2015 Lexus RC F "Revealed" on Live Stream @ 2014 NAIAS

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-14, 05:54 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
We seen and found out everything already, we have to start arguing
I just got home from work, haven't found out anything yet, feel free to fill me in.
Old 01-14-14, 06:07 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

man this thing looks sick!
Old 01-14-14, 06:14 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

I'm a little disappointed to hear that they're not even trying to go toe to toe with the M4. The ISF is a direct competitor to the M3, but has the reliability and refinement of a Lexus. If the new RCF isn't competing with the M4 in performance, but it is as expensive or more, then what segment will this fill?

I personally think it looks great. But I do want to see the final performance numbers and MSRP.
Old 01-14-14, 06:26 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
I'm a little disappointed to hear that they're not even trying to go toe to toe with the M4. The ISF is a direct competitor to the M3, but has the reliability and refinement of a Lexus. If the new RCF isn't competing with the M4 in performance, but it is as expensive or more, then what segment will this fill?
Don't believe it, this is typical.

This is from the same Company and their training events that say the ES competes with the C-Class and CTS, never mind the S80, TL, Lacrosse and MKZ...

Serious btw
Old 01-14-14, 06:52 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Most long time IS-F owner had high hopes for this car. Because of what we read online and saw on teaser pics and videos, we all assumed that this will be the real M3/4 fighter or beater we have been dreaming Lexus would build. Our hopes were further fueled by rumors of 480ps with a relatively acceptable weight ( equal to IS-F would be fine). But these were dashed when the actual weight specs were provided. And then Lexus kept us hanging with a 450 plus hp figure. If they are not targeting the M4, is Lexus just targeting being second fiddle? I hope not..
Old 01-14-14, 06:53 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Ofcourse, it is.

Lexus is not admitting because they are trying not to flatter the M3/M4 by dignifying it as a competitor. The numbers will speak for themselves. It is simple sandbagging.

Lexus claims RC-F will "far outperform the IS-F in every measurable way" rather than mentioning competitors in order to brand Lexus as a leader and not a follower. This time Lexus is going for the juggular with the RC-F.

People are speculating M4 is going to be a lot lighter without even looking at the official curb weights. Lately, the 1M coupe was claimed by BMW to have a dry weight of 3200 lbs while the rear life curb weight with all fluids turned out to be 3450 lbs.

Originally Posted by vbb

I personally think it looks great. But I do want to see the final performance numbers and MSRP.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-14-14 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-14-14, 07:05 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Lexus really did a GREAT job with the RC-F.
Looks 100x better than M4.

The proportions are perfect, looks aggressive/sporty.
It has many cool details - Rear wing, CF roof, stacked exhaust, LED lights, etc.

I'm shocked some ppl here dont like it.

Look at those REAR FENDERS

Old 01-14-14, 07:09 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
I love Lexus taking such a bold approach these last few years, I really do.

But I still can't get over that hump in the hood. It just hurts my eyes, when seen from the profile. IS-Fs have had the same hump, and the new M4 has a similar hump. I guess when you're stuffing so much hardware underneath the hood, you have to make space.

But sheesh! is it an eye sore for me. For this reason, I need a color that hides this hump the best. I guess I could only get one of these in black.
Old 01-14-14, 08:15 PM
ISF350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Add the car to another over weight luxury boat coupe if the number is at ~3,900 lbs ; Big hp won't do any good as a "driver car" to cruise around the town. I'm now interested to aim for the next 4 door family sedan IS-F which will have similar line & curve based on this RC-F body style. It's just more practical than this 2 door RC-F.
Old 01-14-14, 09:15 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

If RC-F is a "overweight luxury boat" to you then IS-F will also be an overweight boat for you since they seem to be well within 100 lbs of each other.

Originally Posted by ISF350
Add the car to another over weight luxury boat coupe if the number is at ~3,900 lbs ; Big hp won't do any good as a "driver car" to cruise around the town. I'm now interested to aim for the next 4 door family sedan IS-F which will have similar line & curve based on this RC-F body style. It's just more practical than this 2 door RC-F.
Old 01-14-14, 09:22 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today's reveal has brought me back to ClubLexus!

My friend works for Toyota and was at the show, live streaming his cell phone pix to me lol. He says it looks amazing in person. Speculation is always fun, but you guys are making a ton of assumptions without official specs. How about a little trust that Toyota will learn from the current F and ensure that the RCF will be competitive or surpassing the m4 and other competitors? Did they not already improve upon the current F and it outshines the m3 in almost all aspects?

BTW - Did anyone mention that the quad exhaust outlets now look to be connected to the muffler? Or am I seeing things? That will open up more flexible aftermarket opportunities. I'm actually interested in the offsets to see what type of wheels we'd be able to fit under those fenders.
Old 01-14-14, 09:40 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly.

Some of you guys are insane if you think this is ugly and or the M4 looks better the M4 looks like a typical BMW coupe where this looks like something different and unique . This car looks insane. I love EVERYTHING about it !!

What i noticed is that better pictures make the car look better. Just look at this thing !!

INSANE
Old 01-15-14, 12:22 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Ofcourse, it is.

Lexus is not admitting because they are trying not to flatter the M3/M4 by dignifying it as a competitor. The numbers will speak for themselves. It is simple sandbagging.

Lexus claims RC-F will "far outperform the IS-F in every measurable way" rather than mentioning competitors in order to brand Lexus as a leader and not a follower. This time Lexus is going for the juggular with the RC-F.

People are speculating M4 is going to be a lot lighter without even looking at the official curb weights. Lately, the 1M coupe was claimed by BMW to have a dry weight of 3200 lbs while the rear life curb weight with all fluids turned out to be 3450 lbs.
My thoughts exactly.

Honestly, the RC-F will probably crush the M4 on the track and be far more reliable and less a PITA to maintain.

It's just the Japanese way of not trying to humiliate the opposition too openly. Besides, it won't do to openly embarrass your new partner ( BMW-Toyota partnership).
Old 01-15-14, 12:29 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by BNR34
I take it back, you were right. The M3 is never a benchmark for the RCF, it just happened by pure coincident that a M3 was following a RCF during prototype testing in the middle of nowhere with the same antenna on the roof
It wasn't. I just met with them. Of course they will test various cars but the benchmark was the IS F CCS-R as they stated and as I was told.

So if you want to believe your picture with an M3 be our guest.
Old 01-15-14, 12:30 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Full gallery!

Quick Reply: 2015 Lexus RC F "Revealed" on Live Stream @ 2014 NAIAS