RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-14, 12:12 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
I just dont get why Lexus would price the RC-F higher than M4????

For all the ppl saying M4 base is not loaded are not correct - pls look at bimmer forums.
It will come standard with almost everything - heated seats, Nav, carbon interior trim, carbon roof, HIDs etc

You will pay extra for DCT, Metallic paint, carbon brakes, Full Leather (dash) and LED headligjts - most of these ppl dont want anyway.
If the M4 comes standard with all these, then I might go to the dark side. I might have to visit the BMW dealership later today.
Old 01-17-14, 03:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
71,775 for non-carbon full option. IMO Having said that, I'm not getting one. 460 hp is less than my IS-F right now and it's a lot heavier. Sure, it looks nicer and is newer and faster on the track (maybe), but I'd rather keep my IS-F for now. I'd rather get the new Supra. IMO, it looks even better!
you are comparing the rcf to your modded isf? how does that make sense? might as well say a modded rcf will be "better" than your isf?

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Yes, serious buyers like me. Why do you think ISF owners are buying GTRs. We want a car that will perform significantly better than what he have. Do you think the GTR would have been a hit if it did not outperform a lot sports cars? If the RCF takes down the mighty M3/M4, that is big news and that will reverberate with buyers who are not looking for performance but just the status of owning a high performance luxury car.
1) i have no problem with people moving up, that's great, that's what i went through, and that's perfect fine (awesome as well)
2) i never said all people don't care about performance. i am saying most people buying these cars they don't put performance as the sole priority

the 2012 isf already goes head to head against the m3 (matching if not surpassing), did you see the sales of isf creeping up? the new gs performance eats that of the f10, do you see gs sales popping up?

it's interesting the way you mix performance and status. honestly, if status is more about what some people care about, then it's hard for lexus to be high up in the picture. the bmw m and mb amg both have more status imho.

now if we are talking about performance, i honestly think bmw used to be #1 and lexus was a close second (this is a praise on lexus).

but all i am saying is look on the street, i personally see more m3 and c63 than isf and i am in a region where seeing cars like these is pretty common and regular. all i am trying to say is a lot of people buying these cars they might not list performance as highest priority.

and that's further proven by my experience with some other m and amg owners (the way they drive), and also what i saw at bmw m school. a lot of them are simply NOT high performance drivers. they know / think they have a fast car and they might know how to gun it from stop in a straight line, but most of them don't even know how or dare to push their cars to the limit.

so my point was given what i see and experience, a lot of people might not base their purchase solely on performance. key word "a lot of people". there will always be the group who wants performance first. like you, like me, like most lfa owners, like those who understands the direction lexus is heading
Old 01-17-14, 04:34 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With a sales goal of just 200 units a month, I think it would be wise for Lexus to look at the opinion of current ISF owners. This niche will probably make up a chunk of future RCF owners.
Old 01-17-14, 05:31 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is near 80k I would rather have a Porsche, but it has got to be priced better than the M4 if it plans to compete.
Old 01-17-14, 07:58 PM
LexFather

I guess the question is would you buy a M4? B/C I think for all the talk, a happy Lexus/Toyota owner fan would rather purchase the brand they trust. So are there 200 people here a month to do that. Understand that is literally less than 1 per dealer a month.

The other thing that I don't think people understand yet or hasn't truly been communicated well is Lexus views the RC F as a car from the ground up and the RC F was developed together with the RC 350 etc. THey see it as a complete package and not an add on package. I suspect driving the car is going to be out of this world especially with rear torque vectoring. For anyone that has driven a new GS F sport at the track it is quite the capable car with rear steer but the lack of power is readily apparent. Here is a car that will feature and even tighter suspension, more tech and far more power.

FYI the RS5 didn't get rave reviews and I figure sold well as I see them. So what does that say about the market? The RS5 got panned in reviews, even losing to the regular IS F in Euro mags and yet people still love the car.

I am not sure why people think the car will be cheap. Lexus pricing has risen significantly. A loaded IS today is around 55k. A loaded GS 450h is no joke 80k with every option.
Old 01-17-14, 07:59 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

I just dont get why Lexus would price the RC-F higher than M4????

For all the ppl saying M4 base is not loaded are not correct - pls look at bimmer forums.
It will come standard with almost everything - heated seats, Nav, carbon interior trim, carbon roof, HIDs etc

You will pay extra for DCT, Metallic paint, carbon brakes, Full Leather (dash) and LED headligjts - most of these ppl dont want anyway.
same thing was with IS-F... it was higher priced than M3, base... then loaded with same equipment, it was cheaper between $5k and $10k.

Lets go through options:
- Full leather $1k/$2k
- Metallic color: $550
- LEDs: $2k
- DCT - $3k
- 19" - $1.2k

All in all, I calculated $18k at least, without ceramic brakes or adaptive cruise, which are $9k extra.

So basically loaded M4 will be $80k/$89k. Loaded RC-F will be $72k/$76k.
Old 01-17-14, 08:26 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
same thing was with IS-F... it was higher priced than M3, base... then loaded with same equipment, it was cheaper between $5k and $10k.

Lets go through options:
- Full leather $1k/$2k
- Metallic color: $550
- LEDs: $2k
- DCT - $3k
- 19" - $1.2k

All in all, I calculated $18k at least, without ceramic brakes or adaptive cruise, which are $9k extra.

So basically loaded M4 will be $80k/$89k. Loaded RC-F will be $72k/$76k.
Pls tell me how u got $18k in options without the ceramic brakes???

My point is the BASE M4 is very well equipped and FAR from a stripped down car. Most importantly all the CF parts are standard.
Old 01-17-14, 08:49 PM
LexFather

My point is the BASE M4 is very well equipped and FAR from a stripped down car. Most importantly all the CF parts are standard.
All the CF parts? Which are the roof and what else?

Did it maybe occur to you Lexus feels the car is worth the money and will price it where it feels is appropriate. Not sure where it says anywhere when a new car debuts it must be priced less than a competitor. Lexus has proven that people will buy their cars at higher transaction prices and doesn't depend on Leases like BMW does.

Its funny how I don't see anyone saying anything about how the RC F will make more power than the M4 but they love to start crap about how an IS 250 is underpowered.
Old 01-17-14, 09:10 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
All the CF parts? Which are the roof and what else?
All Standard on M4:
CF Roof
CF Strut Brace
CF Drive Shaft
CF Trunk Lid
CF Interior Trim
Old 01-17-14, 10:59 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

you didnt read the spec sheet did you? read it over... its around 18k without the ceramic brakes or radar cruise control.

Base has half cloth half fake leather seats and 18" wheels as well... comfort key is part of the extra package. Metallic color is extra. It probably has less equipment than base IS250. It is not terrible, but when you are spending $65k on new M4, you will not have it in crappy looking 18" wheels.

Well there is a long list there, so go and read it. In any case, it is around $80k vs $72k without everything included.
Old 01-18-14, 12:51 AM
LexFather

All Standard on M4:
CF Roof
CF Strut Brace
CF Drive Shaft
CF Trunk Lid
CF Interior Trim
Good info though, wasn't aware of it, thank you.
Old 01-18-14, 07:09 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its interesting to note that when ever a new Lexus model rolls our so called Lexus fans start benchmarking price with the competitor i.e. german rivals. Are we still doubting that Lexus can deliver even after the LFA? Especially owners/fans in the states.So what if the RCF is 10k more the M4 its about having the faith that it can deliver the required performance levels of a naturally aspirated V8.Lets wait for an independent Comparison test to see the capability of this new Lexus coupe!
Old 01-18-14, 08:51 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DOC4LEX
its interesting to note that when ever a new Lexus model rolls our so called Lexus fans start benchmarking price with the competitor i.e. german rivals. Are we still doubting that Lexus can deliver even after the LFA? Especially owners/fans in the states.So what if the RCF is 10k more the M4 its about having the faith that it can deliver the required performance levels of a naturally aspirated V8.Lets wait for an independent Comparison test to see the capability of this new Lexus coupe!
This validates my assertion. If the RC-F delivers in performance meaning it equals or betters the yardstick, buyers will purchase this car regardless if its more expensive or not.
Old 01-18-14, 09:01 AM
LexFather

Seriously I would rock a M3, M4 so can we stop comparing. It will be a great car in the BMW spirit.

Lexus has a 2 door in this segment and that is exciting I don't care if it's 100k

Much love to IS F owners for leading the way!
Old 01-18-14, 12:03 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Seriously I would rock a M3, M4 so can we stop comparing. It will be a great car in the BMW spirit.

Lexus has a 2 door in this segment and that is exciting I don't care if it's 100k

Much love to IS F owners for leading the way!
the big thing that bothers me about the M3/M4 is its too bland, it will still blend in with all the 3 and 4 series out there. $75k to still look like all the 328/428, no thanks. RCF stands out and stands out hard, something a 75k car should. When they started putting the M Sport package on the E92 3, the front bumper almost looks like a E92 M3 and Ive thought Ive seen a M3 many times but it wasnt. Not something I want after spending this kinda cash. RCF will turn heads, because theres nothing out there like it.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 01-18-14 at 12:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)