RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

SCCA Wet Track Night at Pitt Race 4/28 Video

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-16, 10:06 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts
Default SCCA Wet Track Night at Pitt Race 4/28 Video

I've done everything from racing in mexico, 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, street chasing, etc, it does not compare to driving on the track. Fuels the mind, body, and soul! Enjoy guys!

Old 04-29-16, 06:35 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Awesome video! I am out at Road America on June 1st for my first track day in the RC F. I can't wait to compare it to how the ISF was out there.

Is the Harry's Lap timer all being run and recorded through an iphone? Not sure what I want to use to capture video at this point.
Old 04-29-16, 06:44 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
Awesome video! I am out at Road America on June 1st for my first track day in the RC F. I can't wait to compare it to how the ISF was out there.

Is the Harry's Lap timer all being run and recorded through an iphone? Not sure what I want to use to capture video at this point.
Thanks! The Harry's Lap Timer was running on the iPhone but it was recording with my GoPro remotely, too much work though. Next time, I'll just mount the iPhone and record the video on there, much easier!

The track was wet out there, hit the paint a few times and scared the **** out me, so I took it pretty easy, relaxed, and enjoyed it!
Old 04-29-16, 04:20 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Thanks once again for another Video Buddy, can't say you're NOT getting the MOST out of your RCF Not sure i would want to be the next one to buy it after you get thru with her though
Old 04-29-16, 05:01 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Thanks once again for another Video Buddy, can't say you're NOT getting the MOST out of your RCF Not sure i would want to be the next one to buy it after you get thru with her though
Lol, I keep my cars until the maintenance/repair cost more than the car itself! A performance car is meant to be driven, enjoy it for what it's worth, live life and be happy! Hopefully the legendary Lexus reliability won't let me down!
Old 04-29-16, 11:57 PM
ALtin107
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
I've done everything from racing in mexico, 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, street chasing, etc, it does not compare to driving on the track. Fuels the mind, body, and soul! Enjoy guys!

LEXUS RCF SCCA Wet Track Night PPE Headers GTHaus Exhaust 4/28/16 - YouTube
Nice video! Your car sounds great
Old 05-02-16, 08:25 AM
Darkside81
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome video! I can tell your skills are improving as driving hard like that on a wet track is like no other driving experience. Great job and I look forward to your next track video.
Old 05-02-16, 08:33 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Great video, thanks for posting! My wife always says she's learned the most on track when it's wet for car handling

Off topic question - is that actually a Pontiac Fiero on track about the 4:15 mark? I can't recall last time I've seen one on the street, much less at the track.
Old 05-02-16, 09:02 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by Darkside81
Awesome video! I can tell your skills are improving as driving hard like that on a wet track is like no other driving experience. Great job and I look forward to your next track video.
Thanks! It was pretty scary after I hit the paint the first time, then I just relaxed and slowly grew my confidence back, that video was from my second session. My third session was my best and my best lap time was 2:21. Unfortunately, my GoPro didn't seem to cooperate with the Harry's Lap timer and didn't record the third session at all. Next time, I'll just record on the iPhone, much easier and less work involved...lol.

I have a HPDE event on the 22nd with RRRacing, so more footage to come!

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Great video, thanks for posting! My wife always says she's learned the most on track when it's wet for car handling

Off topic question - is that actually a Pontiac Fiero on track about the 4:15 mark? I can't recall last time I've seen one on the street, much less at the track.
No problem! Yes the wet track was definitely a great learning experience, I had to brake a lot sooner than usual and slower cars like the FRS were catching up to me in the corners, but on straights, the RCF does not disappoint!

Yes that is a Pontiac Fiero, it moved like a snail compared to the modern cars.
Old 05-02-16, 05:20 PM
ExSrAaron
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice video RC, thanks for sharing! Pitt Race is a great track and they're really turning the facility into a top-tier place to visit. I'm glad they got the curbing painted already, should be out there later this year sometime.

Big heavy cars aren't as "fun" in the rain compared to lighter cars IMO. However, Pitt does have quite a few areas that you can run off without issue if you're experimenting. The sealer gets a little slick in heavy rain but it's not too bad if you're on street tires. Painted surfaces are the worse when wet/damp.

Do they have another event this month? I would like to chase some RCF's around

Aaron
Old 05-02-16, 05:30 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by ExSrAaron
Nice video RC, thanks for sharing! Pitt Race is a great track and they're really turning the facility into a top-tier place to visit. I'm glad they got the curbing painted already, should be out there later this year sometime.

Big heavy cars aren't as "fun" in the rain compared to lighter cars IMO. However, Pitt does have quite a few areas that you can run off without issue if you're experimenting. The sealer gets a little slick in heavy rain but it's not too bad if you're on street tires. Painted surfaces are the worse when wet/damp.

Do they have another event this month? I would like to chase some RCF's around

Aaron
No problem! There's a track night on the 19th, tracknightinamerica.com. Gearbangin, he has the 08 ISF, he'll be there, but I probably won't make it, I'm heading to pocono mountains that night to relax and get the ready for the HPDE with RRRacing that weekend.