RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Borla Exhaust System Installed - pic heavy

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-16, 09:46 AM
Sparker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Danblanco
LOL, told ya! I am surprised this is not the most popular exhaust. Manual mode + Borla= something exotic just pulled up! I went to corvette car show over weekend, as I pulled in the lot manual mode downshift from 3rd to 1st gear made everybody say WOW what is that sounds like a race car LOL
It really is amazing, sounds like a proper racecar! Immediately gets noticed and turns heads. I encourage anyone to check out Borla if they are looking for an exhaust, no long will you be un-intimidating!

i'll post some more videos and pics but there's some on my instagram if anyone wants to checkout @soneshsofresh (don't ask my friends chose this) and the car group i'm in @carcommunity
Old 07-18-16, 09:17 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Cruising with this bunch and everyone said " man your car sounds amazing ". The m4 complained " I don't hear my exhaust the same way you do in the RCF ". The GTR " damn it's just loud and raw ". The scubbie " when you shift it sounds incredible". It brings a smile to my face that the community sees what I did in this system. It wasn't cost that drove me to Borla. Really it was the sound!!!

Today I bounced off the rev in a 2-3 shift. Holly hell it was amazing!!! I'll be placing an order for headers this week. Per ppe 4-6 weeks lag time. This car will really sound amazing when opened up with headers. I really can't wait.

- JB

Old 07-18-16, 09:53 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by JB5674
Cruising with this bunch and everyone said " man your car sounds amazing ". The m4 complained " I don't hear my exhaust the same way you do in the RCF ". The GTR " damn it's just loud and raw ". The scubbie " when you shift it sounds incredible". It brings a smile to my face that the community sees what I did in this system. It wasn't cost that drove me to Borla. Really it was the sound!!!

Today I bounced off the rev in a 2-3 shift. Holly hell it was amazing!!! I'll be placing an order for headers this week. Per ppe 4-6 weeks lag time. This car will really sound amazing when opened up with headers. I really can't wait.

- JB

Where was this? I recognize one of the cars
Old 07-19-16, 09:02 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

This was in Maryland
Old 07-19-16, 09:08 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Josh, can I get a pricing on the exhaust system?
These reviews are amazing.
Old 07-20-16, 10:49 PM
Danblanco
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Josh, can I get a pricing on the exhaust system?
These reviews are amazing.
You will not be disappointed!
Old 07-21-16, 11:51 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Danblanco
You will not be disappointed!
Only positive feedback!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-22-16, 07:49 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Any dyno results from the gain of adding the Borla exhaust? We've seen dyno numbers for majority of other manufacturers.
Old 08-10-16, 08:14 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Anyone with a Borla exhaust in Houston? I'd like to hear one in person.
Also would like to see some dyno results if anyone has any.
Old 08-16-16, 09:00 AM
Sparker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My favorite part about this exhaust (and all my friends would agree) is the popping you get when shifting at redline, especially during a tunnel run! Can't wait to see how your headers turn out, I was thinking of doing them next but not entirely sure yet with winter around the corner.
Old 08-27-16, 05:03 PM
NickZ
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to assume the gains are similar to other systems and we should see something in the range of 20-30 horse. I know some of that comes from the removal of the secondary cats and the freed up flow around the rear suspension where the pipes are kind of smashed down. Anyone know why the heck Lexus did this and allowed it into production? Just seems totally odd...

Awesome sounding exhaust by the way, my favorite for sure!
Old 08-27-16, 06:15 PM
Danblanco
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NickZ
I have to assume the gains are similar to other systems and we should see something in the range of 20-30 horse. I know some of that comes from the removal of the secondary cats and the freed up flow around the rear suspension where the pipes are kind of smashed down. Anyone know why the heck Lexus did this and allowed it into production? Just seems totally odd...

Awesome sounding exhaust by the way, my favorite for sure!
yeah, the way the factory pipes are smashed I thought they were damaged at first lol. I would think they made the exhaust like that so it would sound more like a Lexus and not like a race car. The Borla gets a little more awesome after a few hundred miles when it breaks in, I love it!
Old 08-29-16, 08:57 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx4v...ature=youtu.be

Here's a video that the OP sent me today!

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 09-03-16, 11:28 AM
Nigelm5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the Borla last week. Thanks to Meraki for great, prompt and responsive service. The car sounds amazing with the exhaust on. Absolutely no drone. Highway cruising is like stock but when you hit the throttle it sounds like a racecar. Amazing. Nontheless, it was a bit much for me so I'm going to sell it. Still have the box and it was only on for 2 days. That being said, I'll let it go for 1000 shipped anywhere in US. Please PM me. No issues.
Old 09-03-16, 11:37 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Nigelm5
I installed the Borla last week. Thanks to Meraki for great, prompt and responsive service. The car sounds amazing with the exhaust on. Absolutely no drone. Highway cruising is like stock but when you hit the throttle it sounds like a racecar. Amazing. Nontheless, it was a bit much for me so I'm going to sell it. Still have the box and it was only on for 2 days. That being said, I'll let it go for 1000 shipped anywhere in US. Please PM me. No issues.
Great to hear you loved it, but sad to hear you're letting go of it.

This is a STEAL for anyone that even thought about buying the Borla exhaust. Customer literally installed the exhaust on Friday evening.

-Josh

Orange County, CA

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust System Installed - pic heavy