RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF vs CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-15, 05:12 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Swacer
I agree, I LOVE the 2014 CTS-V coupe and sedan. Both very sharp cars and the LSA is a solid and proven motor.

And you will always have tough guys on the Internet because they can hide behind their keyboard.

However, they would never say that stuff at a car meet because if someone like tool bag above went claiming a grand to beat a RC-F, chances are that the person will be told to put their money where their mouth is.
You're so right, but as we know there are always going to be "keyboard cowboys"..

What I don't get is when people come on to another brands forum (Lexus) and then get upset when their car from another brand (Cadillac) is being knocked..

I own a CTS-V coupe and didn't take offense to some of the comments, after all it is an RC-F forum. I may have laughed at the ignorance of some of the posts I read but chose not to get in to a pissing contest from behind my keyboard.
Old 12-03-15, 05:55 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
I can candidly say I have never once been on or even considered searching for a Cadilac owners' forum. Why would I, unless perhaps I wasn't really happy with what I had and was considering a Caddie.
There is nothing wrong with being a member of many forums of cars that you find interesting. You follow those communities and correspond with the owners. Heck, I belong to, LS1tech, Camaro5, here, GT-R life, Raptor Forums, Tundra Forums, Viper Forums, C7 Z06 Forums, and a couple others.

Do I go on there to downtalk them? No. But there's nothing wrong with being part of their forums.
Old 12-03-15, 08:31 AM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Comparing an RCF to a sedan??? Internet tough guys if someone thinks the Caddies look crappy? Last I looked, this is not a Caddy forum. I agree it would be in poor taste to go over to a car forum for a car one does not own to be negative about that car. Lol, who does that? I can candidly say I have never once been on or even considered searching for a Cadilac owners' forum. Why would I, unless perhaps I wasn't really happy with what I had and was considering a Caddie.
I did cross shop an RC-F and CTS-V along with any other $80k performance car that had a back seat that would fit my daughter's infant seat. I wanted something that was like my IS-F performance wise so naturally I looked at RC-F. Loved the looks of both the V and the RC but realized 4 doors is better for me now. I check in on this forum cause I want to see how u guys are enjoying the RC-F and if I don't enjoy the V next yr then I will prob get RC-F when she is in front facing car seat. I don't troll the forum spouting off comparing my V to ur RC cars, I just keep myself informed on the car. I prob should not have cared that some of u guys think the V is garbage or ugly, this isn't a V forum and I know that. I only responded to this thread cause I saw it was comparing the 2 cars I was deciding between.
Old 12-03-15, 11:11 AM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

There is nothing wrong with being a member of many forums of cars that you find interesting. You follow those communities and correspond with the owners. Heck, I belong to, LS1tech, Camaro5, here, GT-R life, Raptor Forums, Tundra Forums, Viper Forums, C7 Z06 Forums, and a couple others.

Do I go on there to downtalk them? No. But there's nothing wrong with being part of their forums.
Holy smokes, aI guess I just don't have that kind of time in my hands . . . or interest.
Old 12-04-15, 06:42 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I trade cars often, and if it takes me 2 hours a night to visit various forums (Lexus, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, etc.) to see how owners feel about their cars it is worth it because it may influence my decision on my next car.

I don't go onto those forums to bash their cars, but I do see certain members in this forum who are more than willing to bash any competitor's car (describing the S5 as a POS on the inside and outside, which is laughable) so I defend it. I have no lack of self esteem as someone mentioned earlier. I'm simply proud of what I have and want others to know what a great car it is in case they are also in the market for one.
Old 12-04-15, 07:56 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I trade cars often, and if it takes me 2 hours a night to visit various forums (Lexus, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, etc.) to see how owners feel about their cars it is worth it because it may influence my decision on my next car.

I don't go onto those forums to bash their cars, but I do see certain members in this forum who are more than willing to bash any competitor's car (describing the S5 as a POS on the inside and outside, which is laughable) so I defend it. I have no lack of self esteem as someone mentioned earlier. I'm simply proud of what I have and want others to know what a great car it is in case they are also in the market for one.
Oh lawdy, the PC brigade is out in force on car forums also?!?!?!? Too funny! Now it's inappropriate to express negative opinions about cars also? Lol, people need to frickin toughen up in this world if they cannot handle someone thinking their car looks ugly or has a cheap finish.

Let's just make all cars look the same and give all kids a trophy so no one will go home sad or get their feelings hurt.
Old 12-04-15, 08:10 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like turtles.