RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC F automotive reviews thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-14, 08:05 AM
chilipalm
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Levi68
I have a feeling RC F is a very very solid car, not like the German rivals. That is something that is very important to me, about any product. I prefer a maybe slightly slower car, that will drive in three years just as it did the first day, than have something like a German car that feels like it will fall apart after one year. German cars are like Apple under Tim Cook, overrated.
You forgot to say "and overpriced."
Old 09-10-14, 09:17 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-10-14, 09:51 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
The Autocar review is kinda hypocritical. Its like he commends the car then says the opposite 5 seconds later. He says traction control takes away the slides, thats what its for! I donno, to me its like theyre looking for things to criticize. Its not a sportscar, but they seem to judge it as a sportscar?
Just had this discussion with a friend. The auto makers want to slap "sport" on everything when CLEARLY very few are. IMHO cars with a low weight to HP fall into this category. Porsche 911, Lotus Elise, Mazda Miata, etc. But something approaching the weight of some two vehicles and slapping extra hp to offset it does not make a sports car.
Old 09-10-14, 11:53 AM
iggyhop9
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-...st/2000011108/
Old 09-10-14, 12:31 PM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISF001
The beauty of this breakthrough car lies in the remarkable engine, the g-force artificial intelligence that preselects gear entering and exiting the corners, and the torque vectoring rear that bites to the outside thanks to the the electric motors on each side of the differential that enable the clutch, planetary gears, half shaft and the wheel.

He shut everything off and did not give the RCF a test based on its new technology. That track ride was a joke--a bloody travesty.

I am waiting for the valid tests with Motor Trend and Road and Track.
But its interesting that from the Auto-car review Mike spent more time going through the motions and driving the RCF to a point were he is actually testing the driving dynamics of the car both on the track and the road his point of view was actually quite balanced and objective in the end coming European review.
I know there times were he was contradicting himself , but i am sure their will do another review again once the RCF get launched in the UK when their start to compare it against the C63,M4 ,RS5.
Old 09-10-14, 01:13 PM
iggyhop9
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Another one, but subpar writing. Like he's trying too hard to be cool?

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/lexus-r...173044885.html
Old 09-10-14, 01:42 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DOC4LEX
But its interesting that from the Auto-car review Mike spent more time going through the motions and driving the RCF to a point were he is actually testing the driving dynamics of the car both on the track and the road his point of view was actually quite balanced and objective in the end coming European review.
I know there times were he was contradicting himself , but i am sure their will do another review again once the RCF get launched in the UK when their start to compare it against the C63,M4 ,RS5.
This comment refers to Steve Sutcliffe's review:

I have nothing against the chap--if was a poorly executed and slanted activity on this part. He actually did not leverage the new technology to explore the driving dynamics of the car.

He seems confused and ambivalent--the RCF is new and ground breaking. He needs to take off his old opinions and look at the car for what it is. In that regard, it was not well sorted and objective.

The car is much more than Mike was able to absorb in that wacky ride. He owes Lexus a set of wheels. Who the heck tracks their car that way?

Last edited by ISF001; 09-10-14 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-10-14, 05:28 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iggyhop9
Another one, but subpar writing. Like he's trying too hard to be cool?

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/lexus-r...173044885.html
He was ill informed about the breakthrough reengineering of the engine--did not drive the carbon with the TVR, the RCF is not a second slower than the M4...oh boy.
Old 09-10-14, 05:33 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

I thought it's been discussed that the RCF doesn't have adaptive suspension......so why are all these reviewers talking about the suspension stiffening in S+.......
Old 09-10-14, 07:19 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eoph
I thought it's been discussed that the RCF doesn't have adaptive suspension......so why are all these reviewers talking about the suspension stiffening in S+.......
It does. The adaptive suspension will adjust the dampening rate, and its most aggressive in S+.

"On track, the 2015 Lexus RC F delivers more brake force, more aural satisfaction and more speed than a RC 350 with F-Sport—more of everything, except body roll. With F-Sport, the adaptive suspension continues to adjust damping rates according to the surface variation underneath. With the RC F, in Sport +, you get the most aggressive damping rate available—no adjustment for the surface, no variation. It’s racier, more enthusiastic, without feeling muscle bound or heavy. "

- See more at: http://autoweek.com/article/car-revi....VVpAn5nK.dpuf
Old 09-10-14, 09:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

It does. The adaptive suspension will adjust the dampening rate, and its most aggressive in S+.

"On track, the 2015 Lexus RC F delivers more brake force, more aural satisfaction and more speed than a RC 350 with F-Sport—more of everything, except body roll. With F-Sport, the adaptive suspension continues to adjust damping rates according to the surface variation underneath. With the RC F, in Sport +, you get the most aggressive damping rate available—no adjustment for the surface, no variation. It’s racier, more enthusiastic, without feeling muscle bound or heavy. "

- See more at: http://autoweek.com/article/car-revi....VVpAn5nK.dpuf
so review is not allowed to have errors?

find the motor on top of the strut towers for me and we will talk. i will do the same too because i want to know

until then, my lexus contact confirmed with me that the rcf does NOT have adjustable dampening
Old 09-11-14, 04:41 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
so review is not allowed to have errors?

find the motor on top of the strut towers for me and we will talk. i will do the same too because i want to know

until then, my lexus contact confirmed with me that the rcf does NOT have adjustable dampening
I read just about everything I can find on the new car. It's been mentioned in multiple sources. So either the Lexus PR folks are slipping up in their Fact Sheets, or we are receiving contradictory information from our "sources."

Can sources be wrong? Of course...
Old 09-11-14, 05:41 AM
AussieISF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another driver impressed with the RCF's track abilities, even after many laps

Old 09-11-14, 08:11 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

This is Chris Harris' review:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=30817

He summed it up by saying, " BMW can rest easy, and Lexus has probably arrived at a 2014 party in 2008 clothes, but the RC F still has something about it".

I really respect and like this writer. I think he swayed my decision.
Old 09-11-14, 09:49 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation Really this should be it on the AVS.....

I read just about everything I can find on the new car. It's been mentioned in multiple sources. So either the Lexus PR folks are slipping up in their Fact Sheets, or we are receiving contradictory information from our "sources."

Can sources be wrong? Of course...
Umm pictures usually don't tell lies... All the RC F's look like this..

Unless they stuck the AVS damening units somehwere else..
(Which I seriously doubt]

2015 IS350 F Sport - AVS Dampening units shown as an example...

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Let me confirm rominl's confirmation ...

NO AVS in the RC F

See my photos up above

Also, in Sport + Mode only things Highlighted are Engine, Steering & Brakes

Joe Z

Quick Reply: RC F automotive reviews thread