RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

WeatherTech RC F Trunk Liner Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-16, 02:11 PM
Sagane
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WeatherTech RC F Trunk Liner Review

I picked up the WeatherTech trunk mat for my RC F, when I ordered a set of WeatherTech floor mats. Note that this is the same truck liner as is used in the RC 350.

I am overall impressed with the trunk liner. It is heavy and will contain liquid easily. The fit is quite good, not quite as tight as the WeatherTech floor mats. There are indentations on each side where you cut holes or make a slit for the cargo lugs to pass through it. There are also indentations where you can make a cut to pass through the strap for the first aid kit. I have chosen not to cut my mat, as my primary interest in containing liquids from a leaky thermos or putting a pair of shoes back there that may be wet or snowy.

I am attaching pictures, enjoy!

Old 01-23-16, 08:12 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

It's not as flat? By the way, how do you order them? Do you go to their Cargo Liner for Cars, SUVs, Minivans?

http://www.weathertech.com/lexus/2015/rc/cargo-liner/
Old 01-24-16, 04:43 AM
Sagane
Rookie

Originally Posted by ba2sy
It's not as flat? By the way, how do you order them? Do you go to their Cargo Liner for Cars, SUVs, Minivans?

http://www.weathertech.com/lexus/2015/rc/cargo-liner/
I have my WeatherTech trunk liner installed on top of the Lexus trunk carpet that came with my car. The WeatherTech mat would lay flatter if I removed the trunk carpet. But this as not a concern for me.

I ordered mine online, at the same time I ordered floor mats. If you just put in your car year, make, model, you will see all of the products availed for the RC F, including these mats. It's kind of confusing because the site shows a picture of a SUV cargo area.
Old 01-25-16, 11:15 AM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Fit looks good man. But on your last picture you need to raise the 'lip' from under the rear seatback, or any liquid would drain in there. Just a heads-up. Question for you: Doesn't Lexus make a similar one? Just curious of their cost, as WeatherTechs are not cheap.
Old 01-25-16, 04:25 PM
Sagane
Rookie

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Fit looks good man. But on your last picture you need to raise the 'lip' from under the rear seatback, or any liquid would drain in there. Just a heads-up. Question for you: Doesn't Lexus make a similar one? Just curious of their cost, as WeatherTechs are not cheap.
Thanks for pointing this out, I'll raise the lip.
Lexus makes a carpet trunk mat, but I am not aware of a liquid proof mat. This mat cost me $120.
WeatherTech mats are not cheap, but they work so well, and are durable. If it prevents 4 - 5 bad messes, the cost is worth it for me.