RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RRRacing / Penske Coilover System for the RCF

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-16, 04:20 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlrider
What do you do with the stock shock electronics? Just disconnect them and if so does it throw any codes?

There are no electronics on the shocks. They are not adjustable. Driving modes only influence throttle mapping, steering, and maybe TVD on cars equipped with that.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 04-27-17, 04:45 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Out of curiosity...
To Rafi and the OP, were or are there any concernsor compromises in adding those aggressive wheel spacers and the suspension dynamics like scrub radius etc...
Thank you in advance for your thoughts in general for altering the stock offset values.
Old 04-27-17, 08:42 AM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Reply

Originally Posted by PunisheRCF
Out of curiosity...
To Rafi and the OP, were or are there any concernsor compromises in adding those aggressive wheel spacers and the suspension dynamics like scrub radius etc...
Thank you in advance for your thoughts in general for altering the stock offset values.
Nope! The spacer were more of a visual mod and I actually had them left over from the trade in I had ( a 3G is350 F ). I wanted to bring the wheels out for a more flush look. Over time, Rafi mentioned that it actually makes the car better due to the wider track of the wheel. This notion came from a Penske install and having the customer track the car and without the spacers there was rubbing. I've tracked the car multiple times and driven the car super hard and no rubbing was present with the spacer setup.

I trust that answers your question. If you need any Hi else, just ask. I've run this suspension for over a year and a 1/2 and I'm 26k on the od ( mostly from visiting Rafi from Md ) and this suspension really makes the car in my Opinion. The combo of the usrs and the coils gave the rcf a planed feel where prior j felt the car being way too loose in the back. Please look at my recent review of all the TOMS under bracing. Overalll, the car had power and had more now with full bolt ons, yet all the suspension mods really make this car a joy.

Ill be tracking the car towards the end of the month ( w Rafi ) and will be happy to go into a more in-depth review with alll the suspension pieces in place
Old 04-27-17, 08:33 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Rafi, you mentioned that there will be a RR Racing Road & Track Coilover suspension coming out for the RCF soon, any time-frame on that? How will that compare to these?
Old 04-28-17, 09:46 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Out of curiosity...
Originally Posted by JB5674
Nope! The spacer were more of a visual mod and I actually had them left over from the trade in I had ( a 3G is350 F ). I wanted to bring the wheels out for a more flush look. Over time, Rafi mentioned that it actually makes the car better due to the wider track of the wheel. This notion came from a Penske install and having the customer track the car and without the spacers there was rubbing. I've tracked the car multiple times and driven the car super hard and no rubbing was present with the spacer setup.

I trust that answers your question. If you need any Hi else, just ask. I've run this suspension for over a year and a 1/2 and I'm 26k on the od ( mostly from visiting Rafi from Md ) and this suspension really makes the car in my Opinion. The combo of the usrs and the coils gave the rcf a planed feel where prior j felt the car being way too loose in the back. Please look at my recent review of all the TOMS under bracing. Overalll, the car had power and had more now with full bolt ons, yet all the suspension mods really make this car a joy.

Ill be tracking the car towards the end of the month ( w Rafi ) and will be happy to go into a more in-depth review with alll the suspension pieces in place
You would need a watch and a timed course to determine the difference. Yes, all the geometry changed. No, the OP did not do a critical assessment of the changes with the requisite tools to determine if the changed scrub radius, roll center, roll couple, instant centers, camber curves, etc, made a measurable difference. It feels good to him as he stated, so it must be good. Probably corners like it's on rails.
Old 04-29-17, 05:30 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Out of curiosity...
Generally speaking, I don't recommend wheel spacers, although scrub radius is more of an issue on FWD and AWD cars than RWD cars. As Josh said, the spacers were more for aesthetic reasons.

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Rafi, you mentioned that there will be a RR Racing Road & Track Coilover suspension coming out for the RCF soon, any time-frame on that? How will that compare to these?
We are trying to roll out the R&T suspension slowely. First on the IS platform where we did our initial testing, then to the RC.

Both our new R&T setup and Penske are really good track worthy setups. Penske is more expensive because of the Penske double adjustable shocks. They have a unique design are essentially a dual reservoir shock due to the internal head valve.

Rafi

Old 05-13-17, 03:50 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Update 5/13/17:

We are now offering an in-house rebuild service for Penske shocks. Here is what it includes:

(1) Disassembly, Cleaning and inspection
(2) Change all seals
(3) Replace shock fluid with genuine Penske fluid.

Cost is only $400, which is far less Penske, Ohlins, or others charge for shock rebuild service.

Rafi

The following users liked this post:
Justin727 (05-19-17)
Old 07-10-17, 05:23 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Update 7/10/17:

Just wanted to announce that we now have a rear retrofit kit to address some minor noise issues. If anyone is interested, please contact us and we will send you the parts at cost. The retrofit does not affect performance in any way, just noise reduction.

thanks!

Rafi

Old 07-10-17, 02:04 PM
Dsully
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Totally interested!
Old 07-11-17, 05:30 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

I'll get the rear retrofit kit! I'll be in touch today/tomorrow
Old 07-11-17, 09:41 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Update 5/13/17:

We are now offering an in-house rebuild service for Penske shocks. Here is what it includes:

(1) Disassembly, Cleaning and inspection
(2) Change all seals
(3) Replace shock fluid with genuine Penske fluid.

Cost is only $400, which is far less Penske, Ohlins, or others charge for shock rebuild service.

Rafi
How often do they need to be rebuilt for a street driven car?
Old 07-11-17, 01:32 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
amd turn around time from day receiving them?
Old 07-11-17, 05:16 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

I had mine rebuilt back in the winter....

25K plus miles on them and a 3 track days, it was time. The turn-around from Rafi was a full day, but it was planned. Two days, max

Car felt 100% better, once it was done. You will know when you need it, cuz the ride will feel harsh and bumpy all the time. I was less than 10% on one shock which I wasnt surprised about. Yet, after....it was like day 1
Of course, I tracked the car shortly thereafter lol

~JB
Old 07-12-17, 07:07 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Depends on mileage and driving conditions. For average ownerI would recommend 2 years.

Originally Posted by Carnevino
amd turn around time from day receiving them?
As long as we are given a heads up before they are shipped, we can rebuild and ship back same day, or max the next morning depending on when we receive them. So turnaround is 24hrs or less.

Rafi

Old 07-15-17, 07:23 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Just some feed back for Rafi and my CL bros.

Installed the new rear 10" coils today.
Car rides pretty much the same. Nothing noticeable during test drive.
There are still some very minor noise once in a while but the majority of the clunking noises are gone. Awesome!!

Quick Reply: RRRacing / Penske Coilover System for the RCF