for my taste.
I'd be interested to hear one in person though!
Old 08-11-16, 01:28 PM
ghoffner
Driver

I'm waiting on the USA rep to get back to me with a quote. He said he is waiting on MSRP.
If I had to guess, I would imagine price will rival Meisterschaft....

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
I have been waiting for this as well! Has the pricing been released? Armytrix is usually excessively loud. I heard of a M4 with armytrix exhaust and it was too LOUD for my taste.
I'd be interested to hear one in person though!
Old 08-11-16, 02:37 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoffner
I'm waiting on the USA rep to get back to me with a quote. He said he is waiting on MSRP.
If I had to guess, I would imagine price will rival Meisterschaft....
I'd assume so as well. Those valve exhaust aren't cheap. If you get it, I'd be interested in hearing it in person!
I'm swaying more toward Borla right now.
Old 08-11-16, 07:54 PM
ghoffner
Driver

A guy with Armytrix said they wont be available for another 2 months...
Originally Posted by IMCHIA
I'd assume so as well. Those valve exhaust aren't cheap. If you get it, I'd be interested in hearing it in person!
I'm swaying more toward Borla right now.
Old 08-11-16, 07:59 PM
jbwilmoth
Driver School Candidate

I just slapped on the Tanabe Medallion and have been really impressed with it. The Armytrix is no joke though...VERY LOUD on any car.
Old 08-12-16, 10:28 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

I'lll have my hands on this exhaust as soon as it comes out. My buddies import Armytrix into the US and nothing official on it yet..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-13-16, 11:46 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

The 2nd best sounding exhaust for the RCF only behind the Novel exhaust. Incredible sound. Burly at the low revs, but gets high pitched over 7000+ rpm. Hopefully, it does not cost a fortune like the Novel does.
Old 08-15-16, 10:57 AM
Sparker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry guys, i'm going to have to go ahead and say that this is not worth the money. You can accomplish the same task (and better sounding IMHO) with the Borla (burly/muscley down low, high pitched and pops up top) and save your self the money. If you really want a valve, you can have any exhaust place modify/retrofit and install it with some welding/cutting for a few hundred bucks max. I can't justify spending 5-6k+ for something that sounds the same as the Borla just because of the name.

Also, think about the resale! There's not many of us out there as it is and if you're going to sell this later, the used market is going to demand some deeppp discounts. With the other alternative options that are available, there will be very few willing to shell out that kind of money.
Old 08-15-16, 11:54 AM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparker
Sorry guys, i'm going to have to go ahead and say that this is not worth the money. You can accomplish the same task (and better sounding IMHO) with the Borla (burly/muscley down low, high pitched and pops up top) and save your self the money. If you really want a valve, you can have any exhaust place modify/retrofit and install it with some welding/cutting for a few hundred bucks max. I can't justify spending 5-6k+ for something that sounds the same as the Borla just because of the name.

Also, think about the resale! There's not many of us out there as it is and if you're going to sell this later, the used market is going to demand some deeppp discounts. With the other alternative options that are available, there will be very few willing to shell out that kind of money.
I beg to differ, I have an IP-E Exhaust system on my GT-R (very similar to Armytrix) and it is certainly worth every penny. Both IP-E & Armytrix are extremely popular in the GT-R scene for their sound & functionality. Unlike most exhaust cut outs, Armytrix's utilize a vacuum line for source and controls the cut out via the OBD2 Port (a module is installed all plug & play).

I personally love my valve'd exhaust because when I leave early in the morning or when I go home late at night, I can shut off the exhaust valve and have it sound very close to OEM, thus not pissing off anyone in my neighborhood; It also does wonders when cops sneak up behind you haha. When the valve is open, the note emitted is nothing short of godly on the GT-R (cant speak on RCF as I havent heard the exhaust in person).

From reading Armytrix website it looks like they are going to offer two versions, one in Stainless Steel, and the other in Titanium. My guesstimate on price point would be (of course after haggling all the vendors for "best price shipped"):

SS Exhaust @ $2800-$3200 (full system - minus headers if even offered)
Ti Exhaust @ $5800-$6200 (full system - minus headers if even offered)

On my GT-R I opt'd for the SS exhaust with burnt titanium tips as IP-E did not offer a Ti model at the time of purchase. From my research the main cons from going with the SS exhaust route is that it is slightly heavier and the note is a little higher pitched (Ti is supposedly deeper). So unless you are a diehard drag racer and care about every ounce of weight savings, the the SS option should be sufficient.

PS: I promise my lurking in this subforum is in good intention. Been doing alot of research on this car since I heard about the used pricing points - possible new daily project once the IS sells
Old 08-15-16, 12:33 PM
Sparker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry, but your comparison for the GTR in this scenario is irrelevant. When you have a turbocharged car, the exhaust is going to play a bigger part in "HP" gains so yes, it's cool to justify that kind of dough for your GTR, which already is more performance oriented car and costs significantly more and doesn't compete in the same segment. And good choice going SS, Ti is cool if you only care about weight savings, but TI is not very good and heat transferring and you'll get cracks int he exhaust.

Anyways, I expect pricing to come in closer to Meisterschaft or more, which theirs is about 6k for a full SS catback. Even then, ArmyTrix is only claiming 21hp and 17 lb tq gains...and this is for a HEADER BACK.

Other exhausts for the RCF are less than 3k for the catback and post better gains alone, throw in PPE headers and you can have a full setup with over 50hp gains for less than the meisterschaft/assumed Armytrix cost. If you've seen the stock RCF exhaust, the pipes are pretty flattened where the exhaust squeezes through the brace and constricts the cars breathing. Pretty much ANY exhaust on the RCF that increases diameter of the piping and maintains the round shape throughout will result in decent power gains. Now, why would I spend 6k+ on the armytrix for a headerback posting less gains just because it has a vacuum forced valve and cool app?

I'm looking at this as cost-effective scenario. If you want to go all out and say you have the baddest most expensive RCF and make it a showcar or "sponsor car", sure by all means. But for the average RCF consumer, there's better, cheaper alternatives. Also, they didn't even paint the back face of the muffler black..

Old 08-15-16, 03:34 PM
Danblanco
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure this is a great exhaust, I mean with the valves and phone apps usually is my type of gadgets all day every day. I am also sure that the video doesn't do it any justice especially the video in the garage. But in my HUMBLE opinion the BORLA sounds much better. Again I am talking about the sound, I can't comment on performance reliability or any of that other jazz. I have heard the bola on other cars (mustangs, camera's, and etc) and I wasn't blown away by the way borla sounded on those cars. On the RCF let me tell you, that Borla is nothing short of awesome!!!!!!!!!!! If you are just cruising it is rather tame but when you get on it WOW thats all I can say. If you are shopping exhaust I would definitely give the borla a look.
Old 08-15-16, 04:52 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Well..The Borla exhausts are pretty much back in stock.. Anyone want them? lol.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-15-16, 06:17 PM
BOBFSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Armytrix sounds weak and the design with the valvetronic motors showing is terrible. Armytrix is excellent at marketing and gadgetry but their exhausts always fall short imo, especially at the high end price point. My friend has one on his GTR and it sounds tinny, I know its not a V8, but both he and I think they use cheap stainless steel to cut costs. Novel and GTHaus are still the best exhausts for the RCF. If I didn't want to spend over 4 grand on exhaust id opt for the Borla. Ive heard it in person and its a classic deep V8 sound but it is less aggressive than GTHaus and lacks a valve control option.

Quick Reply: Armytrix valvetronic exhaust