RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

APEXi Smart Accel Controller: Weigh-In If Installed (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-16, 04:44 PM
ForTheF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got finished testing the RCF with the controller installed and I can say that it's the best $225 I've spent on a mod by far. The car has become more responsive in normal mode with the red and purple modes on. When I tried the red and purple on sport and sport + while being in manual, it turns the car into full hooligan mode. Wish the car came like this stock, it would've been even more impressive from the get go. It's pretty fun losing traction from a red light while the traction control is still on lol
Old 01-17-16, 09:38 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

^ Glad that everyone is having the same response to the controller as me and rmsimmonsj did when we tested this unit out a few months ago. Still one of the best mods out right now for the money.
Old 01-18-16, 01:17 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
^ Glad that everyone is having the same response to the controller as me and rmsimmonsj did when we tested this unit out a few months ago. Still one of the best mods out right now for the money.
Half of my order arrived....sad face. Will have to wait until the lexus plug arrives to install.
Old 01-18-16, 03:33 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by ForTheF
Just got finished testing the RCF with the controller installed and I can say that it's the best $225 I've spent on a mod by far. The car has become more responsive in normal mode with the red and purple modes on. When I tried the red and purple on sport and sport + while being in manual, it turns the car into full hooligan mode. Wish the car came like this stock, it would've been even more impressive from the get go. It's pretty fun losing traction from a red light while the traction control is still on lol
WOW! I just ordered this based off your quick review.

Question to everyone: Is the RCF throttle lag pretty obvious?
Old 01-18-16, 03:37 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by finny76

Who did you buy it from? I got mine on Amazon for $200.95 +FREE Shipping! I can Promise you, you're NOT going to beat that price Anywhere
Old 01-18-16, 05:49 PM
ForTheF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by finny76

Great choice! I promise you will not be disappointed!
Old 01-18-16, 08:20 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Who did you buy it from? I got mine on Amazon for $200.95 +FREE Shipping! I can Promise you, you're NOT going to beat that price Anywhere
Just got it on Amazon for $198.39 with expedited shipping included, it would have been $189 with standard shipping lol.
Old 01-19-16, 08:08 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
Just got it on Amazon for $198.39 with expedited shipping included, it would have been $189 with standard shipping lol.
Prolly best deal so far
Old 01-19-16, 07:50 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

WOW, guess you DO have the Best Deal now That's an Awesome Price, expedited shipping, you know the Prime Membership's 2-Day Free Shipping rite Only way to get it faster is Over Night it, you payed $9 just to get it one day earlier?

Last edited by johnnyreb; 01-19-16 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-19-16, 10:25 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
WOW, guess you DO have the Best Deal now That's an Awesome Price, expedited shipping, you know the Prime Membership's 2-Day Free Shipping rite Only way to get it faster is Over Night it, you payed $9 just to get it one day earlier?
No I don't actually have Prime so I had to pay for the expedited shipping lol, I may be the only person here without Prime but I just don't shop on Amazon often.
Old 01-20-16, 04:34 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

No I don't actually have Prime so I had to pay for the expedited shipping lol, I may be the only person here without Prime but I just don't shop on Amazon often.
Either way, that was a GREAT Price
Old 01-20-16, 06:56 PM
SaggyNutz
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cheap on Amazon

I thought this was a pretty good deal. Installing mine this weekend, I'll post updates once I get to play around with it a bit.
Old 01-21-16, 05:40 PM
SaggyNutz
Driver School Candidate

I've been driving around all evening now that the controller is installed, and I agree with everyone else that has it installed. It does exactly what it says it will do. I notice a significant reduce in throttle lag especially in sport mode. Best 180 bucks I've spent in awhile. Also, red mode is the only way to go !!!

Old 01-21-16, 07:03 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by SaggyNutz
I've been driving around all evening now that the controller is installed, and I agree with everyone else that has it installed. It does exactly what it says it will do. I notice a significant reduce in throttle lag especially in sport mode. Best 180 bucks I've spent in awhile. Also, red mode is the only way to go !!!

I Agree I thought Purple was Until i Tried RED I Don't put it in Anything Else now Glad you Like it, it's as Good AS ADVERTISED!
Old 01-22-16, 06:45 AM
tx_is300
Pole Position

Can someone share how they mounted the Apexi button to the one of the blank spots near the blind spot monitor button? Not sure how to remove the panel and where to run the wiring from the pedal to the dash panel. Any pics would be a great help. Thanks in advance for your help!

Quick Reply: APEXi Smart Accel Controller: Weigh-In If Installed (Merged Threads)