RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus asks fans to help name new orange shade for RC F

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-14, 10:33 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Lexus asks fans to help name new orange shade for RC F

Flip through the catalog for most Lexus models and you're bound to see an array of different shades of beige and gray. But even Lexus has its wilder side, denoted by the letter F, and those models can wear brighter hues.

The IS F, for example, offered an electric shade of blue which Lexus called Ultrasonic and a deep red called Matador, along with the usual silver, gray, white and black. But for the new RC F, Lexus is preparing to offer an even more vibrant shade of orange. It just doesn't know what to call it. That's why it's asking fans on Facebook to help it name the color – similar to the crowd-sourcing SRT did for the Viper's bright blue and Chevy did for the Volt's pale green.

Top suggestions currently include Tangerine Flame, Solar Flare, Outrageous Orange and Fiery Orange. Given how similar the shade looks to that which adorned the track-tuned LFA with the Nürburgring package, we can't help but wonder if LFA Blaze or Nordschleife Blur might not be more suitable.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/05/08/l...ge-name-color/
Old 05-08-14, 01:18 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

" Nürburgring Orange "

Doesn't get any better than that

~ Joe Z
Old 05-08-14, 02:18 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
" Nürburgring Orange "

~ Joe Z
I LIKE IT....
Old 05-08-14, 02:58 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Hmmm, the collective brain-trust of Toyota and Lexus marketing can't come up with a name?!? At least they could offer a prize to the winner.
Old 05-08-14, 03:16 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I vote oRAGE

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Hmmm, the collective brain-trust of Toyota and Lexus marketing can't come up with a name?!? At least they could offer a prize to the winner.
It's called social media interaction. When people feel like they contributed to something, they tend to remember it sentimentally and that helps build name brand recognition and loyalty.

This is why you're not doing marketing for Toyota.
Old 05-08-14, 04:27 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

" Nürburgring Orange "

~ Joe Z
Nürange
Old 05-08-14, 05:08 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
I vote oRAGE

It's called social media interaction. When people feel like they contributed to something, they tend to remember it sentimentally and that helps build name brand recognition and loyalty.

This is why you're not doing marketing for Toyota.
It's called passing the buck. Plus I guess I expect to get paid for my time. And social media is for people without real lives.
Old 05-08-14, 05:28 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Charzilla
Old 05-08-14, 06:05 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Imola Orange, sunset orange , sunburst orange, quick lighting orange, FQ orange (fuking quick)
Old 05-08-14, 06:43 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I LIKE IT....
^^^ For sure....

Grabbed my below post from 3/28 - Preorder Guide thread ...

Right on Topic

Below Offical Lexus Japan color is "CCS Orange"

I think Lexus has their Orange dialed in right...

My sources indicate it will be more realistic like this OEM Lexus CCS Orange found on this IS F CCS-P

Enjoy,

~ Joe Z
Old 05-09-14, 01:29 PM
rli2bcz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I LIKE IT....
Go with Orange Chicken!
Old 05-09-14, 07:09 PM
John Coyle
CL Editor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Posted this to the blog here!

Tangerine Flame? Nuclear Creamsicle? Auschwitz Orange? These names are a little ridiculous. "Tatara Blaze" is a cool one though.
Old 05-10-14, 06:06 PM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TimboIS
It's called passing the buck. Plus I guess I expect to get paid for my time. And social media is for people without real lives.
You really have no clue. In my business and a lot of other industries , social media is important. All of the heavy hitter brokers and realtors are using it. And how is it any different then you posting on here ?
Old 05-11-14, 07:20 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UGKkllr
You really have no clue. In my business and a lot of other industries , social media is important. All of the heavy hitter brokers and realtors are using it. And how is it any different then you posting on here ?
There is a big difference I think. This is a online social community created and populated by enthusiasts whose common interests are Lexus automobiles and automotive world in general. Social media is a jargon for advertising primarily on Facebook and Twitter services and has nothing to do with the community interaction, its a one way communication most of the time.

I do agree that social media is very important part of promotion but at the same time its really scary how many people follow official "social media" accounts of some brand or product. For example Katy Perry twitter is followed by 52 million while she follows only 141 accounts, that has nothing to do with the community its just advertising or news source.

I've been a member of this community for over ten years now and I do not follow Toyota, Lexus or any car brand or product on any social accounts because it's a fake experience just like this "vote for the name of color", reasons why Lexus is doing this are all wrong and has nothing to do with making itself better or to reach out to the community.
Old 05-11-14, 10:46 AM
TheBatman
Driver

Originally Posted by UGKkllr
Not only is it important, its lethal as well. Lot of big people are being taken down left and right through social media; jobs lost and lives ruined. Its actually quite scary.

Quick Reply: Lexus asks fans to help name new orange shade for RC F