RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Apexi N1-X Exhaust

Old 05-20-15, 01:18 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I see that it is an H pipe. Do any other companies make it in H pipe? Most are X pipes which give better gains on top end but gives it a higher tone. H pipe has a much deeper sound to them.
Old 05-22-15, 03:22 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Heard this exhaust in person, sounds good, little quiet for my taste though!

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (07-06-18)
Old 05-27-15, 09:38 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any update on this?
Old 05-29-15, 10:34 AM
jonjonv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joe Z

I'm sure this question has come up before but I'm dying to upgrade my RC-F with Joe-Z parts...I used to buy from L Tuned parts for my IS-F. Does anyone know if Joe is making parts yet?
Old 05-29-15, 11:43 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jonjonv
I'm sure this question has come up before but I'm dying to upgrade my RC-F with Joe-Z parts...I used to buy from L Tuned parts for my IS-F. Does anyone know if Joe is making parts yet?

Yep, he just finished his exhaust and I believe is currently testing out his new intake at this time
Old 05-29-15, 11:52 AM
jonjonv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Yep, he just finished his exhaust and I believe is currently testing out his new intake at this time
awesome news!
Old 05-29-15, 10:59 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
I couldn't find a website or store for him, mostly facebook or twitter (i don't do either) does he have a actual site you can go to to check on different items, prices? i actually seen where a couple of people had said they had inquired about a few things & hadn't gotten a response back in over a month! Thanks! also RastaRacer what's going on with your set-up?
Old 05-30-15, 10:36 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I couldn't find a website or store for him, mostly facebook or twitter (i don't do either) does he have a actual site you can go to to check on different items, prices? i actually seen where a couple of people had said they had inquired about a few things & hadn't gotten a response back in over a month! Thanks! also RastaRacer what's going on with your set-up?

Hey Guys if you have any questions about either the Joe Z Exhaust System that intake thats coming out in a few weeks, or about the APEXi system I work closely with both and can answer any questions you may have!

Just let m eknow!

Regards,

Steven @ Mod in Japan
Old 05-30-15, 12:11 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
Hey Guys if you have any questions about either the Joe Z Exhaust System that intake thats coming out in a few weeks, or about the APEXi system I work closely with both and can answer any questions you may have!

Just let m eknow!

Regards,

Steven @ Mod in Japan

Any before and after dyno plots or on road sound?
Old 05-30-15, 03:19 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ModInJapan

Just let m eknow!

Regards,

Steven @ Mod in Japan
Thanks Steven! I saw ya'lls website & it had JoeZ exhaust but no prices or options (i was also wondering about the air intake price & whether its just cosmetic or does it add a few HP) you can just pm me if you want. it looked ya'll carry a lot of items but i didn't see anything for the RC-F! Thanks!
Old 06-01-15, 01:29 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
Any before and after dyno plots or on road sound?
Working on a video right now with dyno and driveby sound clip, should be releasing it in a day or so !!

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Thanks Steven! I saw ya'lls website & it had JoeZ exhaust but no prices or options (i was also wondering about the air intake price & whether its just cosmetic or does it add a few HP) you can just pm me if you want. it looked ya'll carry a lot of items but i didn't see anything for the RC-F! Thanks!
Hey!

Still finalizing details on the Joe-Z Systems, we will announce that info shortly for you on the forum! Ill send you a PM with my info just in case you have any questions!
Old 10-28-16, 01:05 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 193 Likes on 107 Posts

Is there any added drone noticeable in the cabin with this exhaust upgrade?
Old 10-31-16, 12:52 PM
Dsully
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a little bit of drone at highway speeds, but nothing that the stereo cannot cover up.
Old 10-31-16, 01:52 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

^^^^HaHa I guess that's what makes the world go round. I never play the sound system, ever. I'd much rather listen to intake and exhaust sounds. The intake and exhaust on my truck is also modified. Never play the radio in my truck either.

Lou
Old 10-31-16, 06:48 PM
CYKBC
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

It's the best looking rcf exhaust available today, imho, and the resonated version is just the right amount of tuned noise. There is a bit of drone under load, partial throttle at higher gears. I was a bit miffed at first, but have gotten used to it over time as I tend to drive at higher RPMs where possible. With the factory exhaust, I drove slower and in auto mode more often (quiet all the time so wasn't inspired to be on it). The drone effect increases with a passenger in the car. Needless to say, I found the non-resonated sound a bit jarring well beyond my tolerance level for cabin noise.

I highly dislike the shiny chrome tin can look that seems to be popular with the JDM scene. Cheapens the look of the car. The Apex'i unit minimizes the muffler can section wrapping it tightly around the pipe to resemble a single piece. I had mine ceramic coated black to make it look very factory like Porsche does as well as other select manufacturers who've been in this game longer than Lexus.

I got a chance to meet the Apexi guys who did my install. Chill dudes. They put in a lot of R&D time to ensure OEM-like fitment. Well done!

Last edited by CYKBC; 10-31-16 at 06:56 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Apexi N1-X Exhaust