I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-16, 02:19 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
What mods do you have?
I was stock for some of these runs, but now I have the APEX'i intake pipe w/drop in filter and APEX'i non-resonated catback.
Old 04-11-16, 02:22 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Raykwon02
I was stock for some of these runs, but now I have the APEX'i intake pipe w/drop in filter and APEX'i non-resonated catback.
Interesting enough, my friend's ISF (Joe Z intake and Joe Z exhaust) is even with my stock RCF. Dependent on who has a better start. It does seem that he pulls a bit at higher speeds.

We calculated power to weight ratio, and it seems that it should be an equal match. I can't imagine a stock RCF being able to pull away from an I/E ISF.
Old 04-11-16, 02:38 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Interesting enough, my friend's ISF (Joe Z intake and Joe Z exhaust) is even with my stock RCF. Dependent on who has a better start. It does seem that he pulls a bit at higher speeds.

We calculated power to weight ratio, and it seems that it should be an equal match. I can't imagine a stock RCF being able to pull away from an I/E ISF.
I was stock the first time I ran the IS F, we did over 10 pulls. Dig, 20,40,60 you name it, I got him every time, but all cars are slightly different. Before running we even went to a gas station and filled up our cars to 1/2 tank just to be sure. He had the JoeZ exhaust, dont know what intake he was running though.
Old 04-11-16, 06:28 PM
ExSrAaron
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
I can tell you that I ran a C63 AMG at PBIR on a 1/4 mile from a 40 roll and won by almost a full car length (The Benz driver was very surprised). I've also run a CTS-V coupe (I was in Manual mode and shifted late from 3-4) and lost by 1/2 car length (I was very surprised lol). I've also beaten an M3 at the 1/8th mile at Homestead Speedway.

The RCF fares pretty well against these other cars and I feel it's pretty underrated on paper. Now keep in mind I have the A'pexi throttle controller and Meisterschaft Axle back exhaust. I don't think it makes a huge difference but I'm sure it at least helps a little bit.
Originally Posted by Raykwon02
I haven't ran into an ATS-V, but ran multiple CTS-V coupe/sedan and pulled them all except one. I'm not referring to the new CTS-V obviously. Also pulled a ton of other cars, C63 AMG coupe/sedans, modded E92 M3's, modded N54 335is, nearly every SRT8 possible, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 E63 AMG, modded WRX STI(430whp), 2016 Camaro 1SS, stock M4, I/E 2012 IS F.

Cars that have pulled me: F80 M3 with a tune+ other mods, M4 with tune+other mods, 2013 Nissan GTR(much closer than expected), 2012 C63(tune,exhaust,other mods), CTS-V on spray(he confessed after the run), CLS63(closer than expected), 2015 C7 Z51 package(very close).

The RC F does very well from a roll. Most of the runs above are callouts at local meets, I'm usually minding my own business and people will approach me. The best part is when they're all excited to videotape what they expect is a kill against an RC F and it turns out the other way around.
Thanks guys, that's good to know. I apologize for merely speculating there, I based it on magazine reviews and their applicable data (motortrend for sure). 0-60/100mph, etc. M4, C63 (2016), ATS-V. I suppose it depends on the driver a lot too.
Old 04-12-16, 03:23 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Mustang drivers are by far the biggest pain in the a$$. I get challenged constantly, and I've smoked several of them when it seems like it is reasonable to do so. Second to mustangs are the challenger and charger hemis, which also can't beat the RC F 0-60 or beyond in my experience. But every single one of those guys think they are the fastest thing on the road.

Just last weekend a mustang guy wanted to run the RC F and so we went to an open straight stretch in a rural area and I beat him 0-60 and up to 100 for sure. I didn't see his set up but he said he had several bolt on mods and estimated 460 HP. I think the stock 5.0 L Stang is 426 HP. NOt sure about the boss 302 but I've outran a couple those as well.

I am running Joe Z exhaust, that's it. This car is heavy but it is pretty damn torquey and with all those gears you can stay in the sweet spot. For the most part I try to keep a very low profile and ignore a lot of the boy racers, but sometimes you can't help yourself. If I can blow them off up to 60 then I just let them go from there.
Old 04-12-16, 03:32 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Fysisist
Mustang drivers are by far the biggest pain in the a$$. I get challenged constantly, and I've smoked several of them when it seems like it is reasonable to do so. Second to mustangs are the challenger and charger hemis, which also can't beat the RC F 0-60 or beyond in my experience. But every single one of those guys think they are the fastest thing on the road.

Just last weekend a mustang guy wanted to run the RC F and so we went to an open straight stretch in a rural area and I beat him 0-60 and up to 100 for sure. I didn't see his set up but he said he had several bolt on mods and estimated 460 HP. I think the stock 5.0 L Stang is 426 HP. NOt sure about the boss 302 but I've outran a couple those as well.

I am running Joe Z exhaust, that's it. This car is heavy but it is pretty damn torquey and with all those gears you can stay in the sweet spot. For the most part I try to keep a very low profile and ignore a lot of the boy racers, but sometimes you can't help yourself. If I can blow them off up to 60 then I just let them go from there.
Haha Mustang owners... first it's always crashing while leaving car meets now it has the reputation that they will race any and everybody. Haha.

Also you mention sweet spots, what are the "sweet spots" for our cars? I know my last car (speed 3) - 40-45MPH at 3rd gear was ideal.
Old 04-12-16, 04:39 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

^^^ Seems to be 5500 up to 7000 rpm, give or take. The engine specs say peak HP is at 7100 rpm, but the kick in the pants seems to start at about 5500, just based on my "butt dyno".
The following users liked this post:
Infrared (12-16-16)
Old 04-12-16, 05:13 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Mustangs Mustangs Mustangs.....no matter which car I would be driving, the Mustang drivers always want to race. Only car they never messed with was my GTR. We actually blew a stang last night coming back from a film festival. I hate Mustang drivers

Have to add myself to the mustang magnet group, I haven't gone up against the newer ones, but man the older ones typically 2005 thru 2013 bodies are always trying..

The moment they see the quad exhaust it seems, if they are next to or beside me I don't usually have an issue, but if I get in front of them, or they come up behind me and they see the rear of the car all of a sudden they are Vin Diesel and their inner fast and furious persona comes out.

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Whatever you do, just don't confuse an RC-F with a KIA OR HYUNDAI! !!Haha!!!

Some of the people I work with get confused with my other car (a CT200h) with a Mazda! !! Come on, they don't see that big As$ L emblem front and back? ?? To some people it makes no difference...
Son, was sitting outside eating at a restaurant with my family when I had an older guy tell me "nice mustang", when I didn't answer him (cause I didn't know he was talking to me) he walked over and tapped me on the shoulder and said, "man that is one sweet mustang you have." when I looked at him puzzled he continued, "that white one over there, isn't that yours I saw you getting out of it" pointing at my car.

I said, that's not a mustang it's a Lexus.. to which he replied, "oh, well they all look them same".

I just rolled my eyes at him and went back to my conversation, he seemed rather put off.

had another older guy tell me I needed to remove the Lexus logos from my car because I was embarrassing myself having them on a the car because Lexus "doesn't make 2 door cars".

people in general are just stupid.

funny thing is I am an older guy (in my 50s) and it's always the older guys 50+ plus make the stupid comments.. frankly I would think my generation would know better seeing as it is the muscle and pony car generation..

Last edited by mjeds; 04-13-16 at 11:28 AM.
Infrared (12-16-16)
Old 04-13-16, 11:27 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by ExSrAaron
It's probably a good thing, right?! I don't see the RCF standing much of a chance against similar performance vehicles. 0-100mph, standing or roll. ATS-V, M4, C63, etc. I'm pretty sure most non-car enthusiasts wouldn't even know what an RCF was anyway. lol

I had a black kid in a CTS-V pull next to me and constantly go side by side for about a quarter mile trying his best to provoke me. Since i knew the CTS-V is faster, I didn't race him. When we got to the next light he just gunned it because I wouldn't race!

In another instance, I had a guy in an M4 do the same and he was really trying his best to provoke me, again I didn't race again cause i knew he would dust me!

Last edited by finny76; 04-13-16 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-15-16, 07:33 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by finny76
I had a black kid in a CTS-V pull next to me and constantly go side by side for about a quarter mile trying his best to provoke me. Since i knew the CTS-V is faster, I didn't race him. When we got to the next light he just gunned it because I wouldn't race!

In another instance, I had a guy in an M4 do the same and he was really trying his best to provoke me, again I didn't race again cause i knew he would dust me!
I think you might be pleasantly surprsed ... take a shot one day, the only thing you have to lose is a bit of gas lol.
Infrared (12-16-16)
Old 04-15-16, 09:55 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kdu
First, I honestly don't race on the street and this post isn't about street racing per se. Having said that, when I drove my 350Z and 335i guys used to pull up to me all the time. I definitely get looks with the RC F, but have yet to have anyone actually try to posture up. I'm in the NOVA/DC area and there are a ton high-end performance cars. It's not the attention that I want, but I'm still sort of puzzled. Is it that people don't know the car or I'm just not radiating that kind of vibe? Is it just not cool anymore?
Two M4s (one a hill climb) and a couple of M3s. The M3 drivers loved the new F. The M4 drivers--not too happy about the RC F's ability to put the HP down quickly to the asphalt and rocket off while their wheels are polishing the road.
Old 04-15-16, 09:57 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

had another Mustang moron this morning 2003-2004 model, I was cruising up the back road I take to work doing 55 (speed limit) and this taco was right up my ***, so I flipped to Sport+ and dropped into manual 3rd and took off like a rocket.

He caught me 2 miles later while I was sitting at the left turn light and did a nice ricer fly by..
Old 04-15-16, 10:51 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Question

I think you might be pleasantly surprsed ... take a shot one day, the only thing you have to lose is a bit of gas lol.
So what cars can the RCF easily take on?

I can tell you that I ran a C63 AMG at PBIR on a 1/4 mile from a 40 roll and won by almost a full car length (The Benz driver was very surprised). I've also run a CTS-V coupe (I was in Manual mode and shifted late from 3-4) and lost by 1/2 car length (I was very surprised lol). I've also beaten an M3 at the 1/8th mile at Homestead Speedway.

The RCF fares pretty well against these other cars and I feel it's pretty underrated on paper. Now keep in mind I have the A'pexi throttle controller and Meisterschaft Axle back exhaust. I don't think it makes a huge difference but I'm sure it at least helps a little bit.
It would be good to get an idea, as most of them look better than the RCF on paper, but in real world might be different

How does the RCF stack up to:

Camaro
SS (455 hp),
Z28 (505 hp)
ZL1 (580 hp),

Mustang:
GT 5.0 (435 HP)
Shelby GT350 (526 HP)
Old 04-15-16, 11:20 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

It would be good to get an idea, as most of them look better than the RCF on paper, but in real world might be different

Camaro
SS (455 hp),
Z28 (505 hp)
ZL1 (580 hp),

Mustang:
GT 5.0 (435 HP)
Shelby GT350 (526 HP)

the RCF 0-60 is pretty equal to the SS/GT/SRT cars
off the line the Camaro SS has more torque (I had one) and will launch harder, but beyond that the RCF can easily over take it, same with the Mustang GT 5.0, and the Dodge 392 cars (Challenger and Charger SRT)

The z/28, ZL1, and GT350, and Hell Cats, no comparison the RCF will lose it is heavier and has 120-250 ft lb less torque and/or hp.

good write-up comparison here:
http://www.torquenews.com/106/how-le...an-muscle-cars

from someone that has owned and SRT and a Camaro SS in the past 6 years, I will say that from the butt dyno perspective, the RCF pulls harder and of course revs higher.

I don't street race, aside from the occasional get the hell away from the moron in a mustang, and I haven't tracked the RCF yet, I used to track my Camaro and SRT, Personally I think the RCF is a much better built, more comfortable car.

If I was looking for raw power I would have gone with the higher end GM/Dodge/Ford models as the bang for the buck ratio is better, but I have outgrown the need for more power and grown into the need for a more reliable better build more comfortable car.

The RCF fit that need perfectly.
Old 04-15-16, 11:20 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Camaro
SS (455 hp),
Z28 (505 hp)
ZL1 (580 hp),

Mustang:
GT 5.0 (435 HP)
Shelby GT350 (526 HP)
A SS Camaro would be a good pairing with the RC-F. Both overweight pigs. Would come down to the driver.

The Z/28 will probably pull on you, the LS7 is a very torquy engine.

ZL1 - lol You will be smoked.

Mustang - See SS

Shelby, probably similar to the Z/28.

What I don't understand is that you guys are looking for a car to "mess with" but you either say "it will lose to you" or "I'll lose to it, so I didn't try".

What happens when you lose? Does you man pride shrink? Who cares. I've messed around with ZR1s, ZL1s, GT-Rs, 5.0s, 4th gens, ect. Surprisingly win some, lose ones you don't predict. You have a go or two, give a thumbs up and go your own ways.

Quick Reply: I get looks, but no one has ever tried to race