Wheels spacers for 2015 Lexus RCF stock wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-16, 12:13 PM
fm2011
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wheels spacers for 2015 Lexus RCF stock wheels

Hi Club Lexus,

Any advice where we can get wheel spacers for our 2015 Lexus RCF stock wheels?

What is the recommendation, 15mm across the 4 wheels? 20mm? mix of 20mm front 15mm back?

I havent had luck in finding them to purchase.

Thnxs.
Old 03-11-16, 09:41 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

search, this has been discussed thoroughly
Old 03-11-16, 10:21 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

I have a customer purchasing 15mm H&R spacers for the front and rear to match his Swift Springs. He said the 20mm would be good too, but doesn't want to risk anything, so 15 to be safer.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-12-16, 06:12 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Refer to these threads:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...f-spacers.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...d-on-rc-f.html
Old 04-06-17, 11:33 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
I have a customer purchasing 15mm H&R spacers for the front and rear to match his Swift Springs. He said the 20mm would be good too, but doesn't want to risk anything, so 15 to be safer.

-Josh
josh,
Ours are 5x114.3 ? right?

what Bore Size?
Old 04-06-17, 01:53 PM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GETKINETIC
josh,
Ours are 5x114.3 ? right?

what Bore Size?
http://autotk.com/wheels/lexus/rc-f/
Old 04-06-17, 02:13 PM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by gs400998
spanks
Old 04-06-17, 08:04 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Ive heard some horror stories involving spacers
Old 04-07-17, 12:41 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Spacers are a bandaid for wheels without a proper ET. A poor man's fix.

The more aggressive the spacer the more likely they are to fail. A 5mm spacer that uses the existing wheel lug studs will probably be perfectly safe so long as the studs don't have damaged threads (in which case they should be replaced anyway). Reducing the number of threads which the lug nuts thread onto reduces the force which the lug nut can handle before stripping the threads. So a 5mm spacer will reduce 5mm worth of the threads inside the lug nut. If some of those threads are already stripped then that compounds the matter.

A 15mm spacer on the stock wheel lug studs would be a bad idea (if it will even thread on...). In that case longer studs should be used, or a wheel hub adapter. But now you are at the mercy of aftermarket wheel studs. Perhaps they aren't as strong as the stock studs. How do you know? You don't. You have to take the word of the aftermarket manufacturer and the word of mouth from other customers. The wheel adapter itself could also fail. It's likely going to be made of weaker material than your stock hub.

Some people have used spacers and had no issues. Others have had horror stories. The bottom line; I wouldn't use spacers in place of a proper set of wheels. But I push my vehicles hard. They aren't show cars. It's dangerous enough pushing our cars to the limits. I'm not going to purposely introduce more possible failure points. To each one's own.

Last edited by Davew77; 04-07-17 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-07-17, 12:50 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Yes 5x114.3

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-08-17, 10:34 AM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by fm2011
Hi Club Lexus,

Any advice where we can get wheel spacers for our 2015 Lexus RCF stock wheels?

What is the recommendation, 15mm across the 4 wheels? 20mm? mix of 20mm front 15mm back?

I havent had luck in finding them to purchase.

Thnxs.
If you get spacers, get hub centric spacers over those universal one-size-fits-all.

Also, if you use 20mm/15mm spacers on stock wheels, your car isn't going to handle as well as stock form unless you are on stock height or close to it. If you are lowered, your suspension geometry changes, and your camber will change. Then, when you add a significant size spacer like 15/20mm to that, your tire contact patch to the road is lessened. You may not be able to see a difference, but you will definitely feel it when driving.
The following users liked this post:
nigel821 (04-21-24)
Old 04-10-17, 03:56 AM
tarponman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a brand like H&R or Eibach. You will be fine.
Old 04-10-17, 08:38 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

20mm in the front - 17mm in the rear

Most people thought the car came stock that way
It's a very subtle mod that adds a lot of visual appeal to the car. Don't be scared to use spacers, I've run the set up on the track many a times

Old 09-18-17, 12:42 PM
OURISF
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedGS
If you get spacers, get hub centric spacers over those universal one-size-fits-all.

Also, if you use 20mm/15mm spacers on stock wheels, your car isn't going to handle as well as stock form unless you are on stock height or close to it. If you are lowered, your suspension geometry changes, and your camber will change. Then, when you add a significant size spacer like 15/20mm to that, your tire contact patch to the road is lessened. You may not be able to see a difference, but you will definitely feel it when driving.
This is a very interesting point. I actually do not want to lower my car so I can take advantage of the AVS (Sport+) suspension if I track the car. I currently do not track the car but to your point I may need to think about my options if I do? Also I would hope the correct spacers (20mm - front & 15mm - rear and hub centric) would fill some of the wheel well gap and enhance the stance of the car.

However, interesting enough do you know that when you order a Porsche in America they offer you the choice to add spacers (and they can get fairly aggressive)...I assume they are offering this for people that want to track their car and they must make some compensation for the suspension depending on which spacer you would go with???

And to that point I "do not" agree with people who think spacers are a bad thing...it is all in how you apply them. Oh and make sure after a few days driving remove the wheels and check the torque...LOL...which BTW you would need to do with a new set of wheels as well!
Old 09-20-17, 10:51 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,846 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedGS

Instant center, roll center, roll couple, scrub radius...just about every important suspension measurement changes when you put spacers on the wheels. But most of the time, you'd need a watch to determine your deviation from stock is actually slower, and yes, this includes just lowering the car from stock ride height. Supra owners who tracked their cars figured out really fast that stock ride height - as unattractive as it might be - is fastest around a road course.

Spacers are great for visual performance. They pretty much suck for mechanical performance unless you are using them to correct offset on aftermarket wheels.
The following 2 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
konichiwa3 (11-07-17), nigel821 (05-25-23)

Quick Reply: Wheels spacers for 2015 Lexus RCF stock wheels