RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

You've been F'ed

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-15, 12:30 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
However, have to disagree with you on tires. Guys who care about speed don't run MPSS.
Did you miss where I put 'STREET' in capital letters??? A drag radial or DOT tire like a Michelin Cup is not considered street buddy. That's why I put STREET. But yes, you're absolutely correct. I use my sports cars for touring, so any such tire is out of the question. Any performance numbers without a street tire are useless to me. And a street tire is considered up to the 'extreme summer' category. The PSSs are actually 'max summer', but perform better than most 'extreme summer' ones, like the ones the GTR came with. And yes, with such tires, there's simply no way in hell a C63 will be in the 2s. If he insists, somebody who lives close with a V-Box could prove him wrong quickly. And the reality is it won't be even close to 3 IMO. Maybe 3.5 at best, and that's without any cheating weight in the trunk, drag radials, etc. Street wheels and tires, just like on his avatar.
Old 08-25-15, 05:03 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Did you miss where I put 'STREET' in capital letters??? A drag radial or DOT tire like a Michelin Cup is not considered street buddy. That's why I put STREET. But yes, you're absolutely correct. I use my sports cars for touring, so any such tire is out of the question. Any performance numbers without a street tire are useless to me. And a street tire is considered up to the 'extreme summer' category. The PSSs are actually 'max summer', but perform better than most 'extreme summer' ones, like the ones the GTR came with. And yes, with such tires, there's simply no way in hell a C63 will be in the 2s. If he insists, somebody who lives close with a V-Box could prove him wrong quickly. And the reality is it won't be even close to 3 IMO. Maybe 3.5 at best, and that's without any cheating weight in the trunk, drag radials, etc. Street wheels and tires, just like on his avatar.
@ELP_JC You couldnt be anymore wrong about the capabilities of his car or how easy it is to get into the high 2s. Hell, Ive basically been there in my ISF making a lot less power than the Merc. Any car has the power to trap 130+ mph will be in the 2.8-3.2 range with a 1.6xx 60 foot.

A DOT Drag Radial is a STREET tire... Thats why its DOT legal
Old 08-25-15, 05:30 AM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
@ELP_JC You couldnt be anymore wrong about the capabilities of his car or how easy it is to get into the high 2s. Hell, Ive basically been there in my ISF making a lot less power than the Merc. Any car has the power to trap 130+ mph will be in the 2.8-3.2 range with a 1.6xx 60 foot.

A DOT Drag Radial is a STREET tire... Thats why its DOT legal
A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. Ya know? Arguing with me is like clapping with one hand. I have better things to do.

Now your IS-F is a car I want to hear more about...

Last edited by Sal Collaziano; 08-25-15 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-26-15, 06:39 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Beautiful Car Sal..... wow...
Old 08-26-15, 08:10 PM
Fysisist
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
Said no car guy ever....

You can have plenty of fun without getting into trouble. A late night...3am...a wide open road that is straight for a mile...you can have a LOT of fun with that XXX hp.
But it's really fun only when there is another car trying to run you... at least in my opinion. It's fun to run 0 - 60s and 0 - 100s for time, etc, but the real fun is a drag race.
Old 08-27-15, 07:32 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fysisist
But it's really fun only when there is another car trying to run you... at least in my opinion. It's fun to run 0 - 60s and 0 - 100s for time, etc, but the real fun is a drag race.
At the strip, yes - not on the street. There, it's fun until someone gets injured or worse - not worth it. The track is fun also.