RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Only 1000 and 5000 miles service for free?

Old 06-30-16, 10:29 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Only 1000 and 5000 miles service for free?

Just scheduled my app with dealer for 5k service. They told me only those two are complimentary. Thought I read somewhere here more services are included by Lexus.
Can anyone confirm? Thanks
Old 06-30-16, 10:51 AM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I was told the first 2 service (5000 & 10000) are free. Why does your car need to be serviced only after 1000 miles?
But yes, only first 2 are free -_-

Last edited by Ahhadanny; 06-30-16 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-30-16, 01:19 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahhadanny
I was told the first 2 service (5000 & 10000) are free. Why does your car need to be serviced only after 1000 miles?
But yes, only first 2 are free -_-
The RC 350 is at 5k and 10k

The RC F is at 1k and 5k

Last edited by Davew77; 06-30-16 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-30-16, 01:59 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Davew77
The RC 350 is at 5k and 10k

The RC F is at 1k and 5k

Different engines.
Probably break in oil. Almost every car I have purchased since I cannot recall when has required a 1,000 mile service mainly to change oil from break in oil.
Old 06-30-16, 02:36 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

They didn't touch oil at 1000 miles, only personal preference changes like key fob window roll down. Think there was a list I checked and signed off.

Side note, when I took it in at 1k, I caught a ****er joy riding and speeding in the parking lot with my Rcf. Doing around 50. I called him out on the spot when he returned and the manager/PR lady ended up offering me restraunt certificate.
Old 06-30-16, 02:55 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If your car is relatively new with less than 5k miles I would say it isnt too late to request a couple complimentary oil changes from the dealer. I got 6 free oil changes with my F. I won't have to pay for oil until 45k miles, never hurts to ask.
Old 06-30-16, 03:10 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ssmoked
They didn't touch oil at 1000 miles, only personal preference changes like key fob window roll down. Think there was a list I checked and signed off.
You're right, my bad. There is a 1k service on the RC F but they don't change the oil.

"
Factory Recommended
**This complimentary service is performed at 30 days or 1,000 miles, whichever occurs first
Road test vehicle
Check for fluid leaks
Check installation of driver's floor mat
Inspect body/chassis
Inspect wiper blades
Program Lexus Personalized Settings, if requested"
Old 06-30-16, 03:14 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Raykwon02
If your car is relatively new with less than 5k miles I would say it isnt too late to request a couple complimentary oil changes from the dealer. I got 6 free oil changes with my F. I won't have to pay for oil until 45k miles, never hurts to ask.
How though, after the sales deal is all said and done
Old 06-30-16, 03:27 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

RCF is 1K, 5K, and 10K I have had all 3 done without cost. any yes my oil was changed @ 1,000 miles. I realize it is not specified on the documentation, but Santa Monica Lexus did it anyway.

it is clearly stated on the Lexus website and in your vehicle documentation. You are also entitled to wheel alignment and balancing at no cost within the first 12 months or 20,000 miles:

http://www.lexus.com/maintenance
MAINTENANCE COMES WITH OUR EXPERTISE. AND OUR COMPLIMENTS.Bringing your vehicle in for service shouldn’t take everything out of you. Every new Lexus comes with complimentary first and second scheduled maintenance services. These services are provided at 6 months/5,000 miles and 12 months/10,000 miles.7* Regular service on your vehicle will help you get the best level of performance, safety, reliability and even resale value down the road. When the complimentary service runs out, continuing Lexus service intervals at a Lexus dealership ensures the highest-quality parts and repairs along with competitive prices. And since it’s all done under one roof, we can save you time, too.

wheel alignment:
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...ce/warranty.do

Basic WarrantyThe Basic Warranty coverage is for 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Wheel alignment and balancing are covered for 12 months or 20,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
Old 06-30-16, 03:32 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mjeds
RCF is 1K, 5K, and 10K I have had all 3 done without cost.

it is clearly stated on the Lexus website and in your vehicle documentation. You are also entitled to wheel alignment and balancing at no cost within the first 12 months or 20,000 miles:

http://www.lexus.com/maintenance
MAINTENANCE COMES WITH OUR EXPERTISE. AND OUR COMPLIMENTS.Bringing your vehicle in for service shouldn’t take everything out of you. Every new Lexus comes with complimentary first and second scheduled maintenance services. These services are provided at 6 months/5,000 miles and 12 months/10,000 miles.7* Regular service on your vehicle will help you get the best level of performance, safety, reliability and even resale value down the road. When the complimentary service runs out, continuing Lexus service intervals at a Lexus dealership ensures the highest-quality parts and repairs along with competitive prices. And since it’s all done under one roof, we can save you time, too.

wheel alignment:
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...ce/warranty.do

Basic WarrantyThe Basic Warranty coverage is for 48 months or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Wheel alignment and balancing are covered for 12 months or 20,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
That's only for the RC 350. What I posted above was taken directly from the maintenance schedule for my RC F from the Lexus website (you have to log in).

Only the first two scheduled maintenance services are free as stated in your post, and there is a 1k service for the RC F which is not stated in your post. If you got a 3rd service then you got lucky because the dealership made an error, or you paid for an extended maintenance package.
Attached Thumbnails Only 1000 and 5000 miles service for free?-maintenance-schedule.png  

Last edited by Davew77; 06-30-16 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-30-16, 03:40 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Nah, you guys paying 62k only get the free 1k and 5k services. All mine services are free for life and they changed my oil at 1k.
Old 06-30-16, 03:57 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

That's only for the RC 350. What I posted above was taken directly from the maintenance schedule for my RC F from the Lexus website (you have to log in).

Only the first two scheduled maintenance services are free as stated in your post, and there is a 1k service for the RC F which is not stated in your post. If you got a 3rd service then you got lucky because the dealership made an error, or you paid for an extended maintenance package.

yes the 1K is stated in my post.

If you read the quote from the Lexus Website it states "EVERY NEW LEXUS"

not going to argue the point, I didn't have to point out anything to the dealership I scheduled the appoint and the work was done. The same has been true with 3 other RC-F owners I know and we all use different dealerships.
Old 06-30-16, 04:11 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mjeds
yes the 1K is stated in my post.

If you read the quote from the Lexus Website it states "EVERY NEW LEXUS"

not going to argue the point, I didn't have to point out anything to the dealership I scheduled the appoint and the work was done. The same has been true with 3 other RC-F owners I know and we all use different dealerships.
No, it does not say 1K service in the Lexus info you quoted. "You" said the 1k service was included, the Lexus quote did not.

I'm not trying to argue either, but I don't want people thinking they are goign to get a free 10k service on their RC F if they aren't.

So 3 people you know got it free? Gratz to them. I didn't, the dealer denied it and none of my vehicle documentation states that I get it for free. It all states only 1k and 5k is free. Even the Maintenance Manual that comes with the car only says 1k and 5k.

I realize that the Lexus website says all new Lexus vehicles, but they aren't exactly known for "perfection" anymore now are they? I can't even get a ventilated seat that doesn't get hotter than not using it at all and those have been out for over a decade...
Old 06-30-16, 05:30 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

No, it does not say 1K service in the Lexus info you quoted. "You" said the 1k service was included, the Lexus quote did not.
I'm not trying to argue either, but I don't want people thinking they are goign to get a free 10k service on their RC F if they aren't.
So 3 people you know got it free? Gratz to them. I didn't, the dealer denied it and none of my vehicle documentation states that I get it for free. It all states only 1k and 5k is free. Even the Maintenance Manual that comes with the car only says 1k and 5k.
I realize that the Lexus website says all new Lexus vehicles, but they aren't exactly known for "perfection" anymore now are they? I can't even get a ventilated seat that doesn't get hotter than not using it at all and those have been out for over a decade...
sounds like you need to find a new dealer.

as for the seat, mine doesn't get hot, but I can't really tell if it actually does anything except make noise. the ventilated seats I've had in other vehicles you could feel the air flow, the RC-F not so much, and the heated seats are worthless.
Old 07-01-16, 04:42 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Lol, purchase a sports car with incredibly comfortable, well bolstered seats and complain about ventilation being strong enough!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Only 1000 and 5000 miles service for free?