RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Pulled over @90mph by CHP (California Highway Patrol)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-15, 02:42 PM
Akiho
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pulled over @90mph by CHP (California Highway Patrol)

Hi, ClubLexus Members,

Good afternoon and how are you? Just wondering if there are any Military Veterans on this board who are currently Active Duty, Retired or Prior Service? Just letting all members of all status to; "Please obey your Speed Limit on the Freeways and City Streets.

I was driving over 90mph, on the 10 freeway yesterday early morning and cut someone off really close because she was driving 60mph on the far left fast lane. I am really great at being careful, safety first, patient and courteous to fellow drivers. I was just impatient and had to zoom by her and cut her off on purpose to prove a point by getting out of the fastest lane with a "POS" sedan.

Bad idea because a CHP (California Highway Patrol) in a marked SUV was 5-8 cars behind and saw everything. I pulled over and exited and he (Hispanic) stated that he pulled me over for extremely speeding and cutting off someone too close. He asked for my Driver License, Registration, Insurance and Military ID. All he did was ask where I was going, where do I work, how long I have been at my home address and when I bought my car.

I was extremely polite, courteous and respectful by answering with, Officer and Sir, at the end of my sentences. He let me go with a warning to, "Please slow down and drive carefully, Bruce." My real name. I just thanked him and off we went.

Word of advice, Please drive carefully and respect your local Law Enforcement Agencies, guys and gals. I will not speed over 80mph for a while now. Before buying my RCF, I was pulled over a few times with my Toyota Tacoma and NEVER, EVER received a ticket for 13+ years. I ran yellow lights, speeding on city streets and freeways being pulled over by CHP, San Gabriel Police, Monterey Park Police, Alhambra Police, Sheriff's Department, and El Monte Police. I have been very, very fortunate to be let go with only a verbal warning. I am Asian (Chinese Cantonese) and have been pulled over by Asian, Caucasian, Hispanic and Black Law Enforcement Officers. Obviously, race has never been an issue against me.

For those members who are ex Military, active or retired, please invest in a $20 license plate holder like my attached pictures or some kind of stickers or decals. You will be given a chance but don't be arrogant, a ***** or too cocky, it doesn't get you anywhere.

Please drive safely and carefully, everyone. Does anyone else have good or bad stories with Law Enforcement? I definitely learned a lesson and will not drive like a freaking idiot. I could have caused an accident or something much worse.

Akiho
;-)

p.s. Yes, I am ex Army, Airborne and Mechanized Infantry but was NOT stationed at Fort Bragg, the 82nd Airborne Division. I was stationed @Fort Benning, GA and Fort Riley, KS. There were no other Army Special License Plates. Just in case there are fellow Paratroopers on this board.

Last edited by Akiho; 08-11-15 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Added a new picture..
Old 08-11-15, 02:54 PM
Blaze876
Advanced

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

I got pulled over Saturday night doing 85 mph. Long story short, I was really just keeping up with traffic (4 cars were around me doing the same speed, one even passed me). Yes, I know I was speeding so not mad at getting the ticket. By the way I was actually doing around 78-80 mph but the highway had a slope so the car picked up speed and he caught me right at that moment.

This is my first ever ticket and first time ever being pulled over too so it is not a common occurrence for me to be speeding. Was hoping he gave me a chance but he didn't. By the way I was courteous and even asked him how his night has been going haha.

Reason for me speeding was I was driving my sister's car and it had no AC and the drivers window does not go down so I wanted to get home and not be hot haha.

$280 ticket

Last edited by Blaze876; 08-11-15 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-11-15, 03:07 PM
Akiho
Rookie

Originally Posted by Blaze876
I got pulled over Saturday night doing 85 mph. Long story short, I was really just keeping up with traffic (4 cars were around me doing the same speed, one even passed me). Yes, I know I was speeding so not mad at getting the ticket. By the way I was actually doing around 78-80 mph but the highway had a slope so the car picked up speed and he caught me right at that moment.

This is my first ever ticket and first time ever being pulled over too so it is not a common occurrence for me to be speeding. Was hoping he gave me a chance but he didn't. By the way I was courteous and even asked him how his night has been going haha.

Reason for me speeding was I was driving my sister's car and it had no AC and the drivers window does not go down so I wanted to get home and not be hot haha.

$280 ticket
Hi, Blaze876,

I am terribly sorry to hear that and hopefully, we will all learn a lesson with these stories. Even though the ticket was $280, it's not too hefty but yes, it's money that could have helped you in something else. Uh.. May I ask what state you live in? Are there points involved in your driver's license? How about traffic school?

Sorry for all of the questions but I never got a speeding ticket in California? I was going over 20mph, and most definitely been maybe $500 minimum. Uh... :-( my last speeding ticket was in Kansas back in 1994 going only 10mph. Once again, sorry to hear about your ticket, Blaze876.
Old 08-11-15, 03:14 PM
Blaze876
Advanced

Received 97 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Akiho
Hi, Blaze876,

I am terribly sorry to hear that and hopefully, we will all learn a lesson with these stories. Even though the ticket was $280, it's not too hefty but yes, it's money that could have helped you in something else. Uh.. May I ask what state you live in? Are there points involved in your driver's license? How about traffic school?

Sorry for all of the questions but I never got a speeding ticket in California? I was going over 20mph, and most definitely been maybe $500 minimum. Uh... :-( my last speeding ticket was in Kansas back in 1994 going only 10mph. Once again, sorry to hear about your ticket, Blaze876.
Haha yeah I learned my lesson. I live in florida (by the way I don't own a RCF, I own a GS). That $280 could have been used to do some mods haha.

In florida going over 20mph to 25mph I think is $280. I was doing exactly over 20mph so that is why I got that. Not sure if the rates are different in California.

As for the points and traffic school, I am not exactly sure. First ticket so I dont know about all the procedures / process. What I did was I went to ticket clinic yesterday and they guaranteed no points or traffic school or being on your record as long as it is your only ticket within 2 years. They say it will take 4-6 weeks so I will see how that goes.

No problem, glad the cop let you off with just a warning.
Old 08-11-15, 03:34 PM
Db750
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Akiho,

Thank you for sharing your story. You are absolutely correct; being courteous and admitting your fault goes a long way with law enforcement. I am not military, but have a few friends that are, and mentioning that usually helps as well!

Hope you are enjoying your RCF. Be safe out there!

Best,
Db750
Old 08-11-15, 06:47 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Thank you for your service.
Old 08-11-15, 08:12 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
^^^^This!
Old 08-12-15, 05:39 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Thanks for your service brother! I've been to Ft Bragg for a few schools back when I was in the Army. I was in 10th Mountain. I also got pulled this past Sunday but he never even asked for my license. He was so interested in talking about what kind of Lexus this was. I was trying to keep up with some friends in their GTR's...

Old 08-12-15, 08:29 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Prior Fort Benning to Fort Stewart resident here.... 24th Inf - 11M - Desert Shield

Yeah I've got a few encounters and like you, have never had a speeding ticket. Had nothing to do with my milltary service and have only had to badge my way out of a couple of encounters. How you carry yourself will matter much more than affiliations.
Old 08-12-15, 10:06 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Thanks to everyone on this forum and this thread for your service!

If you guys ever need anything, send me an email and I will try my best to take care of you guys! (aftermarket automotive parts related).

-Josh (jlee@modinjapan.com)
Old 08-13-15, 02:39 PM
Akiho
Rookie

Originally Posted by Db750
Hello Akiho,

Thank you for sharing your story. You are absolutely correct; being courteous and admitting your fault goes a long way with law enforcement. I am not military, but have a few friends that are, and mentioning that usually helps as well!

Hope you are enjoying your RCF. Be safe out there!

Best,
Db750
Hi Bd750,

Good afternoon and how are you? It's good to hear that you have some friends in the military. Yes, I have been very blessed, fortunate and lucky to be let off with verbal warnings only. Please drive safely, carefully and watch your speeding, buddy. Hehe..

Regards,
Akiho
Old 08-13-15, 02:42 PM
Akiho
Rookie

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Hi MisterSkiz & johhnyreb,

Good afternoon and how are you, guys? You are most welcome and just by saying "Thanks fur your service" really brightens up my day. Thank you very much, MisterSkiz and johhnyreb

Regards,
Akiho

Last edited by Akiho; 08-13-15 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Added a new name
Old 08-13-15, 02:54 PM
Akiho
Rookie

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Thanks for your service brother! I've been to Ft Bragg for a few schools back when I was in the Army. I was in 10th Mountain. I also got pulled this past Sunday but he never even asked for my license. He was so interested in talking about what kind of Lexus this was. I was trying to keep up with some friends in their GTR's...

Hi carnevino,

Good afternoon and how are you? Thank you very much for your Service too, buddy. I had some friends stationed @10th Mountain too. It's Fort Drum, right? I was stationed @Fort Riley, KS (Bravo & Echo Company, 1st Battalion & 16th Infantry) and Fort Benning, GA (Delta Company, 1st & 507th Airborne Jump School). I was supposed to be permanently stationed @Benning but my orders were changed last minute.

It's good to hear that you didn't get a ticket or any verbal warning, like me. Do you have any kind of stickers, emblems or special license plates so that Law Enforcement know of you being ex Military? Please drive safely, carefully and watch your speed, carnevino. Please don't let your GTR friends get you into any speed challenges. Hehe.. ;-) oh, that's a nice picture you posted.

Regards,
Akiho
Old 08-13-15, 03:06 PM
Akiho
Rookie

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Prior Fort Benning to Fort Stewart resident here.... 24th Inf - 11M - Desert Shield

Yeah I've got a few encounters and like you, have never had a speeding ticket. Had nothing to do with my milltary service and have only had to badge my way out of a couple of encounters. How you carry yourself will matter much more than affiliations.
Hi oohpapi44,

Good afternoon and how are you? Thank you very much for your Service, oohpapi44. It's so good to hear about other fellow RCF Veterans on this board. Yeah.. ;-)

It's so true on what you said about how you carry yourself but I always bust out my Army ID to let them know firsthand so Law Enforcement don't harass me. Of course I am an older person compared to these young Asian wannabe thugs in SoCal who pimp out their little import cars. I look the profile with my blonde hair and don't look near my age. I was once asked numerous questions before for being a passenger and once I showed my Army ID, he became a different person and much humble and friendly. Hehe.. This is why I go straight to my Army ID first.

I miss those good old days in Benning. Have you been pulled over and harrassed without showing any Military ID?

Regards,
Akiho
Old 08-13-15, 03:13 PM
Akiho
Rookie

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
Thanks to everyone on this forum and this thread for your service!

If you guys ever need anything, send me an email and I will try my best to take care of you guys! (aftermarket automotive parts related).

-Josh (jlee@modinjapan.com)
Hi ModInJapan,

Good afternoon and how are you? Thank you very, very much, ModInJapan. I always love reading your posts and opinions on certain matters. I just haven't responded to any of them. Yes, I will be looking to add some cosmetic interior LED lighting and smaller cosmetic things. I will definitely contact you soon. I have been busy working 6 days, 12 hour shifts. Hehe.. As for any major changes, I don't want to void my 7 year extended warranty. Please have a great day and the rest of the week, Josh.

Regards,
Akiho

Quick Reply: Pulled over @90mph by CHP (California Highway Patrol)