RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

3 things you love about your RCF, 3 things you hate.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-16, 05:23 AM
Turbo7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 things you love about your RCF, 3 things you hate.

Morning gentlemen.

what are 3 things you love about your RCF?

what are 3 things you dislike about your RCF?

--
How do you feel about your car six months into driving? Are long drives comfortable?(5+ hrs). Look forward to feedback. Thanks
Old 03-07-16, 06:04 AM
Dbcooper13
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo7
Morning gentlemen.

--
How do you feel about your car six months into driving? Are long drives comfortable?(5+ hrs). Look forward to feedback. Thanks
Only one.
#1 Not using the Search button on RCF forums.
Old 03-07-16, 07:30 AM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

#1 Random noise posts.
#2 Is my fuel pump going to kill me in my sleep?
#3 Using the search function.
Old 03-07-16, 11:13 AM
Db750
Driver

Originally Posted by Turbo7
Morning gentlemen.

--
Hey Turbo7,

Welcome to the forum. There are a few other recent threads that address your question, as well as a wealth of information if you take some time to look through the history of this forum. Here is one thread that is on the first page that my help you out on your first question:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...n-the-rcf.html

I will say that some of my favorite things about the RCF are the special look both inside and out, the level of quality and detail in my favorite paint colors (I think the white is one of the best whites from any brand), and of course the fact that Lexus stuck with the NA V8.

How comfortable the car is on long road trips is in my opinion very subjective. For instance I am very happy to take my 911 with SPASM and 20's on a road trip, but my wife would say that it is uncomfortable. I would say that any car in this category would be great for a road trip for me, but I do think the RCF would be one of the best. The only thing that hurts the RCF in this category is the fact that it does not have the adjustable suspension that other models have, however the F engineers did a very good job of tuning the suspension for both sport and comfort IMO.

If you are truly interested in purchasing an RCF you are in the right place. I would suggest taking a few hours to browse through the threads, and also do a search for any specific questions you may have. There is a lot to learn about this car, but it is fun, and it is worth it when you finally get to drive one!
Old 03-07-16, 04:52 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Db750
Hey Turbo7,

Welcome to the forum. There are a few other recent threads that address your question, as well as a wealth of information if you take some time to look through the history of this forum. Here is one thread that is on the first page that my help you out on your first question:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...n-the-rcf.html

I will say that some of my favorite things about the RCF are the special look both inside and out, the level of quality and detail in my favorite paint colors (I think the white is one of the best whites from any brand), and of course the fact that Lexus stuck with the NA V8.

How comfortable the car is on long road trips is in my opinion very subjective. For instance I am very happy to take my 911 with SPASM and 20's on a road trip, but my wife would say that it is uncomfortable. I would say that any car in this category would be great for a road trip for me, but I do think the RCF would be one of the best. The only thing that hurts the RCF in this category is the fact that it does not have the adjustable suspension that other models have, however the F engineers did a very good job of tuning the suspension for both sport and comfort IMO.

If you are truly interested in purchasing an RCF you are in the right place. I would suggest taking a few hours to browse through the threads, and also do a search for any specific questions you may have. There is a lot to learn about this car, but it is fun, and it is worth it when you finally get to drive one!
You said in a different thread you don't own a RCF, is that correct?
Old 03-07-16, 05:25 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Nothing to hate. Great car with kick **** styling, especially for the price of admission.
Old 03-07-16, 06:58 PM
Db750
Driver

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
You said in a different thread you don't own a RCF, is that correct?
Hey Ryanmcd,

Once I hit send on this I will have a total of 102 posts to this forum and 7,292 more posts on various other automotive enthusiast forums under the same screen name. There is absolutely no way for me to keep track of everything that I have or have not said due to the sheer volume of posts I have published. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Old 03-07-16, 08:15 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Db750
Hey Ryanmcd,

Once I hit send on this I will have a total of 102 posts to this forum and 7,292 more posts on various other automotive enthusiast forums under the same screen name. There is absolutely no way for me to keep track of everything that I have or have not said due to the sheer volume of posts I have published. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
I just like how you give a review of the car and don't own one. Not sure why someone would even do something like that and has the time to, oh well whatever.
Old 03-07-16, 08:58 PM
Db750
Driver

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
I just like how you give a review of the car and don't own one. Not sure why someone would even do something like that and has the time to, oh well whatever.
Hey Ryanmcd,

I am happy to hear that you like my review.

Best regards.
Old 03-08-16, 07:25 AM
RamiRom
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love :
1) You just dont see many on the road, not a BMW. Gets a lot of attention
2) The car is aggressive looking and stylish so i wont get bored of it anytime soon
3) Its comfortable to drive and be in the cabin. Im 6'4 and have no issues at all being in this car for extended periods. I test drove the M3 and couldnt wait to get back in my car.

Hate (dislike is better term since i love my car)
1) It just lacks that extra power when you need it at times
2) A man literally asked me if this was the new Corolla
3) The entertainment system/Nav is frustrating to use, feels outdated, screen is too small (should be the size of the GS or RX screen)
Old 03-08-16, 07:37 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love:
1) Exclusivity - I've only seen 2 other RCFs on the road since they came out and I'm in Miami.
2) Aggressive Styling - I absolutely love the aggressive/sleek lines of this sexy beast
3) Performance - To date this is the fastest/most powerful car I've owned and it puts a smile on my face everyday.

Dislike:
1) NAV Screen - It's just way too small, coming from a '13 GS350 F-Sport and being used to a 13" screen makes this one feel tiny.
2) Ventilated/Heated Seats - They don't cool efficiently when needed 90% of the time, and the heated function barely heats them up (for those 2 nights a year that it's cold in Miami )
3) No Easy Enter/Exit - I loved the feature in my GS that would move the seat back and steering wheel up when the car was turned off and vice versa when it was turned on to allow easy entry and exit into the vehicle. In the RCF the steering wheel still goes up but the seat doesn't move. I know I'm lazy, but this is a simple option that should be in a $75k luxury car IMO.

Overall I love this car and it puts a smile on my face everyday!
Old 03-08-16, 10:02 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The RC-F no longer evokes emotion in me when I drive it. I was at the local Chrysler / Jeep dealer getting my wife's Jeep serviced. I fell in love with the looks and roar of new Hellcat they had just taken deliver of. It scared the crap out of me so I may just have to trade.

Last edited by jkeifer3; 03-09-16 at 03:27 AM.
Old 03-08-16, 01:41 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
The RC-F no longer evokes emotion in me when I drive it. I was at the local Chrysler / Jeep dealer getting my wife's Jeep serviced. I fell in love with a looks and roar of new Hellcat they had just taken deliver of. It scared the crap out of me so I may just have to trade.
I happen to work at a Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge in Miami. Maybe I can help you get into a Hellcat PM me
Old 03-09-16, 03:28 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
I happen to work at a Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge in Miami. Maybe I can help you get into a Hellcat PM me
Tru, thanks for the offer! I'll let you know for sure!
Old 03-11-16, 11:50 PM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
Love:
1) Exclusivity - I've only seen 2 other RCFs on the road since they came out and I'm in Miami.
2) Aggressive Styling - I absolutely love the aggressive/sleek lines of this sexy beast
3) Performance - To date this is the fastest/most powerful car I've owned and it puts a smile on my face everyday.

Dislike:
1) NAV Screen - It's just way too small, coming from a '13 GS350 F-Sport and being used to a 13" screen makes this one feel tiny.
2) Ventilated/Heated Seats - They don't cool efficiently when needed 90% of the time, and the heated function barely heats them up (for those 2 nights a year that it's cold in Miami )
3) No Easy Enter/Exit - I loved the feature in my GS that would move the seat back and steering wheel up when the car was turned off and vice versa when it was turned on to allow easy entry and exit into the vehicle. In the RCF the steering wheel still goes up but the seat doesn't move. I know I'm lazy, but this is a simple option that should be in a $75k luxury car IMO.

Overall I love this car and it puts a smile on my face everyday!

I set memory seat setting #3 to move the seat all the way back and steering wheel up to exit. Just one push before I shut off the car

Quick Reply: 3 things you love about your RCF, 3 things you hate.