RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-17, 04:20 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Well not today. Thanks Lou at Mod In Japan for the quick and excellent service. Thanks to pheen619 for the motivation.

The wheel makes the car feel/look even more special and now more even CF distribution in the cabin

Old 05-29-17, 09:30 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

is that toms steering wheel just as thick as the oem steering wheel?
Old 05-29-17, 10:37 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
is that toms steering wheel just as thick as the oem steering wheel?
Unfortunately not. I have some mixed feelings about it.

1. Top part is probably the same as stock. But the pistol grips due to the contouring makes it feels smaller. But at same time feels easier to grip and less squishy than stock so you don't have to use too much gripping to make sure you have the wheel. The bottom is certainly thinner. It's probably a matter of getting used to.
2. Aesthetically it's pleasing because now you have some cf on the driver side. I think that's enough for me to keep the wheel. Overall elevates the interior. Makes it feel even more special.
3. Lose out on the quality and the luxurious feel of the stock steering wheel. The CF is nice but on close inspection some of the weaving has thinner fibers. Not uniform like Lexus. Also lose out the beautiful stitching and F emblem. The details...
Old 05-29-17, 10:47 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by LXSDO
Well not today. Thanks Lou at Mod In Japan for the quick and excellent service. Thanks to pheen619 for the motivation.

The wheel makes the car feel/look even more special and now more even CF distribution in the cabin
It looks great Hao!
Old 05-30-17, 04:44 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Old 05-30-17, 10:34 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

haha...congrats! Sounds great
Old 05-30-17, 12:03 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Kramer
Thanks to Need4Speed for the Stance SF01 in brushed titanium 19" wheels
Thanks to Meraki Autoworks for the Swift Spec-R springs
Thanks to Goodridge for the stainless steel braided brake lines
Thanks to myself for giving her a bath!!!
I love the looks of the wheels and lowering, ride is also very compliant and near stock while cruising, but they sure make turns a whole lot more fun!!!
Looks amazing Chis! Thank you for the post.

Tiko
The following users liked this post:
Kramer (05-30-17)
Old 05-30-17, 08:25 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4Speed
Looks amazing Chis! Thank you for the post.

Tiko
Thanks! Sorry it took so long to post pics. I had mixed feelings on the wheels until I got the car lowered......but I love them now! Thanks again for the great service and great price!!
Old 05-31-17, 03:36 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Kramer
Thanks! Sorry it took so long to post pics. I had mixed feelings on the wheels until I got the car lowered......but I love them now! Thanks again for the great service and great price!!
Its all good, thank you! Lowering the vehicle is as important as the wheels. Good thing you lowered, love the way it looks.
Kramer (06-01-17)
Old 06-06-17, 07:25 PM
raerae1616
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Finally got around to installing my LED taillight/blinker and reverse light upgrades! I used these iJDMToy no-resister no hypefflash bulbs that use an IC protection instead of resistor to prevent hyperflash. Initial tests worked perfectly! I also upgrade the reverse bulbs to a brighter LED using these Samsung LED bulbs also from iJDMToy. The tail lights look much better now without the "egg yolk" discoloration from the orange blinker bulbs, and these are significantly brighter to the eye in daylight! I've attached a quick video showing the difference between the upgraded bulbs on the driver's side, vs the original OEM bulbs on the passenger side. You can also see how much cleaner they look even when the lights are off, this is how the tail lights should have looked and worked from the factory!

The installation was easier than I expected since I didn't have to worry about any resistors or heat issues . . . simply by swapping the bulbs using this DIY from the RC 350 thread as the guide.

The following 4 users liked this post by raerae1616:
2Insane (06-08-17), 647TTA (07-23-17), corradoMR2 (07-26-17), JT2MA71 (07-23-17)
Old 07-22-17, 05:13 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by raerae1616
Finally got around to installing my LED taillight/blinker and reverse light upgrades! I used these iJDMToy no-resister no hypefflash bulbs that use an IC protection instead of resistor to prevent hyperflash. Initial tests worked perfectly! I also upgrade the reverse bulbs to a brighter LED using these Samsung LED bulbs also from iJDMToy. The tail lights look much better now without the "egg yolk" discoloration from the orange blinker bulbs, and these are significantly brighter to the eye in daylight! I've attached a quick video showing the difference between the upgraded bulbs on the driver's side, vs the original OEM bulbs on the passenger side. You can also see how much cleaner they look even when the lights are off, this is how the tail lights should have looked and worked from the factory!

The installation was easier than I expected since I didn't have to worry about any resistors or heat issues . . . simply by swapping the bulbs using this DIY from the RC 350 thread as the guide.

https://youtu.be/56e3loLtyWQ

Sweet! Any issues since installation?
Old 07-22-17, 11:08 AM
LXSDO
Advanced

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I bought same setup. No problems. The one thing is that it's really bright!!! Blinding even because the lens is clear. Also the LEDs are orange almost neon and so you can see it through the lens when not lit.

Last edited by LXSDO; 07-22-17 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-23-17, 05:59 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by LXSDO
I bought same setup. No problems. The one thing is that it's really bright!!! Blinding even because the lens is clear. Also the LEDs are orange almost neon and so you can see it through the lens when not lit.

Nice!

When ordering, do you select "Amber"?
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/No-Hyper-Fl...s-p/20-085.htm

If you don't, the turn signal might be clear white? For the RC F I would assume we need to order the "Amber" option since the light housing is clear...

Thanks!
Old 07-23-17, 07:08 AM
LXSDO
Advanced

Nice!

When ordering, do you select "Amber"?
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/No-Hyper-Fl...s-p/20-085.htm

If you don't, the turn signal might be clear white? For the RC F I would assume we need to order the "Amber" option since the light housing is clear...

Thanks!
Yes, Amber and you only need quantity 1. It comes in pair.
corradoMR2 (07-26-17)
Old 07-23-17, 03:42 PM
raerae1616
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Nope, I've not had any issues at all with either the blinkers (turn signal indicators) or the reverse light bulbs I bought -- that I'm aware of; I don't specifically look at them to validate them too often, but at night they all seem to work perfectly.

Quick Reply: What Have You Done To Your RC F Today?