RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Any jack-stand adapters for the RC-F out there?

Old 10-21-15, 04:37 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Any jack-stand adapters for the RC-F out there?

Hey gang, just wondering if any of you have special adapters for the cheapo chassis channels Lexus offers, instead of the more high-end jacking pad approach, which BMW and most others use. I'm afraid to place my regular jack stands (with the curvy, elongated base) under the channels, for fear of bending them, without a support like the jack in the trunk offers. I searched a million ways for an adapter mimicking the trunk jack slot, but nothing came up on google. Need to put the car on stands at the rear to remove the wheels and adjust the parking brake. And also to check for camber adjustment, to see if there's any.

Maybe the channels are strong enough not to bend under a normal inch-wide jack-stand base without any side support, but need assurance of that first. Thank you.
Old 10-21-15, 05:33 PM
JCtx
Racer

Something like this is what I'm talking about folks. Unfortunately, that piece was apparently custom-made by a Mustang owner, so no way to order some. But you get the idea. If somebody has placed his RC-F under jack-stands without any such support, please post. Will lift the car later today, and try to find a suitable place on the rear subframe. But my preliminary scan didn't spot an acceptably safe place there. And next to (on the inside of) the frame rail jacking point, doesn't seem sturdy or safe enough (not flat). Thx.
Attached Thumbnails Any jack-stand adapters for the RC-F out there?-rc-f-jack-stand-adapter.jpg  
Old 10-21-15, 09:56 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here you go bro, I believe this is what you are looking for:

FIGS JACK JAW Frame Rail Armor

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=188
Old 10-22-15, 12:09 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by aWorkOfArt
Here you go bro, I believe this is what you are looking for
Well, maybe, since those are jacking adapters, not for jack-stands like the above. But they could work if the length is right, and they're sturdy enough not to bend at the middle. Will call those folks right now and ask them. Will keep you posted, and thank you very much for the suggestion.

By the way, I wouldn't lift the car with those, as they could bend the seam as the car tilts to one side. But for jack-stand adapters (if they work), they'd be perfect, since the car would be level side to side. And the jack-stands have some front to back tilt due to their ratcheting mechanism. Take care.

EDIT: They just replied, and said DO NOT use them with jack-stands. At least not mine; the adapters need a flat surface covering their entire area (FYI). But thanks anyway.

Last edited by JCtx; 10-22-15 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-22-15, 01:16 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I wonder if anyone makes a Leave In Jacking Pads Puck for the RC-F like they do for the Corvettes and Mustangs
Old 10-22-15, 02:46 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by mjeds
I wonder if anyone makes a Leave In Jacking Pads Puck for the RC-F like they do for the Corvettes and Mustangs
Maybe with the adapters aWorkOfArt posted, but still can't believe Lexus gave us what a $10K Hyundai has.

By the way, just heard from those folks and those adapters ARE NOT to be used with jack-stands (only exception would be flat-top stands, I'd assume). But am not going to spend $250 total on this crap. They suggested just resting the seams on the jack stands, but want to hear from an RC-F owner to make sure it'd be fine. Thanks.
Old 10-22-15, 07:21 PM
TigerAC3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use hockey pucks. Can find them cheap, just cut a groove in them to fit the jacking point, and you're good to go. I've used them for jacking the car and with jack stands.
Old 10-23-15, 12:13 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by TigerAC3
I use hockey pucks.
Have you used them with a jackstand with the jaw pictured on post #2? I'd be afraid to use anything plastic that doesn't follow the curve perfectly, since it could break. A jolt like that cause all kinds of damage. But if you can personally attest to their strength, I'd take your word for it. Just want to make sure you have the exact same jackstand jaws I have. Thanks man.
Old 10-23-15, 02:44 PM
TigerAC3
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I have used them with that type jack stand jaw.

Also, for clarification, hockey pucks are a dense vulcanized rubber, they will flex some to match the contour of the car and jack stand.
Old 10-23-15, 02:46 PM
TigerAC3
Driver School Candidate

Also, just google "jack hockey puck" will get all kinds of pictures/videos/write-ups.
Old 10-23-15, 04:44 PM
JCtx
Racer

Originally Posted by TigerAC3
Also, for clarification, hockey pucks are a dense vulcanized rubber, they will flex some to match the contour of the car and jack stand.
Thanks man. I thought they were a hard plastic, like Delrin. Not a hockey guy, obviously. That might be an opton. So guess no resting the car on the jack stands at the regular jacking locations without any brackets, right?