ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RC F (2015-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-f-2015-present-259/)
-   -   Poll: Pick Your Motivation for Buying the RCF (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-f-2015-present/756543-poll-pick-your-motivation-for-buying-the-rcf.html)

ISF001 09-11-14 05:26 PM

Poll: Pick Your Motivation for Buying the RCF

There are certainly a lot of reasons to buy in this class, but so much of the discussion seems centered on these two aspects.

05RollaXRS 09-11-14 05:47 PM

The fabulous V8 engine response and its sound, the bullet proof reliability (I know I can keep the car for decades), looks and also really good handling (certainly, higher limits than I would ever be able to explore).

Levi68 09-12-14 02:49 AM

M4 is like a Ferrari, good performer but totally unreliable, expensive but sometimes cheaply built. Why get the most expensive leathers, when just beside I have some low grade plastic switches/buttons?

Mr Bond 09-12-14 04:39 AM

I would by it over most other cars because of the looks, engine sound and the fact that it will be rare. Fully aware of that other cars will win comparos against it. Itīs really not that important, its still a good car. Nobody has denied that.

As for the reliability I could not care less, at least if I would by it new. This is a kind of car you keep as long as the factory warrany lasts ( 3 years ) and then trade it in for something new, in my world that is. Most deals ( like 9 /10 ) are made this way here in Europe. I really donīt care how it runs after 10 years, I would never by a 10 year old GT car anyway, no matter if it is an Audi, BMW or Lexus.

jkems06 09-12-14 07:35 AM

i Just cant get past how heavy this thing is. I Just wish it performed significantly better than my ISF

4TehNguyen 09-12-14 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by jkems06 (Post 8709245)
i Just cant get past how heavy this thing is. I Just wish it performed significantly better than my ISF

it weighs similar to V8 coupes like C63 and RS5, lexus told us the weight back in january. Not exactly a surprise. ISF weighs 3800#, throw in a slightly longer and wider body, TVD, wider wheels/tires, active wing, bigger brakes and calipers, its not going to get lighter.

ISF001 09-12-14 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen (Post 8709263)
it weighs similar to V8 coupes like C63 and RS5, lexus told us the weight back in january. Not exactly a surprise. ISF weighs 3800#, throw in a slightly longer and wider body, TVD, wider wheels/tires, active wing, bigger brakes and calipers, its not going to get lighter.

At 3,958 pounds, the RCF curb weight slots below the all-wheel-drive RS5 and just above the C63. Its power-to-weight ratio is surpassed only by the much lighter M4. Autoweek

05RollaXRS 09-12-14 08:22 AM

I think the issue of weight could have easily been offset by giving shorter gearing 1 - 6th while keeping 7th and 8th as true overdrive gears so it would not have caused any compromise in highway rpm speed.

Lexus had 8th gears to strike balance between maximum wheel torque and cruising rpm.

Apparently, Lexus put a shorter overall final drive gear for overall shorter gearing, but did not individually tweak the gearing from 1st - 6th gear. The individual gear ratios are basically the same as IS-F and in turn IS350.

ISF001 09-12-14 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS (Post 8709328)
I think the issue of weight could have easily been offset by giving shorter gearing 1 - 6th while keeping 7th and 8th as true overdrive gears so it would not have caused any compromise in highway rpm speed.

Lexus had 8th gears to strike balance between maximum wheel torque and cruising rpm.

Apparently, Lexus put a shorter overall final drive gear for overall shorter gearing, but did not individually tweak the gearing from 1st - 6th gear. The individual gear ratios are basically the same as IS-F and in turn IS350.

Until the new engine management software is explored with a "tuned" engine, we are dealing with conjecture and prototypes, IMO. Hold the horses. :p

Ninja10r 09-12-14 08:40 AM

new sofeware not an issue to me , was not a head to head test so until then ......