RCF vs RCF

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-15, 07:51 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RCF vs RCF

Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone has had any friendly runs with other RCF's. Anyone with a Torsen ran against TVD? What was the outcome?

I was recently in Mexico and ran my Torsen against another Torsen, it wasn't pretty. We ran about 6-7 times from a roll at 30/45mph, each run I pulled at least 5 car lengths up to 130. Both cars stock, both cars only had a driver in it, both cars on 93 octane. My car has 4,500 miles vs 6,500 miles. I thought this was quite odd.
Old 06-21-15, 08:03 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Not Sure WHY that would be Other than the Drivers & IF both of ya'll had it in Manual Mode OR in Auto Mode! No Videos?
Old 06-21-15, 08:11 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

QUOTE=Raykwon02;9084935]Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone has had any friendly runs with other RCF's. Anyone with a Torsen ran against TVD? What was the outcome?

I was recently in Mexico and ran my Torsen against another Torsen, it wasn't pretty. We ran about 6-7 times from a roll at 30/45mph, each run I pulled at least 5 car lengths up to 130. Both cars stock, both cars only had a driver in it, both cars on 93 octane. My car has 4,500 miles vs 6,500 miles. I thought this was quite odd.[/QUOTE]

You Must have put about 2k of those miles on your RCF driving to Mexico huh? WHERE did you find another RCF in Mexico (unless it was a drug runner)? Lol!
Old 06-21-15, 08:49 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,210 Likes on 631 Posts

It seems this is the case when the cars are put on a dyno too. I've seen some cars online dyno at 390rwhp and others at 340rwhp... very weird. Maybe your car just puts out more power? Or your friend got a poorly performing car?
Old 06-22-15, 12:16 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raykwon02
Hello All,

I was recently in Mexico and ran my Torsen against another Torsen, it wasn't pretty. We ran about 6-7 times from a roll at 30/45mph, each run I pulled at least 5 car lengths up to 130. Both cars stock, both cars only had a driver in it, both cars on 93 octane. My car has 4,500 miles vs 6,500 miles. I thought this was quite odd.
I'd be curious about how you broke your car in? Did you break it in hard like a Porsche, or soft like USDM recommendations?
Old 06-22-15, 03:49 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
I'd be curious about how you broke your car in? Did you break it in hard like a Porsche, or soft like USDM recommendations?
I believe in a hard break in, or perhaps I am just immature and impatient. That does not mean red line every day and every time you are in the car, but varying the rev, loads and etc. I have been told that the worst thing you can is cruise around at low and consistent rpms over longer distances. If taking a road trip in new car, I always put in manual mode, use different gars while cruising to vary the rpms and loads.

New car tolerances are so much better these days I don't you are going to hurt anything one way or the other.
Old 06-23-15, 08:27 AM
sraesmit
Rookie

Agreed. Break it in like how you wanna to drive it after break in. Just like motorcycle engines.

Originally Posted by DougHII
I believe in a hard break in, or perhaps I am just immature and impatient. That does not mean red line every day and every time you are in the car, but varying the rev, loads and etc. I have been told that the worst thing you can is cruise around at low and consistent rpms over longer distances. If taking a road trip in new car, I always put in manual mode, use different gars while cruising to vary the rpms and loads.

New car tolerances are so much better these days I don't you are going to hurt anything one way or the other.
Old 06-24-15, 09:10 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Raykwon, you still out there? I Hope you're Not stuck in one of those Mexican Jails, i've heard Horror Stories about them!
Old 06-24-15, 09:40 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
It seems this is the case when the cars are put on a dyno too. I've seen some cars online dyno at 390rwhp and others at 340rwhp... very weird. Maybe your car just puts out more power? Or your friend got a poorly performing car?
That's because dynos don't all read the same and some people post corrected versus uncorrected numbers. Dynos are really tuning tools that give people a non-essential number to brag about, when really it's reference that you use when tuning.
Old 06-25-15, 07:09 AM
Raykwon02
Driver

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
I would say I broke in the car harder than most would. After 300 miles I drove it like I stole it, also took the car up to 165 when it had less than 600 miles. Serviced it at 700 miles and again at 4,000.
Old 06-26-15, 05:58 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

The performance difference between the cars is a normal thing due to the difference in driver ability. Believe it or not, some people dont know how to listen for the beep and pull the paddle.
Old 06-26-15, 09:03 AM
Raykwon02
Driver

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
The performance difference between the cars is a normal thing due to the difference in driver ability. Believe it or not, some people dont know how to listen for the beep and pull the paddle.

We also ran in full auto on sport+, same result as paddles. I even let him get the hit and I reacted to his acceleration and still passed and pulled on him. We both agreed there shouldn't be that much of a difference.

Last edited by Raykwon02; 06-26-15 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-26-15, 11:42 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Raykwon02
We also ran in full auto on sport+, same result as paddles. I even let him get the hit and I reacted to his acceleration and still passed and pulled on him. We both agreed there shouldn't be that much of a difference.
Should have switched cars and ran.

But now:

You make a couple of runs vs a clock and have him do the same. Then see who is under or over performing.
Old 06-26-15, 10:35 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

A couple things to consider, since you're driving the same car, is if the fuel level was the same(6.3lbs per gallon of gas adds up), how much weigh difference there is between the drivers, and if he hand more stuff in his car. But it still wouldn't make that big of a difference.
If you have a local drag strip, see how far the cars are off when you both get a decent pass. If the difference is still that large, it'd be around 3-6mph trap speed difference, he might have issues and should bring it to the dealer. Even with different break-ins, the difference should not be that great. Assuming the stuff I mentioned was equal, or at least fairly close, the difference shouldn't be that great. Doing some benchracing math, that'd be a 30-40 rwhp difference right there. That's huge for the same car. So large, I'd think something is wrong.