Looks like PPE equal length headers coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-15, 09:12 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
Pre ordered them a couple months back!
I went without the ceramic coating on mine, the same way I went without on my ISF.

What made you go with the ceramic?
Old 10-24-15, 02:59 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ceramic coating helps keeps the heat inside the header which aids faster flowing gas and is more energy efficient. Most places use mild steel to keep costs down of the header. And if you live in an environment with salt on the road or in the air , it helps with corrosion too, since bare mild steel would rust faster. It also keeps temps down in the engine room . It's definitely a good option to choose
Old 10-24-15, 06:10 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

I thought these headers were stainless......you should wrap stainless and not ceramic coat.
Old 10-24-15, 07:29 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carnevino
I thought these headers were stainless......you should wrap stainless and not ceramic coat.
They are stainless.

i'm going to read into it a bit more prior to making my final decision; i've seen pros and cons for both ceramic and wrapped headers

Last edited by 4everkidd; 10-24-15 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-24-15, 03:09 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I think ppe has both versions now available, In the pics those look like SS . Regardless still a good choice in coating the SS . Ss can still rust over the years of use depending on the grade of the SS and how much chromium content is used. Typically lower grade of SS will rust sooner then later .
Old 10-24-15, 09:39 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Equal Length is the best! Awesome they are making them. Novell is $$$$$$
Old 10-25-15, 02:46 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Can't wait to see the gains from the headers
Old 10-28-15, 08:59 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Well rather than allowing continued stipulation over install difficulty and timing of the PPE headers I fired an email to the man himself.

The Novel install thread definitely made me question diving in head first; however I don't doubt Paul's engineering prowess and attention to detail.
Old 10-28-15, 07:41 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
Well rather than allowing continued stipulation over install difficulty and timing of the PPE headers I fired an email to the man himself.

The Novel install thread definitely made me question diving in head first; however I don't doubt Paul's engineering prowess and attention to detail.
So WHAT are you Sayin'
Old 10-29-15, 08:57 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
So WHAT are you Sayin'

haha apparently I was speaking in riddles.

I emailed PPE about the install and they got right back to me.

Install should take ~8hrs (similar to the ISF) and will still require the lifting/shifting of the engine side to side as you put in each bank of headers. The Dipstick will also require a bend to avoid vibration (same as the ISF) however now Paul has engineered a true plug and play wiring harness for the O2 simulator, so no more splicing wires and praying you got it right.

Additional difficulty will come from a few more brackets requiring removal, as well as some studs in the head to remove. Pretty minor.
Old 10-29-15, 09:05 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
haha apparently I was speaking in riddles.

I emailed PPE about the install and they got right back to me.

Install should take ~8hrs (similar to the ISF) and will still require the lifting/shifting of the engine side to side as you put in each bank of headers. The Dipstick will also require a bend to avoid vibration (same as the ISF) however now Paul has engineered a true plug and play wiring harness for the O2 simulator, so no more splicing wires and praying you got it right.
I don't recall having to do anything to the dipstick to get these to fit on the ISF. Was it the PPE or Siky headers that had a version 1 and 2?

Glad to hear there is a better way of doing the O2 sensor. Still am hoping the O2 sensor failure issues and CEL will have gotten better with the RC F iteration.
Old 10-29-15, 09:50 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

On the ISF - PPE had a version 1 and 2. I have version 1 and it required relocation of the dip stick. Version 2 does not. Most PPE headers in the wild are version 2. Sikky headers have always required dipstick relocation.

Lou
Old 10-29-15, 11:36 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
On the ISF - PPE had a version 1 and 2. I have version 1 and it required relocation of the dip stick. Version 2 does not. Most PPE headers in the wild are version 2. Sikky headers have always required dipstick relocation.

Lou
Thanks Lou. I just couldn't remember. I had the version 2 headers for the ISF then.
Old 10-29-15, 02:15 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

I would like to see before/after INDEPENDANT dyno results. They look like they should make power, but its very easy to exaggerate the numbers on the dyno if you want to.

I've driven and dyno'd several header equipped ISF's... and I don't see them making any power over gutted primary cats, for whatever reason. Don't see it on the dyno, and don't feel it on the street either.

BTW, if you are comparing dyno results, and not publishing the corresponding A/F ratio graph, then the results are meaningless, because you can easily get a 30hp variation with our cars on the dyno as a function of intake air temp and coolant temps (which influence AFR and ignition timing).

So anyway, I don't want to be misunderstood, but I am just saying that it would be nice to see proven dyno results on these headers. Perhaps the equal length version will actually make some power, as I suspect that headers for the ISF (either due to unequal length or primary tube diameter) tend to result in ignition retard due to increased knock activity, perhaps due to lean AFR at certain cylinders.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 10-29-15 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-29-15, 08:28 PM
PPEHeaders
Sponsor

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey guys,

We have a couple sets done and 2 more shipping soon. After we get feedback from these customers we will be releasing more information. One set has been installed and will be at the SEMA show next week. There are pictures on instagram of the install done at Project Import in California.

Dynos, pricing, pictures and other information will be posted as soon as we have feedback and finalized the product.

Quick Reply: Looks like PPE equal length headers coming soon