RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus RCF vs '14 Ford Mustang GT (420 HP)

Old 09-13-15, 07:14 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts
Default Lexus RCF vs '14 Ford Mustang GT (420 HP)

Mustang owner was having issues with his transmission after the second run. He was experiencing lockout and was not able to get it into the next gear. Good sport, rematch coming soon!
Old 09-14-15, 05:57 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I almost bought a 2016 Mustang GT instead of an RC F for the sole reason that you get a TON of reliable HP for $40,000.
Old 09-14-15, 10:47 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

he needs an MGW shifter which will fix that lockout problem, like what I installed
Old 09-14-15, 01:15 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
he needs an MGW shifter which will fix that lockout problem, like what I installed
You're the same guy over at Mustang6g.com right.......I remember you replying to my post when I said I ended up buying an RCF.
Old 09-14-15, 02:32 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by toystry
You're the same guy over at Mustang6g.com right.......I remember you replying to my post when I said I ended up buying an RCF.
toystry, how much Flamin' did you take when you told them you had got the RCF?
Old 09-14-15, 02:53 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
toystry, how much Flamin' did you take when you told them you had got the RCF?
Honestly, hardly any which I was shocked about. Only criticism was price, spindle grill and encrypted ECU for the most part.......other than that they were pretty cool.

The Mustang6g member are a great group of forum members. In all seriousness, the V8 group bash each other more about the ECOBOOST and V6 mustangs then other owners of other cars which makes me laugh. That would be like us bashing the RC350 guys........which none of us do.

I've been lurking the Mustang6g pages for about 6 months as I had given up hope to buy an RCF due to my unwilingness to pay the asking price but once the price point worked out for me, I knew the RCF was the one I wanted. Dollar for dollar though the new Mustangs are nice, especially since they pack HUGE RELIABLE HP for $40,000 which you can essentially double with a supercharger/turbo for another $7,000.
Old 09-14-15, 04:31 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Hahaha I was over on Mustang6G as well. Ordered a '15 GT back in March, pulled out of it last minute since they made a mistake on the order, ended up with an RC.
Old 09-14-15, 04:56 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yea its me
Old 09-14-15, 05:41 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Honestly, hardly any which I was shocked about. Only criticism was price, spindle grill and encrypted ECU for the most part.......other than that they were pretty cool.

The Mustang6g member are a great group of forum members. In all seriousness, the V8 group bash each other more about the ECOBOOST and V6 mustangs then other owners of other cars which makes me laugh. That would be like us bashing the RC350 guys........which none of us do.

I've been lurking the Mustang6g pages for about 6 months as I had given up hope to buy an RCF due to my unwilingness to pay the asking price but once the price point worked out for me, I knew the RCF was the one I wanted. Dollar for dollar though the new Mustangs are nice, especially since they pack HUGE RELIABLE HP for $40,000 which you can essentially double with a supercharger/turbo for another $7,000.
I Know, it's Weird how some different clubs or car forums are about their Own Kin. The Porsche guys in our Club & Especially on the Forums really go at each other, Mostly the Air Cooled & the Water Cooled are Constantly Butting Heads. But, the guys in the Viper Club are just the Opposite, as the Gen. I & II guys all the way to the New Gen. V's pretty much ALL get along Great & you just Don't see them talking down to one another.
Old 09-15-15, 09:38 AM
jalnsx
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I bought a 15' Mustang GT when they first hit just because I loved the look. The car for 40k is not bad and looks good but it is almost comical when it comes to power or lack of power. However, as noted above for 7k you could get the power and have a great car. At the end of the day though its still a Mustang and far from the quality found in the Lexus.
Old 09-15-15, 11:36 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Only bimmer forums do major bashing big time..
Old 09-15-15, 11:00 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
On each other or just Everybody in Particular?
Old 09-16-15, 09:19 AM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
On each other or just Everybody in Particular?
You would be bashed for this comment
Old 09-17-15, 06:07 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
I would be mad too with my car in the shop all the time.
Old 09-17-15, 07:31 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
I would be mad too with my car in the shop all the time.
Now, Now Ryan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus RCF vs '14 Ford Mustang GT (420 HP)