RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F GT3 doing well in VLN series

Old 08-02-15, 05:39 PM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RC F GT3 doing well in VLN series

Being a huge race fan, I have been excited at the prospect of being able to watch a RC F that more closely resembled the road car, in the hugely competitive GT3 landscape. I thought I would share this link from Lexus Enthusiast on the GT3 RC F. This was it's 2nd race in the series and finished just behind a Ford GT. The car looks incredible too!

While this is great, I heard rumors the North American GT3 version is still far from launching. Apparently it's times are still a ways off of the other GT3 spec cars. Here's to hoping we see some racing stateside sooner than later!

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2015/08/...ampaign=buffer
Old 08-03-15, 07:49 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The GT3 should run in tudor series in the gtd class next year. But it might not do the Daytona 24. Its doing ok in vln though. I think the Farnbacher brothers are a good pair of drivers and theyre doing a lot better than Emil Frey's RC F GT3.
Old 08-04-15, 06:33 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
The GT3 should run in tudor series in the gtd class next year. But it might not do the Daytona 24. Its doing ok in vln though. I think the Farnbacher brothers are a good pair of drivers and theyre doing a lot better than Emil Frey's RC F GT3.
Agreed. I've always been a fan of the Farnbacher's. I hope they do make it into GTD next year, but I would be even happier to see a competitive set of entries in the PWC. IMO that is the best racing in the US. The platform is there, it will just take some tuning and refinement. Until then I will be patiently waiting to see a RC F GT3 barreling down into turn 5 at Road America.....
Old 09-29-15, 10:38 AM
venom21
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not good news for this car, Lexus have taken it back to the drawing board to get more speed. Apparently it was so slow it couldn't even meet the BOP (balance of performance) minimum requirements. (For those who don't know BOP ensures that no one manufacturer has a dominant car.) YIkes.