RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-14, 07:35 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

chief engineer of RCF said he didnt have benchmarks, he just wanted to make a fun to drive car. But its inevitable that it would be compared
Old 07-15-14, 08:35 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
chief engineer of RCF said he didnt have benchmarks, he just wanted to make a fun to drive car. But its inevitable that it would be compared
They are not fooling anybody if they say otherwise. Time to grow some ***** and call a spade a spade. Audi never disavowed that the RS5 is meant to compete against the M3 and I respect them for that.
Old 07-15-14, 08:51 PM
RSWill
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I for one certainly wished the RS5 came with more power, especially on the torque side of things
Old 07-15-14, 09:04 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RSWill
I for one certainly wished the RS5 came with more power, especially on the torque side of things
Too funny, torque is also one of the reasons preventing me from getting an RS5. And also, I have an A5 convertible and I need to have at least one reliable vehicle in the stable..
Old 07-15-14, 09:11 PM
RSWill
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lexura1414
Too funny, torque is also one of the reasons preventing me from getting an RS5. And also, I have an A5 convertible and I need to have at least one reliable vehicle in the stable..
Fear not my friend, you can go ahead and pull the trigger on the RS now. I teamed up with a tuner that built the first supercharged RS5 by using the 2.3L Whipple and never looked back . I've got about 17,000 miles of trouble feel miles on mine since the install
Old 07-15-14, 09:20 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

I personally have no problem with Lexus pricing their cars close to the competition if they're delivering the product...and with the RC-F it seems to me that they have.
Old 07-15-14, 09:48 PM
LexFather

The RS5 never fared well in reviews, usually last place even behind the IS F. Steering is cold and even with all the adjustments experts could never find a suspension setting they liked.

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
To the public. The 911 was a benchmark for example out of a Handful of cars
Old 07-15-14, 10:04 PM
RSWill
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexFather
The RS5 never fared well in reviews, usually last place even behind the IS F. Steering is cold and even with all the adjustments experts could never find a suspension setting they liked.
Hey Mike, it's Willie up in Tampa with the Blue Audi RS5 on Vossen's. How's it going? In terms of the Audi performance, thank God for the aftermarket Once I went with the air suspension set-up, we never looked back. I think in dynamic mode the steering is pretty sweet as well.
Old 07-15-14, 10:11 PM
LexFather

Hey Mike, it's Willie up in Tampa with the Blue Audi RS5 on Vossen's. How's it going? In terms of the Audi performance, thank God for the aftermarket Once I went with the air suspension set-up, we never looked back. I think in dynamic mode the steering is pretty sweet as well.
Hahahha awesome. I hear it won't be blue for long

It's an odd thing the car arguably looks the best the engine is amazing but reviews had me like Maybe TopGear/EVO etc got a ringer...

You really like the air suspension over stock?
Old 07-15-14, 10:16 PM
RSWill
Rookie

Hahahha awesome. I hear it won't be blue for long

It's an odd thing the car arguably looks the best the engine is amazing but reviews had me like Maybe TopGear/EVO etc got a ringer...

You really like the air suspension over stock?
lol, thanks bro. You know we have put a ton of work into the car. They had the car for 9 months doing the R&D for that Whipple Supercharger. It's insanely quick now.. Almost scary

The car is flat silver for the time being ( Dip House in Tampa hooked it up ) Looks pretty good we thought.

As far as the air suspension, with the 36 way damper and being able to adjust the height on the fly is a win-win for me. You know, I've been bagged for about 10 years on all my stuff bro
Old 07-15-14, 10:19 PM
LexFather

lol, thanks bro. You know we have put a ton of work into the car. They had the car for 9 months doing the R&D for that Whipple Supercharger. It's insanely quick now.. Almost scary

The car is flat silver for the time being ( Dip House in Tampa hooked it up ) Looks pretty good we thought.

As far as the air suspension, with the 36 way damper and being able to adjust the height on the fly is a win-win for me. You know, I've been bagged for about 10 years on all my stuff bro
Sounds like a road trip to Tamps is coming
Old 07-15-14, 10:20 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=LexFather;8627166]The RS5 never fared well in reviews, usually last place even behind the IS F. Steering is cold and even with all the adjustments experts could never find a suspension setting they liked.

But Audi never said that the RS5 does not compete with the M3. Win or lose this gets my respect and my dollars with the two Audis I have owned. But I prefer Lexus overall as a brand.
Old 07-15-14, 10:24 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Fear not my friend, you can go ahead and pull the trigger on the RS now. I teamed up with a tuner that built the first supercharged RS5 by using the 2.3L Whipple and never looked back . I've got about 17,000 miles of trouble feel miles on mine since the install
Thanks for the info, bud. For sure I will keep this in mind. :-)
Old 07-15-14, 10:26 PM
RSWill
Rookie

Sounds like a road trip to Tamps is coming
I should be back in the country in about 8 days bro. As long as they lift the no-fly zone out here where I am. You know how we do.

[QUOTE=Lexura1414;8627217]

But Audi never said that the RS5 does not compete with the M3. Win or lose this gets my respect and my dollars with the two Audis I have owned. But I prefer Lexus overall as a brand.
True, I still think Audi should have came hard with the engine they put in that RS5 though… I speak from just about 2 years of ownership myself on that one.

But I'm really feeling the way the Lexus is looking right now. Keeping me up at night lol
Old 07-15-14, 10:30 PM
LexFather

[QUOTE=RSWill;8627227]I should be back in the country in about 8 days bro. As long as they lift the no-fly zone out here where I am. You know how we do.

Originally Posted by Lexura1414

True, I still think Audi should have came hard with the engine they put in that RS5 though… I speak from just about 2 years of ownership myself on that one.

But I'm really feeling the way the Lexus is looking right now. Keeping me up at night lol
I'm slowly convincing the wife of the need for it ... Thinking red/red... But that hellcat is just bugging me

Quick Reply: Official RC-F Price Thread (Merged Threads)