RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Borla Exhaust System Installed - pic heavy

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-16, 11:54 AM
Danblanco
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nigelm5
I installed the Borla last week. Thanks to Meraki for great, prompt and responsive service. The car sounds amazing with the exhaust on. Absolutely no drone. Highway cruising is like stock but when you hit the throttle it sounds like a racecar. Amazing. Nontheless, it was a bit much for me so I'm going to sell it. Still have the box and it was only on for 2 days. That being said, I'll let it go for 1000 shipped anywhere in US. Please PM me. No issues.
WOW, it's to much for you. Well if anyone was on the fence this is an OUTSTANDING deal.
Old 09-04-16, 04:37 AM
Nigelm5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some pics. It was only on 2 days and is in good shape. Got a lot of messages about the sound. It sounds great. big V8. No rice. for me it was just too loud under hard acceleration. I'm a surgeon and offen come and go at weird hours. Don't want to wake the kids.
Attached Thumbnails Borla Exhaust System Installed - pic heavy-image.jpg  

Last edited by Nigelm5; 09-04-16 at 05:34 AM. Reason: made it better
Old 09-04-16, 04:44 AM
Nigelm5
Driver School Candidate

Another picture attached
Attached Thumbnails Borla Exhaust System Installed - pic heavy-image.jpg  
Old 09-04-16, 06:46 AM
Nigelm5
Driver School Candidate

Just a little history for those who have asked. I have had my liquid silver RCF for about 2 weeks after trading in a 2016 X6M (which was very fast..but very uninvolving to drive). The RCF is great but I felt I wanted to hear the V8 some more. I looked at the quicksilver axleback but decided that at more than $2000, and after reading all the positive reviews on the Borla decided it was the way to go.

Meraki was great, Had the exhaust at my house in 2 days. He kept me updated via text and at y door for less than $1600.

The Borla is very well finished and fit great. The round tips look much better than stock in my opinion. I had it installed by PBC automotive in Chantilly, VA. They mainly work on race Miatas but have done some Lexus work. They are not the cheapest but are very meticulous. It really is a simple bolt on but you would benefit from a lift. With a lift, anyone could put this on.

The Borla sounds very exotic. Nice rumble at startup, very quiet on the highway (with absolutely NO DRONE AT ALL) but absolutely screams above 4000 RPM. Has great popping when you downshift (that was the best part....cranking it up and downshifting -- sounds like Australian Touring car) I had a stock GT500 and would say that the borla on the RCF is comparable to that. Maybe about the same or a bit quieter than a Hellcat and definitely quieter than a Z06 with headers.

As I mentioned previously, I'm a surgeon and come and go at all times so I decided that out of deference to my wife and kids and neighbors, I swapped back to stock. They are appreciative. Its not good if your wife and kids don't get enough sleep. My loss is your gain. There are no issues with the setup and I have the box, clamps and warranty card.
Old 09-08-16, 07:54 PM
yellow2112
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nigelm5
Just a little history for those who have asked. I have had my liquid silver RCF for about 2 weeks after trading in a 2016 X6M (which was very fast..but very uninvolving to drive). The RCF is great but I felt I wanted to hear the V8 some more. I looked at the quicksilver axleback but decided that at more than $2000, and after reading all the positive reviews on the Borla decided it was the way to go.

Meraki was great, Had the exhaust at my house in 2 days. He kept me updated via text and at y door for less than $1600.

The Borla is very well finished and fit great. The round tips look much better than stock in my opinion. I had it installed by PBC automotive in Chantilly, VA. They mainly work on race Miatas but have done some Lexus work. They are not the cheapest but are very meticulous. It really is a simple bolt on but you would benefit from a lift. With a lift, anyone could put this on.

The Borla sounds very exotic. Nice rumble at startup, very quiet on the highway (with absolutely NO DRONE AT ALL) but absolutely screams above 4000 RPM. Has great popping when you downshift (that was the best part....cranking it up and downshifting -- sounds like Australian Touring car) I had a stock GT500 and would say that the borla on the RCF is comparable to that. Maybe about the same or a bit quieter than a Hellcat and definitely quieter than a Z06 with headers.

As I mentioned previously, I'm a surgeon and come and go at all times so I decided that out of deference to my wife and kids and neighbors, I swapped back to stock. They are appreciative. Its not good if your wife and kids don't get enough sleep. My loss is your gain. There are no issues with the setup and I have the box, clamps and warranty card.
I'm tempted but with 4 posts on the forum...I'd be crazy to paypal a grand to you....
Old 09-08-16, 09:56 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow2112
I'm tempted but with 4 posts on the forum...I'd be crazy to paypal a grand to you....
One of my customers already purchased it I believe.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 09-08-16, 10:26 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

It's $250 per post.
Old 09-09-16, 12:32 AM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Use a credit card. If they don't deliver, or they don't deliver everything as promised, chargeback. You don't have to deal with the Paypal despute resolution bologna at all. If they did ship the stuff but it was not as promised, send it back and still do the chargeback. You will probably eat the shipping cost. But it's not much in the grand scheme of things.

Ironically, I had to do a chargeback years ago for an exhaust on one of my rides. They didn't ship it within 5 days as they promised and wouldn't respond to my emails/calls. On day 5 I did a chargeback... then they contacted me on day 6 because the money was taken from their Paypal account, but it was too late. I got my money back and they had never even shipped my exhuast. It's not my problem... The Paypal account I used my credit card through is still open and in good standing. I never heard a thing from Paypal about the chargeback. I would never send money from my Paypal account for something like this. It takes forever to get anything resolved if you let them handle it.
Old 09-09-16, 03:57 AM
Nigelm5
Driver School Candidate

It sold. Only 4 posts because I've only had an rcf for 2 weeks. Previously been posting on f-chat and m5board under same name.
Old 09-09-16, 04:53 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I know this handle from Alexandrea Virginia from years ago (maybe mid-2000s) and if it who I think it is he is a Ferrari guy and may have owned a GT3 RS along the way. Lol, at this: " I'd be crazy to paypal a grand to you." High roller popped into my mind . . .
Old 09-09-16, 07:37 AM
RYLITT
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

A little research goes a long way, and paypal definitely helps. @NigelM5 shipped it out the second I paid him, sent me a picture of it at FedEx with tracking information, received it yesterday and going on today. Meraki Autoworks receipt still on the box. FedEx managed to pop one of the pipes out of the box in shipping but should be an easy fix - not Nigel's fault. Once it's on today I'll definitely post pictures & video! Thanks Nigel!
Old 09-09-16, 01:43 PM
NickZ
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First of all, big thanks to Josh at Meraki and Danblanco for answering my PM's. The exhaust has been on the car for a week, and it is a totally different animal. I can honestly see where Nigelm5 is coming from, the cold start on this thing is insane! I'm sure my neighbors wouldn't be too happy with me if I were doing that at 3 or 4 am.

It turns heads like you wouldn't believe, it's raw and loud when you get on it, it's a bit more mellow with mid throttle but you can absolutely hear it. There's no comparison to stock, it's not even close! I smoked a 550 xDrive from the light today, not saying it all had to do with the exhaust but I thought it was going to be a lot closer, said the car sounds like no other Lexus he had ever seen...
Old 09-09-16, 05:36 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by NickZ
First of all, big thanks to Josh at Meraki and Danblanco for answering my PM's. The exhaust has been on the car for a week, and it is a totally different animal. I can honestly see where Nigelm5 is coming from, the cold start on this thing is insane! I'm sure my neighbors wouldn't be too happy with me if I were doing that at 3 or 4 am.

It turns heads like you wouldn't believe, it's raw and loud when you get on it, it's a bit more mellow with mid throttle but you can absolutely hear it. There's no comparison to stock, it's not even close! I smoked a 550 xDrive from the light today, not saying it all had to do with the exhaust but I thought it was going to be a lot closer, said the car sounds like no other Lexus he had ever seen...
!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 09-12-16, 07:50 AM
Sparker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Will definitely feel some power gains.
Old 09-13-16, 07:03 PM
Danblanco
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NickZ

No problem at all brother.

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust System Installed - pic heavy