RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus RC-F world trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-15, 05:40 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is talk about a V8 bi-turbo version coming out in 2017--the RCF-S--with 600+.

I don't understand what you mean by hunting for gears. When I ask for immediate acceleration with a "kick down" in sport + mode, automatic, it delivers. You may want to have that checked. However, if your car has minimal miles on it, it may be that the ECU is still learning your driving habits.

I would give it a good 1,000 miles to see if its responsiveness changes.

Good luck with the new F.

Originally Posted by aristott
Thanks... I did want the carbon package but didn't want to wait till April so I received this car in January and still have a factory carbon rear spoiler in the box. Since I have the Varis kit going on this weekend it didn't make sense to install the factory carbon spoiler.

Today I drove nearly 5 hours to south of Frankfurt Germany and really got to open it up on the no limit Autobahn. I find that when the car is on sport + it still hunts for gears if I floor it, it's not a good thing if we need the instant acceleration. The delay takes away the fun of having instant acceleration. I have plenty of experience on these roads and even grandma is on a mission to get to her destination quickly so if you are on the left lane and not in a hurry just move over.
So far this car does look great, it has grown on me more than ever, I hope Lexus can give many what they are asking for... this car with much more options:
1) leather dashboard (because it's too similar to the IS250/RC350)
2) Real alcantara headliner
3) nicer trims that does not look like the regular RC350 or IS250's, it's nearly $75k.
Just touches to at least be more competitive to the F Type Jaguar.
4) maybe wider front and rear fenders to look a bit different from the RC350 FSport
5) 550hp to match the AMG by turbo cars (we can't look like sitting ducks on the autobahn)

I hope Lexus does not take offense to this but it's just basic things a manufacturer should have to out class the rest.
Old 07-10-15, 05:51 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lighted door sills

Besides the enormous props you deserve for this entire thread and your journey, props for the quality of these two photos as well. Someone either knew what they were doing or got extremely lucky... Gorgeous.
Old 07-10-15, 02:52 PM
aristott
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On Auto while cruising if you really want instant power it does have problems pulling hard. Well I am use to owning GT-R's including a Nismo and a Mclaren which both have dual clutch transmissions. At 2500 miles it's definitely broken in and 300 miles on the Autobahn too.
Maybe there's a software update?
I can't complain on the looks and ride of this car, it's amazing. I got my biggest complains out of the way and the rest of the trip will focus on how this car turns out to be a great touring car.

Originally Posted by ISF001
There is talk about a V8 bi-turbo version coming out in 2017--the RCF-S--with 600+.

I don't understand what you mean by hunting for gears. When I ask for immediate acceleration with a "kick down" in sport + mode, automatic, it delivers. You may want to have that checked. However, if your car has minimal miles on it, it may be that the ECU is still learning your driving habits.

I would give it a good 1,000 miles to see if its responsiveness changes.

Good luck with the new F.
Old 07-10-15, 02:54 PM
aristott
Rookie

I will be near you on Saturday with Samuel who owns a GT-R. We can meet if you have time!

Originally Posted by e2c
Nice trip .. I live in Ramstein Germany area and will be picking up my RCF today from the dealer. I been waiting two months for mind to delivered , can't wait till I get mine on the road this weekend .. The dealer let me have a RC loaner for three weeks then the owner let me use his RCF as well .. Can't wait to take my RCF to Nürburgring..
Old 07-10-15, 06:45 PM
Venturi
Driver School Candidate

Curious

Where did you get the CF door sils?

I love them
Old 07-10-15, 07:32 PM
aristott
Rookie

Check with Bulletproof on the sills.

Originally Posted by Venturi
Curious

Where did you get the CF door sils?

I love them
Old 07-12-15, 02:00 AM
aristott
Rookie

Here's more photos of my German trip

At Auto Oswald in Wiesloch Germany. It's a Toyota dealer and Lexus service center. Many U.S. Service members uses this dealer.

Just some cleaning

More cleaning

With my friend Sam

Beautiful corvette
Old 07-16-15, 02:07 AM
aristott
Rookie

More pics

Nurburgring

Nurburgring

Nurburgring

Old 07-16-15, 05:11 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

On Auto while cruising if you really want instant power it does have problems pulling hard. Well I am use to owning GT-R's including a Nismo and a Mclaren which both have dual clutch transmissions. At 2500 miles it's definitely broken in and 300 miles on the Autobahn too.
Maybe there's a software update?
I can't complain on the looks and ride of this car, it's amazing. I got my biggest complains out of the way and the rest of the trip will focus on how this car turns out to be a great touring car.
Without a doubt the tranny needs a software upgrade. I have been saying this since the first week I have owned it. I suppose it is all in what you are used to driving. I can only drive my RC F in Sport + manual mode or I get a bit annoyed. This 8 gear stuff seems a bit gimmickry to me.

Awesome journey. You are living the dream. Congrats and enjoy!
Old 07-16-15, 11:16 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Man ur living the life, im soo jealous....i want to have a career like urs..lol..u have deep pocket..lol...enjoy!!!!
Old 07-16-15, 11:25 AM
aristott
Rookie

Many people can enjoy a trip like this, BMW and Mercedes offers Euro delivery and clubs have get togethers all the time, a trip like this could cost you very little once you do a euro delivery on a car around the same price range or any car in their line up. One day Lexus will offer Euro delivery so customers can experience these tracks and different mountain passes to enhance the ownership experience.
I am very much liking my RCF on this long road trip, if it had a dual clutch transmission with the same power it would have helped with response at any speed.
Old 07-17-15, 08:05 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Many people can enjoy a trip like this, BMW and Mercedes offers Euro delivery and clubs have get togethers all the time, a trip like this could cost you very little once you do a euro delivery on a car around the same price range or any car in their line up. One day Lexus will offer Euro delivery so customers can experience these tracks and different mountain passes to enhance the ownership experience.
I am very much liking my RCF on this long road trip, if it had a dual clutch transmission with the same power it would have helped with response at any speed.
While it will never be on the level of sequential, a simple remapping should make a marked improvement.
Old 07-19-15, 08:52 PM
aristott
Rookie

Very true, I have to only drive on sport plus to get get a somewhat responsive transmission. On regular sport the car constantly falls on its face when on Automatic. My girlfriend quickly gave me the keys back today and said it seems the car is broken because of the response, I put it on sport plus and she want it on the regular sport so it won't be so aggressive in city driving. So yes just a remap is needed.

Originally Posted by DougHII
While it will never be on the level of sequential, a simple remapping should make a marked improvement.
Old 07-19-15, 08:57 PM
aristott
Rookie

Driving in Austria

Fresh sea food with pasta

Varis rear spoiler from bulletproof auto

Old 07-21-15, 02:46 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Thumbs up

Soo your modding on the GO... Love it...

You purposely added the JDM spec elongated rear bumper & fender extenders..??

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 07-21-15 at 02:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus RC-F world trip