RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-17, 01:57 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by SinisteRCF
Yes, I can agree with this. Purchased my RCF with only 2300 miles on the clock from Canada a year ago and I paid $48,900 out the door. Yes transfer and title was paid here in Florida which came out to a little over $3k. So roughly, I paid $51,900 in total. Oh and Endras BMW did free shipping in an enclosed trailer.
Dang thats a good price. What year?
Old 09-07-17, 08:25 PM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mjn88
Thanks, I couldn't pass it up especially when other dealers here in the US where asking a lot more for ones that had 15k to 25k miles on them. Mine is a 2015.
Old 02-14-18, 12:37 PM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, I can agree with this. Purchased my RCF with only 2300 miles on the clock from Canada a year ago and I paid $48,900 out the door. Yes transfer and title was paid here in Florida which came out to a little over $3k. So roughly, I paid $51,900 in total. Oh and Endras BMW did free shipping in an enclosed trailer.
Originally Posted by mjn88
Thanks, I couldn't pass it up especially when other dealers here in the US where asking a lot more for ones that had 15k to 25k miles on them. Mine is a 2015.
Wow, great deal... Is it that easy to buy a car in Canada and have it shipped? No customs issues or crazy fees?
Old 10-03-18, 12:20 PM
DaveinMD
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey all, I’m considering buying an RCF but I’m totally new to Lexus. I’ve been a domestic car guy my whole life. A dealer near me has a new 2017 on their lot, and it seems the 2019’s are in production. Any idea what I could expect for a 2 model year old new car?
Old 10-03-18, 02:42 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveinMD
Hey all, I’m considering buying an RCF but I’m totally new to Lexus. I’ve been a domestic car guy my whole life. A dealer near me has a new 2017 on their lot, and it seems the 2019’s are in production. Any idea what I could expect for a 2 model year old new car?
I was looking at a '17 this Spring. Was CPO with 8k miles, had all options except performance package. Dealer had a no haggle price of $62. I watched it drop to $58,500 before they sold it. Another dealer had a new '16 and still has it. They want $65k. It's coming into fall, so you may get a better deal? I'd say new '17s are going to be in the$60-65k range depending on options. They are rare and sticker prices are $75-80. I didn't find dealers wanted to deal on older new cars, but saw people on here picking up current year new ones for mid $60s. I ended up getting a CPO '15 with all options, 17k miles for $49k.
Old 10-03-18, 03:33 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Yeah, the major advantage of 19 over the 17 is, the 10 inch screen. Other than that, there is almost no significant difference. 2017 also has the AVS, which gives you better ability to soften or stiffen the suspension. RCF is due for a refresh so buying the 2017 makes the most sense, if you can get a big discount on the 2017.
Old 10-03-18, 06:32 PM
DaveinMD
Driver School Candidate

Awesome, thanks! The car is listed as new but has about 900 miles on it, so to me that’s not really new even if it’s never been sold. I’m gonna call the dealer back tomorrow and see what they’re willing to do.

follow up. The dealer emailed me before I returned her call offering 17k off the 76,xxx msrp. I returned the email basically saying no thanks but inviting her to sweeten the pot. We’ll see what happens. I’m really early in my consideration of buying a new car, so it’s gonna have to be a smokin deal to get me to jump on it.

Last edited by DaveinMD; 10-04-18 at 05:55 AM.
Old 10-05-18, 05:55 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool Proud Owner

Originally Posted by kdu
Premium package, ML and Nav, forged wheels, sunroof, leather, all weather mats.
Close, Fairfax.
Hey Kdu-
I also live in Fairfax and have yet to meet another RCF Owner in the area! We absolutely MUST link up!
Every Sunday morning I attend a Cars & Coffee gathering out at Dulles Landing. Out of all the Vettes, Porches, Mopar's, Beemers, etc - I have been the ONLY Lexus RCF in attendance! It would be great to park next to another proud RCF owner for sure!

I see all this talk about the fast GTR in this Thread. Despite being super fast - I honestly don't care for the car and would never buy one.
Met a super nice guy there who just got his GTR 3 weeks ago. I know nothing about this car, because I don't care for it - BUT have to admit that hearing this engine and seeing it take off from a stop is definitely a sight to see! On the other hand, I believe the RCF has much more style with its lines, and Im perfectly content with my Armytrix system that enabled 400 Rear Wheel Hp too. I absolutely love driving it thanks to the luxurious ride it provides, and all the attention it draws wherever I go (Nothing new to all of us who own one) I don't try to compare my choice to any other, and wouldn't be here if I did.

Now, since this Thread is all about RCF Prices I guess I should include mine here too. Its a long story which Ive shared in my own Threads.
Despite living just 4 miles from my usual Dealership (Pohanka Lexus) they just could not dial in numbers to my liking when it came to doing a DX with Lexus of Brooklyn for the Color Combo I wanted. Therefore, I contacted the Sales Manager direct up in Brooklyn. My 2017 Ultrasonic Blue & Circuit Red Premium Package RCF had a MSRP of exactly $76,662.00. (Which I would personally never pay- Who pays MSRP these days?)
Without going into my whole story again, I was able to obtain this fantastic car for $58,424.00 - which I am extremely fortunate of (Is this a good deal?)

One can certainly respect the attributes of these other cars mentioned within this thread, but if you're here in this Forum - I assume you drive a RCF ?

Old 10-05-18, 07:15 AM
DaveinMD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Hey Kdu-
Therefore, I contacted the Sales Manager direct up in Brooklyn. My 2017 Ultrasonic Blue & Circuit Red Premium Package RCF had a MSRP of exactly $76,662.00. (Which I would personally never pay- Who pays MSRP these days?)
Without going into my whole story again, I was able to obtain this fantastic car for $58,424.00 - which I am extremely fortunate of

Was this on a current model year? I live in Annapolis, and the Sheehy dealership there isn’t budging from MSRP on the only one they have, which I genuinely wouldn’t buy anyways. It’s Orange. Not my thing... another dealership has a 17 that I like which they offered the same discount you got. Just wondering if there’s more juice to squeeze out of them.
Old 10-05-18, 07:32 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Was this on a current model year? I live in Annapolis, and the Sheehy dealership there isn’t budging from MSRP on the only one they have, which I genuinely wouldn’t buy anyways. It’s Orange. Not my thing... another dealership has a 17 that I like which they offered the same discount you got. Just wondering if there’s more juice to squeeze out of them.
Molten Pearl is rare/sought after color especially with Carbon/TVD, which is why probably the dealership is not budging.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (10-05-18)
Old 10-05-18, 07:50 AM
DaveinMD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Molten Pearl is rare/sought after color especially with Carbon/TVD, which is why probably the dealership is not budging.
oh ok! Thanks. I can see why people might be into it, but it’s definitely not for everyone.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (10-05-18)
Old 10-05-18, 11:04 AM
2UR
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Are you talking about the Flare Yellow RCF they have? I was just there today for my 20k service.
Old 10-05-18, 11:47 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2UR

Are you talking about the Flare Yellow RCF they have? I was just there today for my 20k service.
He meant Molten Pearl (Orange).
Old 10-05-18, 12:13 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool

Sorry if my post misled you at all Dave.
I literally took Amtrak to NYC, was picked up by a Driver in LS, and drove back home to FFX in my 2017 in USB.
I DO happen to know they have two 17's here near me. PM me if you want some serious hooks. I know them ALL very, very well too!
Old 10-05-18, 03:20 PM
DaveinMD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2UR

Listing on their site shows an orange RCF, but says flare yellow, which after googling shows a car that’s actually yellow. I think it must have been a mistake on their website, which had me thinking they had a color blind person coming up with the names of these colors.

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Sorry if my post misled you at all Dave.
I literally took Amtrak to NYC, was picked up by a Driver in LS, and drove back home to FFX in my 2017 in USB.
I DO happen to know they have two 17's here near me. PM me if you want some serious hooks. I know them ALL very, very well too!
As much as I’d love to say I’m a serious buyer, it would have to be an absolute steal. I drive a lot of miles, and I’m not sure this car is practical enough to be my only ride.