RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-15, 01:37 PM
ghd8989
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeman
Which means the seller prob got ~$50's in order to get out of the car...they aren't bringing top dollar anymore, at least in some markets. Definitely a niche car; quality and performance is in the eye of the beholder.
Z
This guy is borderline 100 iq and keeps asserting. It's amazing. It really is.
Old 06-14-15, 02:29 PM
zekeman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ghd8989
This guy is borderline 100 iq and keeps asserting. It's amazing. It really is.
Sorry if the resident brain surgeon doesn't agree. I'm not asserting anything; you're in love with the RC-F and think it's THE car of the year. I respect that opinion and don't trash you for feeling that way. I happen to think it isn't as phenomenal - obviously you don't respect anyone's position other than your own.

I've owned several Lexus in the past and thought they were great cars and still do! I just don't happen to be a lover of the RC-F and am in the process of disposing of it. Wish you all the best with your car and the future; maybe in the future you should stay above the fray and take a more adult approach rather than trashing people and their opinions.
Z
Old 10-23-15, 02:07 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Default What's a Good Price on a RC-F?

Just test drove a 2015. It had 100 miles on it. Sticker was 73.6K. He offered it to me for 68.5K. When I didn't bite, he said he could probably be a bit more flexible. The car is beautiful. A deep black. The darkest black. It seemed to be loaded. Sun roof, Mark Levinson, heated and cooled leather, carbon fiber interior accents. I don't know what it was missing. Should I go for it? If so, at what price?

About the test drive... the car is very fast, and quicker than my 2013 GS 350 which is at the end of its 27 month lease. I'm not sure what to do. I love my GS, but I'm at an advanced age and would like to try something different, perhaps. Maybe. I don't know what to pick. I'm open to buying or leasing. I test drove a 2015 Corvette Stingray a few months ago and loved it. It seemed more fun than the RC F. And the sound when you throw it into sport mode is second only to the Jaguar F-Type R coupe. A beastly sound, which I find very appealing. The Lexus RC F sounds smooth not beastly, even in Sport+. Too sedate and refined. Not a lot of "character." Top notch Lexus quality, but sometimes too much perfection is boring.

My lease is up and I don't know what to do. Any advice or opinions are welcome.
Old 10-23-15, 03:57 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I paid just shy of $69,000 but some are claiming to have paid $64,000, which is hard to believe since dealer holdback is about that. Dealership would essentially be selling an RCF for that price at NO PROFIT just to get it off of their showroom floor. Anything is possible though since people are claiming those prices.

Check this out to give you an idea of what the TRUE VALUE is and what they are selling for near you.

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/rc-f/2015/
Old 10-25-15, 10:54 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Only you can determine that. After 3 Corvettes, NEVER again. Quality is crap, even when improved. I also don't like the antiquated motorboat sound of pushrod V8s, but that's just me. the Jag would be MUCH better IMO, but also quite a bit more coin than the RC-F. And supercharged. I don't want any more turbo/super-charged sports cars if I can avoid that. Much rather have the linear power of a NA engine (preferrably a DOHC V8) than a more powerful force-induction one. I for one wasn't impressed with the Jag F-type R. Considered it before buying a 2015 GTR (same price), and went with the GTR. Maybe the Jag would have been a better choice for me (53), but the RC-F is more or less exactly what I want at this point. Depends what you'll use the car for buddy. For a true sports car, would have gotten the Cayman GTS or GT4. The Vette is an option for that. But as a GT car, don't waste your money. For what you said, all you'd need is an exhaust and call it a day. Good luck.
Old 10-26-15, 04:01 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Only you can determine that. After 3 Corvettes, NEVER again. Quality is crap, even when improved. I also don't like the antiquated motorboat sound of pushrod V8s, but that's just me. the Jag would be MUCH better IMO, but also quite a bit more coin than the RC-F. And supercharged. I don't want any more turbo/super-charged sports cars if I can avoid that. Much rather have the linear power of a NA engine (preferrably a DOHC V8) than a more powerful force-induction one. I for one wasn't impressed with the Jag F-type R. Considered it before buying a 2015 GTR (same price), and went with the GTR. Maybe the Jag would have been a better choice for me (53), but the RC-F is more or less exactly what I want at this point. Depends what you'll use the car for buddy. For a true sports car, would have gotten the Cayman GTS or GT4. The Vette is an option for that. But as a GT car, don't waste your money. For what you said, all you'd need is an exhaust and call it a day. Good luck.
The C7 Vette is different than its predecessors, I think. I just can't get into Porsche, meaning like them and I don't know why. What I do like about the RC F is that it actually has a trunk. A real one. For me, even a sports car needs to have some level of utility, which shouldn't detract from its sportiness. It also has Lexus quality. But I can't afford the luxury of a car that may need to be garaged all winter, which maybe eliminated both the Vette and the RC F.

I loved Godzilla when it first came out and stickered for only 79-81K. But the exterior and interior are now dated. It needs to be refreshed. Desperately. Yes, it's gotten quicker but who is going to really notice the difference between 3.3 and 2.8, 0 to 60?
Old 10-26-15, 04:05 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Originally Posted by toystry
I paid just shy of $69,000 but some are claiming to have paid $64,000, which is hard to believe since dealer holdback is about that. Dealership would essentially be selling an RCF for that price at NO PROFIT just to get it off of their showroom floor. Anything is possible though since people are claiming those prices.

Check this out to give you an idea of what the TRUE VALUE is and what they are selling for near you.

64K? It must be stripped to the bare bones. I like tech and bells and whistles. I don't need every option but a stripped down car with a luxury nameplate is a pretender.
Old 10-26-15, 04:08 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Trek
64K? It must be stripped to the bare bones. I like tech and bells and whistles. I don't need every option but a stripped down car with a luxury nameplate is a pretender.
Not sure......like i said I find $64,000 hard to believe. Maybe they bought "slightly used", which in that case would make sense but otherwise I'm not a believer of $64,000 for a new RCF.
Old 10-26-15, 06:44 PM
ghoffner
Driver

Not sure......like i said I find $64,000 hard to believe. Maybe they bought "slightly used", which in that case would make sense but otherwise I'm not a believer of $64,000 for a new RCF.
I believe $64k. I had just reached out to 2 dealers today and one agreed to 66 and the other 67k. That's with barely any negotiating. The RCFs aren't moving that great and the 16's are on their way soon.
Old 10-27-15, 05:41 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

I'd like to see the equipment list as well. It's also a matter of supply and demand. In my region, suburbs of Philly, they are not giving anything away.
Old 10-27-15, 05:54 PM
ghoffner
Driver

Originally Posted by ISF001
I'd like to see the equipment list as well. It's also a matter of supply and demand. In my region, suburbs of Philly, they are not giving anything away.
I had one dealer agree on 65,500 today and another on 66,000. Both down from 73,xxx
Old 10-27-15, 06:41 PM
Db750
Driver

I checked out two RCF's over the weekend at Lexus of Lousiville KY. One carbon model with MSRP around $80k, and one standard model with most other options MSRP around $75k. Each car had a large orange flyer hanging from the rear view mirror showing a $5k discount offered off the bat. The salesmen were not at all shy and made it perfectly clear that they were very flexible on the price and had plenty of room to negotiate. I get the feeling that $8k discount would be very easy to achieve, and if I can get rid of my M235i (or they offer decent trade when I return with the car in a few days) I will shoot for no less than $10k off.

These were both 2015 models. I'm sure for the 2016's that are coming in discounts will not be as good, but will still be offered. I have to say this is one car that they hype has died down very, very quickly on. A mere 8 months ago dealers were treating them like limited production exotics. Now they are very upfront with the fact that they simply can not move the inventory they have. Glad I waited, but I am sure there are others who have been happily driving their cars for close to a year and don't mind the massive discounts that can now be had very easily.
Old 10-28-15, 07:21 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Buy one from an overstocked dealer in SoCal or Florida..!!!

$10k off MSRP is dooable.. I'm not exaggerating either..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...port-mode.html

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-28-15 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-28-15, 07:33 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Trek
Just test drove a 2015. It had 100 miles on it. Sticker was 73.6K. He offered it to me for 68.5K. When I didn't bite, he said he could probably be a bit more flexible. The car is beautiful. A deep black. The darkest black. It seemed to be loaded. Sun roof, Mark Levinson, heated and cooled leather, carbon fiber interior accents. I don't know what it was missing. Should I go for it? If so, at what price?

About the test drive... the car is very fast, and quicker than my 2013 GS 350 which is at the end of its 27 month lease. I'm not sure what to do. I love my GS, but I'm at an advanced age and would like to try something different, perhaps. Maybe. I don't know what to pick. I'm open to buying or leasing. I test drove a 2015 Corvette Stingray a few months ago and loved it. It seemed more fun than the RC F. And the sound when you throw it into sport mode is second only to the Jaguar F-Type R coupe. A beastly sound, which I find very appealing. The Lexus RC F sounds smooth not beastly, even in Sport+. Too sedate and refined. Not a lot of "character." Top notch Lexus quality, but sometimes too much perfection is boring.

My lease is up and I don't know what to do. Any advice or opinions are welcome.
It's kinda hard for US to tell you what YOU want. But, by what you've said so far it seems like you'd be a lot Happier in the Vette even if you got a 10k discount in SoCal for the RCF like JoeZ suggested. Sounds like you want a lil' more Thrill Ride, but i'd be willing to Bet that after a lil' while you'd start missing the More Refined Luxury Feeling of the RCF GL & let us know what YOU Decide!
Old 10-28-15, 09:09 PM
LDEUX
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Believe it bro, I bought mine earlier this month for 71,400 out the door. Sticker was 74,565. I think Lexus is giving dealerships silent incentives on the 2015's. Wouldn't surprise me if they reduce their production by 30-50% for the 2016's.

Quick Reply: Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)