RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RCF attention magnet

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-14, 02:36 PM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RCF attention magnet

So now that people are starting to take deliveries, let's here the stories of stop and stares, people asking you what car that is, the compliments, or any kind of attention you're getting from the car even the bad stories like cops following you.
Old 11-20-14, 05:01 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can't imagine the attention, since it's a brand new model, especially the RC-F because of it's aggressive fenders and bumpers.
Old 02-12-16, 06:25 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hope you don't mind me bumping this. I love this car and would love to hear some funny stories.
Old 02-12-16, 06:31 AM
stoomac
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

So far the biggest question I get is what kind of car it is. I don't see very many driving around Dallas though I know they're out there from all the Texans on the board.
Old 02-12-16, 12:33 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A friend with an older M3 says it's a car for "posers". He was obviously jealous.
Old 02-12-16, 05:25 PM
rexio83
Pit Crew

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

I have owned an ISF for 5 years and it barely got noticed, owned the RCF for a week and notice two people recording me on their cell phones lol
Old 02-12-16, 06:00 PM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by rexio83
I have owned an ISF for 5 years and it barely got noticed, owned the RCF for a week and notice two people recording me on their cell phones lol
THIS! Also owned my IS-F for about five years with not so much as a glance from others. I've had the RC-F for about three months and it turns heads everywhere I go. I was stopped next to a SUV a couple weeks ago. Kid about eight years old rolls down the window, looks my car up and down, gives me a nod and a thumb's up. It was hilarious!
Old 02-12-16, 06:56 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyJames
THIS! Also owned my IS-F for about five years with not so much as a glance from others. I've had the RC-F for about three months and it turns heads everywhere I go. I was stopped next to a SUV a couple weeks ago. Kid about eight years old rolls down the window, looks my car up and down, gives me a nod and a thumb's up. It was hilarious!
+467
Dudes be driving behind me recording on their phones. It's cool seeing a unicorn in real life. One time I swear this guys neck broke when he did a triple take.
Old 02-12-16, 07:20 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was crossing the street and a RCF pulled up in red.... so damn beautiful. I didnt cross wanted to watch it drive away. Sounds very nice he didnt take off fast but you can hear the low V8 rumble as he pulled away.

Stunning looking car.
Old 02-12-16, 09:31 PM
Flilady
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My favorite so far: wow, your car looks like a transformer! From a grown man!
Old 02-12-16, 11:50 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

It looks like all other Lexus cars of late, so it hardly stands out . And no, not a single stare, thumbs up, or anything like that. And that's perfectly fine with me. Don't like the attention anyway.
Old 02-13-16, 03:46 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

That's good that they're all positive, ull never know one if this days the compliment might be negative...
Old 02-13-16, 06:13 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I get looks everywhere I go with the RCF, and people call it the "Bat Mobile" lol.

I've also had various people record the car on their cell phones while we're on the highway. They get next to me and see the car, then slow down and get behind me *start recording* then they get on the side again and drive by recording (like if they were racing me ).

I've had the RCF since December and had not seen one single other RCF on the road until this past weekend. I was driving home from the Miami Heat game and saw one behind me in Orange, and my goodness the orange looks amazing in person I had no idea. He got next to me, we gave each other a thumbs up and then the road split and he was gone.
Old 02-13-16, 07:30 PM
rubenes
Driver School Candidate

Default picture

I parked my RCF at the beach to watch my gf play in a volleyball tournament. When I came back there were a group of Chinese guys all taking selfies of my car. I could tell they weren't from the area but I opened the car and let them check it out from the inside and also turned the engine on. Everyone loves this car. I am in love with it myself.
Old 02-13-16, 08:32 PM
datrcftho
Driver School Candidate

Driving home from work and stopped at a light. Middle aged couple beside me roll down their window and say, "what does the F stand for? Fast?" They loved it, I loved it.

2nd story, my wife is driving and same thing, comes to a stop at a light. Guy next to her points at her window and she rolls it down. She's waiting for her compliment and he says, "hey lady, your scarf's hanging out the door!"

Quick Reply: RCF attention magnet