RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F Aftermarket Wheels (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-19, 02:21 PM
raneyboo
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I experienced similar issues when inquiring 20" wheels with a step lip and/or lower offsets(RC F runs a stock high offset). After working with Dan over at BC Forged, I ended up pulling the trigger on a new set. He was extremely helpful, detailed to spec, and even provides some CAD sketches/renderings of the wheels. I'm certain he can assist with 19" wheel options. Another RC F member currently runs some 19" BC Forged wheels as well. I believe his IG is @nvmyrcf. Just a recommendation.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (05-07-19)
Old 04-24-19, 03:31 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by raneyboo
I experienced similar issues when inquiring 20" wheels with a step lip and/or lower offsets(RC F runs a stock high offset). After working with Dan over at BC Forged, I ended up pulling the trigger on a new set. He was extremely helpful, detailed to spec, and even provides some CAD sketches/renderings of the wheels. I'm certain he can assist with 19" wheel options. Another RC F member currently runs some 19" BC Forged wheels as well. I believe his IG is @nvmyrcf. Just a recommendation.
I also asked for a quote from BC direct and couldn't get a good price at all. Did you get a deal? Surprised you didn't shop with another vendor.
Old 04-24-19, 05:32 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default This one?

Will look him up. I think this thread has a Member w them and ironically another member likes the very same model I do!
Definitely a killer wheel, Dan was extremely friendly and helpful. No other vendors helped me on BCs.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...e-caliper.html
Old 05-06-19, 01:51 PM
ccdan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some 19" eye candy! 19x8.5 +10 front 19x11.0 +38 rear with 245/35/19's and 305/30/19's. Need to find them a new home if any one is interest for cheap.

Thanks for the compliment!

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Will look him up. I think this thread has a Member w them and ironically another member likes the very same model I do!
Definitely a killer wheel, Dan was extremely friendly and helpful. No other vendors helped me on BCs.

Glad I could help out!
GunnyFitz (05-07-19)
Old 05-07-19, 02:46 PM
OURISF
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Hey maybe a stupid question but have a friend with a RC 350 F Sport. The RCF can take a more aggressive wheel and tire size...both front and rear correct?
Old 05-08-19, 03:23 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by OURISF
Hey maybe a stupid question but have a friend with a RC 350 F Sport. The RCF can take a more aggressive wheel and tire size...both front and rear correct?
that is correct sir.

totally different size and offset for RC and RC-F
Old 05-09-19, 02:23 PM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I'd rather take a loss on the sale to help get me into a set of 19" wheels - which has proven to be extremely unsuccessful since no one makes a staggered set of 19s that clear the brake calipers on the RCF (Except Lexus of course!)
Not sure I agree with you on this statement Gunny... there are quite a few wheels in the 19x9 +30 to 19x10 +40 range that work just fine on the fronts, and 19x10 +40 work great as a square on all four setup too. I'd be happy to put a list together of some contenders for you if the help is desired...
Old 05-09-19, 03:08 PM
OURISF
Driver

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
that is correct sir.

Thanks for the response.
Old 05-09-19, 05:18 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

This is one of my favorite 19's...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...ssr-gtx01.html
Old 05-10-19, 03:26 PM
OURISF
Driver

Ferrada FR3 20x9 (255/30/20) / 20x10.5 (285/30/20)

The following 2 users liked this post by OURISF:
BossMoss (05-17-19), SoSlow (05-11-19)
Old 05-13-19, 09:34 AM
ccdan
Driver

Originally Posted by OURISF
The fronts are different however the rears are exact the same. Obviously pad heights may change due to the caliper differences between the two but that has nothing to do with the width of wheel the car can accept.

that is correct sir.

This is incorrect information. Same thing applies to the 2IS and an IS-F and 4GS and a GS-F. All the rear fitment is exactly the same just the fronts are different due to the fenders being wider.
Old 05-13-19, 10:06 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Originally Posted by ccdan
The fronts are different however the rears are exact the same. Obviously pad heights may change due to the caliper differences between the two but that has nothing to do with the width of wheel the car can accept.

This is incorrect information. Same thing applies to the 2IS and an IS-F and 4GS and a GS-F. All the rear fitment is exactly the same just the fronts are different due to the fenders being wider.
Incorrect?
the RC OEM wheels are 19x8+45 while the RCF is 19x9+50 for the front, as for the rear, RC OEM is 19x9.5 +55 while the RCF is 19x10+40.
Its not just the brake clearance that changed between the RC and RCF, , the suspension is completely different from the RC and RC-F, allowing the F to fit wider wheels and less offset.

As for the aftermarket wheels option, RCF can take 1 inch wider wheels with 15-20mm less offset both front and rear. Not to mention the rear quarter panel on the RCF is wider
GunnyFitz (05-14-19)
Old 05-13-19, 11:57 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^Your specifications are off. The fronts are correct. However, for the rear OEM wheel for the RWD RC350 FSport is 19x9, offset 60mm. The RCF is 19x10, offset 46mm.

Lou
The following 2 users liked this post by flowrider:
BossMoss (05-17-19), GunnyFitz (05-14-19)
Old 05-13-19, 12:05 PM
ccdan
Driver

Incorrect?
the RC OEM wheels are 19x8+45 while the RCF is 19x9+50 for the front, as for the rear, RC OEM is 19x9.5 +55 while the RCF is 19x10+40.
Its not just the brake clearance that changed between the RC and RCF, , the suspension is completely different from the RC and RC-F, allowing the F to fit wider wheels and less offset.

As for the aftermarket wheels option, RCF can take 1 inch wider wheels with 15-20mm less offset both front and rear. Not to mention the rear quarter panel on the RCF is wider
The oem wheels really have nothing to do with this as all the oem wheels fit so horribly to the fenders and suspension you could swap them between the two cars (granted they cleared the brakes) and they would work. I'm assuming that really wasn't your point but most upgraded packaged cars come with more aggressive wheels and wheel specs so just a hard thing to reference to in general. The suspension for wheel clearance conversation are identical between the cars which is coming in past platforms for Lexus. Obviously the RCF has different shocks, springs, etc however there location for clearance purposes are the same. Where I might eat my words is that the rear quarters are same; I looked back at some other setups and it does look like the RC-F might be very slightly wider in the rear but extremely hard to tell in photos if so. I'd assume if that is true your 15mm is pretty accurate based off of wheel specs and fender fitment of lowered cars with aftermarket wheels. I haven't messed with anything below a RC-F and assumed like always they were the same as it makes the most since production cost wise. Due to so I'll retract my statement until I have one to mess with in hand.
GunnyFitz (05-14-19)
Old 05-13-19, 02:41 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Your specifications are off. The fronts are correct. However, for the rear OEM wheel for the RWD RC350 FSport is 19x9, offset 60mm. The RCF is 19x10, offset 46mm.

Lou
Thank you for the clarification sir.
GunnyFitz (10-21-19)

Quick Reply: RC F Aftermarket Wheels (Merged Threads)