RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Updates on RCF--When?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-14, 10:04 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by primecut
Yea, I agree they are definitely dropping the ball in terms of marketing. There is way too much timing gap between the initial announcement and subsequent details. The speculation could build hype, but in this case it feels like it's causing doubts and losing momentum quickly.
Completely disagree. If they advertised and/or details more now, people would be *****ing they couldn't get the car now. And be tipping their hand to the competition. Haters gonna buy M3/4 anyways. Can't please everyone.
Old 05-17-14, 10:16 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I was going to place the Order on the RF350 I was told that they should start showing up in June/July, because they are 2014 Models
Old 05-17-14, 08:10 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTags
When I was going to place the Order on the RF350 I was told that they should start showing up in June/July, because they are 2014 Models
person who told you that doesnt know what they are talking about :-)

As to the info, since car doesnt release in 5-6 more months, we wont get full info yet. M4 released sooner so there was info sooner... and it would be unusual if they released all that info 6 months before release.

Usually we get to know full specs, equipment and pricing 2-3 months before start of sales, and official reviews start dropping around month after that...
Old 05-19-14, 09:29 AM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
What the heck are you talking about?
I posted 2 months ago the car is coming in November and the prices are 44K for the RC350 and 70K for the RC-F.
There is even a price chart for the different RC trim packages posted in one of these threads. If you didn't see it I'll post them up.
The power? 450hp is what I hear. I don't believe it will be more. Every time I ask that's what I hear.
Officially they say it could be more but I don't believe it. Unless our contacts at Lexus Corp are being kept in the dark.
You need to separate Lexus Corp from Lexus dealerships. The dealerships are much more in the dark than you would imagine as are many of the corporate reps. Much of this will remain confidential until they decide to rev up the PR engine.

This car will be over 450 horsepower...hold on for the specs, the advertisements--the public disclosure. I believe it is just around the corner.
Old 05-19-14, 10:23 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't see the logic of holding on the final horsepower/tq figures. The M4s horsepower figures are down compared to competition but it was available sooner.. Are the delays because of marketing or because of technical reasons? Some people ordered the M4 because of the lack of information on the RC-F..
Old 05-19-14, 10:40 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
I don't see the logic of holding on the final horsepower/tq figures. The M4s horsepower figures are down compared to competition but it was available sooner.. Are the delays because of marketing or because of technical reasons? Some people ordered the M4 because of the lack of information on the RC-F..
Those people weren't going to buy a Lexus anyways. I want an NSX, but I'm not going to run out and buy something else just because there's a lack of info. So I wait, patiently...
Old 05-19-14, 11:30 AM
eoph
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus only wanted to sell 200 of these a month, I'm sure they have no problem meeting targets. That is what is most important in business. If the competitors sells many times more than the RCF but doesn't meet their sales target, it's a failure.
Old 05-19-14, 01:50 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by basamx
Seriously. I couldn't wait, so I bought the M4. If at least the pricing was out there I could have waited, but I live in Wisconsin, so Nov is not an option.
Case in point TimboIS...
Old 05-19-14, 02:05 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Case in point TimboIS...
6 forum posts total. Hmmm. They weren't really going to buy a Lexus anyways. I'll bet they are previous BMW owners
Old 05-19-14, 02:33 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TimboIS
6 forum posts total. Hmmm. They weren't really going to buy a Lexus anyways. I'll bet they are previous BMW owners
The mere fact that he registered on this site means he was looking for more information i.e. price, final horsepower etc. He might be aiming to buy a BMW or maybe not. We will never know unless he chimes in...
Old 05-19-14, 02:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Power figures already have been leaked through a picture of Lexus brochure. 471 HP@7100 rpm. There is no mystery there anymore.
Old 05-19-14, 04:47 PM
corsjr28
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mere fact that he registered on this site means he was looking for more information i.e. price, final horsepower etc. He might be aiming to buy a BMW or maybe not. We will never know unless he chimes in...
I'll speak up since I'm in the same boat as 'basamx' (and oddly, also in Wisconsin)... I'm currently waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting for Lexus to release final information on the RC-F (and RC-350) and directly shopping it against the M4. I've never owned a BMW, but the M4 seems/looks pretty nice to me. The M4 is about $69K with the packages I want, so it all comes down to price and final info. I'm also curious to know if the RC-F will get the gas guzzler tax due to the V8... that would add on another ~$3K to it's final price.

Last August, I pre-ordered and purchased a 2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (which I LOVE)... but unfortunately it had issues and was just recently lemoned... it's getting returned in the next week.

I don't want to wait forever... so hopefully Lexus gets the final information out here shortly.
Old 05-19-14, 04:58 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

previous ISF didnt have gas guzzler, new engine is more efficient with the atkinson cycle

Case in point TimboIS...
and what if the M loses to the RCF, like how the new 3 and 5 did to the IS and GS. Some of the reviews arent too hot about the M with its artificial engine sound. RCF still has the chance to make final revisions to react to the M

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 05-19-14 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-19-14, 05:32 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by corsjr28
I'll speak up since I'm in the same boat as 'basamx' (and oddly, also in Wisconsin)... I'm currently waiting.. and waiting.. and waiting for Lexus to release final information on the RC-F (and RC-350) and directly shopping it against the M4. I've never owned a BMW, but the M4 seems/looks pretty nice to me. The M4 is about $69K with the packages I want, so it all comes down to price and final info. I'm also curious to know if the RC-F will get the gas guzzler tax due to the V8... that would add on another ~$3K to it's final price.

Last August, I pre-ordered and purchased a 2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (which I LOVE)... but unfortunately it had issues and was just recently lemoned... it's getting returned in the next week.

I don't want to wait forever... so hopefully Lexus gets the final information out here shortly.
Being a car salesman has given me lots of insight on certain things.
I've always known that german cars were expensive to own and unreliable.
If you saw the number of BMWs we get in on trade with complaints from the owners of having to fix crap over and over, you would think twice about getting one.

Wait for the RC!
Old 05-19-14, 06:15 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by corsjr28
I'm also curious to know if the RC-F will get the gas guzzler tax due to the V8... that would add on another ~$3K to it's final price..
Seriously doubt it will have gas guzzler tax, even my McLaren didn't.

Quick Reply: Updates on RCF--When?