RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Aftermarket exhaust options?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-19, 03:59 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Here are some videos of my F making some noise! Videos really don't do it justice! Having PPE equal length headers, combined with the bazooka exhaust by RR racing, along with Password JDMs intake really makes the car sound completely different. Prior to upgrading these performance mods, I had done a resonator delete on my exhaust and that gave my car a slight growl tone when pushing hard similar to a V8 mustang-ish. After I got rid of the resonator delete and put the Bazooka on it completely changed the way my car sounded by giving the exhaust a very loud deeper tone but not raspy or cheap sounding. It really gave depth to the sound and made the car sound very aggressive. Shortly after the bazooka, I installed my PPE equal length headers and WOW! Talk about night and day! I believe by adding the headers it gave my car a totally different sound I never knew it could even make! The exhaust sound changed from deep, musclely, and aggressive to something I only heard in video games or from premium high end supercars! This is my opinion, but I really think that this combination of bolt ons really gave my F a very distinct high pitched exhaust note. I noticed the change in sound immediately, I couldn't believe my ears on how amazing the car sounded. The high pitched sound gives the car a new identity when pushing hard. Nothing can compare to the smooth, exotic, high pitched pleasing tone that is unmistakably unique and extremely addicting! I get compliments all the time with people asking what I have done to the car as well as people constantly turning their heads! I cannot be any happier with the decisions/upgrades I made to make this happen. I really believe that the equal length headers is the main ingredient that makes the exhaust note sound so unique and exotic! If you've got the extra dough to fork up, i'd highly recommend the equal length by Novel or PPE combined with whatever exhaust you choose to switch to. These videos really don't do this full system justice but if anyone is in the OC area, feel free to hit me up and i'll be more than willing to meet up and show anyone interested! If you're on the fence about upgrading your exhaust system or headers I hope this was somewhat helpful, anyone with questions, feel free to ask!

Bazooka
(OPEN VALVES)
(CLOSED VALVES)

Bazooka + PPE EL Headers

Last edited by mjn88; 02-13-19 at 05:00 AM.
Old 02-13-19, 07:59 AM
Blze001
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm assuming if I'm in a state with yearly emissions inspections, my options are pretty much limited to axle-back systems?
Old 02-13-19, 03:18 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Blze001
I'm assuming if I'm in a state with yearly emissions inspections, my options are pretty much limited to axle-back systems?
you can pass smog with a cat back system. Our cars have two sets of cars. You should still be able to pass with an aftermarket exhaust. Headers on the other hands would make you catless, unless you get high flow cats

Last edited by mjn88; 02-14-19 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-14-19, 12:00 PM
Blze001
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mjn88
you can pass smog with a cat back system. Our cars have two sets of cars. You should still be able to pass with an aftermarket exhaust. Headers on the other hands would make you catless, unless you get high flow cars.
Thanks for the input. I really like how the Borla system sounds, good to know it's still on the table.
Old 02-15-19, 09:46 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Thanks for the input. I really like how the Borla system sounds, good to know it's still on the table.
Contact us for the Borla one!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-15-19, 09:55 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

The Borla is loud enough to sound like you also have headers when you dont. Ive had the JOE Z and Apexi with headers and prefer the apexi. if i didnt have headers i would do borla for sure
Old 05-01-19, 11:32 PM
sensai
Advanced

Received 619 Likes on 217 Posts

I have this one in my sights. PPE Engineering dual exhaust dual mode. Was considering the Amrytrix until I read someone say it sounded tinny (if that's a word - but a tin sound basically). No offense to anyone with the system and I'm still a fan but after I read that - I heard it on several clips. Looking for a deeper sound with valves.

Thanks Joshua at Meraki and BossMoss for answering my questions.

Last edited by sensai; 05-01-19 at 11:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (05-03-19)
Old 07-17-19, 11:29 PM
sensai
Advanced

Received 619 Likes on 217 Posts

Sound is exactly what I was looking for. No drone on closed valves. Valves are open on a cold start. I close them right after until :30 then they're open until :51. You can see the valve closing at the end on the far left tip.

Pls excuse the cr@ppy video quality. Sound quality is on par but like most things the video itself doesn't do it justice.

Last edited by sensai; 07-17-19 at 11:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (07-18-19)