RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Armed Carjacking of RC F

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-16, 05:12 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Armed Carjacking of RC F

*** A man reportedly responsible for an armed carjacking in Santa Cruz on Thursday night is still at large, the San Cruz Police Department reported Monday. Authorities do not believe he poses an immediate threat now.

The car, a 2015 Lexus RCF Coupe, was later located in San Gregorio at Seaside School Road and Stage Road by a San Mateo County Sheriff’s deputy who was assisting with search.

The man, believed to be a white male between the ages of 20 and 25, is reported to have been wearing a bandana over his face at the time of the carjacking along with a baseball cap and a black jacket and jeans.

Santa Cruz police officers responded to the report of the incident just after 8:30 p.m. on Thursday.

The victim reported that his car was parked on the 100 block of Baldwin Street. As he was walking home, he said he was approached by the man who demanded he provide his car keys. The car thief brandished an assault-style rifle, police say.

The suspect reportedly took off with the car and headed north on Baldwin Street. A Santa Cruz officer located the suspect after roughly 10 minutes, but discontinued a high-speed chase after about a mile due to wet roadways and cross traffic, said Santa Cruz Police Department Deputy Chief Steve Clark.

The Santa Cruz Police Department then used the car’s Sirius XM satellite radio to track the location of the vehicle into San Mateo County. San Mateo County Sheriff’s deputies spotted the vehicle and initiated a short pursuit before stopping and continuing with the radio tracking. Later, when the car was found in San Gregorio, deputies decided to monitor the vehicle overnight and recover it in the morning. Helicopter searches in the area revealed no trace of the man.

The San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office issued text and email alerts noting the search. Residents reported seeing heavily armed law enforcement throughout the area overnight and into the morning.

Clark said the department theorizes that the suspect intended on returning to the vehicle because the key fob was left inside.

Working with the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office, the Santa Cruz officers recovered the vehicle, collected evidence from it and returned the car to its owner.

“I don’t think there’s immediate danger to the area,” Clark said. “This is a pretty specific set of circumstances.” He added that the suspect seemed intent on going after “that car or type of car.”

Clark said the department was working with the forensic evidence gathered from the stolen vehicle, along with other intelligence such as cellphone records in their continued attempts to track down the suspect.
Old 01-13-16, 05:50 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Ooh... Lala... Maybe next time he needs bulletproof window and flamethrower underneath the rocker panel...
Old 01-13-16, 06:00 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Buy a gun, learn how to use it, conceal it.

Your safety and the safety of your family is your personal responsibility.
Old 01-13-16, 06:34 PM
omnikey
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz

Could not agree more! Well Put!
Old 01-13-16, 07:53 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my RC F, but it's not worth another person's life or jail time for me because I shot them.
Old 01-13-16, 07:59 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I doubt he intended on returning it..

more likely he figured it was being GPS tracked because they picked him up so soon so he just walked away before he got caught.

had it been mine his face would have been photographed by my dual camera dash cam.

glad the car was recovered without being totaled. . Sucks that the owner will now have to fork out $1500 in tow and impound fees though.
Old 01-13-16, 08:00 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

This was in California, the only gun you will be concealing is the child maker in your pants.
Old 01-13-16, 08:45 PM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats actually a great idea. Except in California the car jacker would end up being the victim and he would end up with the RCF anyway after suing the person who shot him.
Old 01-14-16, 01:16 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

I lived in Napa for two months and moved my butt back to Vegas asap! Took my guns and my window tint back with me and tore off the damn front tag. pretty place but between the nutjob laws and taxes I got my butt out of there.
Old 01-14-16, 02:13 PM
panita2010
Pit Crew

Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

People are nuts these days!!