RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Welcome to Club Lexus! RC-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-18, 10:18 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

You should become an author on the side..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-23-18, 12:38 PM
sheyme
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks

-Josh
Yes it is truly amazing. Finding Gunny that is. He seems super cool on both forums. I too was looking at a GT 350 and an Alfa Romeo. Obviously you guys know what I ended up with. LOL and I couldn’t be happier. Gunny had an amazing Ducati that now resides in Southern California. Gunny trust me I will visit her and make sure she is treated right. I love Ducati’s and have one myself. I was in awe when I saw his build of the Tricolore. Carbon Fiber wheels? Seriously! That is sooo rad.
Anyway I feel like I have made a friend for live in the short 2 weeks I am part of Clublexus. This Forum has a ton of good people and I am glad to be part of it. Gunny we will talk soon.
Old 04-23-18, 12:46 PM
sheyme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Greetings Fellow Members!

By now, some of you have seen the many Threads & Posts I've made within this particular Forum. I suppose I always considered myself a "Participating Member" here because I joined this site back in 2007 when we got my wife her first GS350, which graduated to the 2017 RX350 Luxury Edition.
However, after obtaining my very own 2017 RCF on April 2nd, Since then, Ive been posting within every Thread here in my quest to soak up all the RCF knowledge possible. and to share my personal stories about everything RCF as well.

I am definitely not new to the "Forum Scene" as I use this very same "Screen Name" on several other sites as well. Noted mostly on a cuuple highly rated "Ducati Forums" where I may have had a large following. Actually, one Member "Sheyme" here was blown away to find me here in Club Lexus-and reached out to me in amazement. Though I am somewhat humble in nature about such things, and also being a 100% Service Connected (Disabled) Marine Corps Vet, I must admit it truly made my day hearing such great things from Sheyme and our mutual passion for the "Ferrari of Motorcyles" which is actually what prompted me into getting the RCF in the first place - Being "Bikeless' for the very first time in my life, feels extremely awkward and out of place. Which is the reason why I am here giving my Intro Speech within this specific Forum!

After searching far and wide for something to fill this massive Gap in my life, I test drove every high end Sports Car imaginable (Corvette Z-Oh Series, BMW M's, Mustang Shelby GT350 -which I came seconds away from getting, etc, etc. Until........I came to meet a fellow Member here Code Named NJSteve!!Folks, it was due to the sheer kidness and helpful education that I truly ended up buying this mutual joy we all enjoy! Ironically, I even had my Local Lexus Dealership here in the Fairfax, VA area reach out for a Silver/Red RCF at "Prestige Lexus" in NJ-which they came back to tell me had already been Sold -- Yep, to NJSteve himself!
(We stumbled upon this ironic knowledge within my first RCF Thread here back when I was still trying to decide:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...s-choices.html

Again, thanks to NJSteve, I was able to Calculate all sorts of Lease vs Purchase options on this Car, which finally resulted in my decision to reach well outside the confines of my Local Dealer- and to the source of the very last 2017 Ultrasonic Blue/Circuit Red RCF in the US (Being sold as New) which was located back in my Old Neck of The Woods: Brooklyn Lexus--I ended up contacting the Sales Manager directly, who within just one 20 minute phone call offered me this ridiculously expensive Vehicle for WELL BELOW what its MSRP Sticker stated = 76+k (That there was absolutely No Way I was about to purchase this car for, despite its awesome qualities! ..(Sorry folks: I will not be posting this info within the "What Did You Pay" for your RCF Thread) = However, I literally obtained it for $58,495.00 plus Virginia Tax, Tags, Title. thanks to NJSteve!

Therefore, on April 2nd we (Myself & MY PTSD Service Dog "Russell" took an Amtrak Train from DC to Penn Station NYC, where Brooklyn Lexus sent a Driver to pick me up and take me to their Lavish Dealership, where I Signed Ze Papers within 30 mins, ate a nice Turkey Sangwiche they got me, and hit the NJ Turnpike for my 5 Hour Trip home in this awesome ride! Obviously, I literally broke this car in the "Right Way" on my long A** drive home! And since then have been digging into every thread of this great Forum to do what I did best on both my Ducati Forum & Dodge Ram Cummins Forums = Started Modifications to this awesome car! Matter of fact, my 20" Ace Alloy "Black Chrome" Wheels & Pilot Tires arrive tomorrow from PK Design here on this Forum. (Which I will of course post photos of) An absolutely unbelievable offer from on an Armitryx Valvetronic Exhaust (I cannot discuss in the open yet) Hmm, lets see what else - A Local PPF Suntek Dealer wants to unveil my USB RCF at their Grand Opening on Memorial Day (PPF with Ceramic Coating) And.......some other odds & ends within the car too!

So therefore......I personally wish to thank NJSteve, Sheyme, Josh From Meraki, Paul & Sean from PK Design and the many, many other Forum Members here within this phenomenal Site for EVERYTHING they've done to assist me along the way! This car is ALL I wished & hoped for, and I am so extremely grateful to ALL of you for making that happen! I just as well could've been driving that Shelby GT350 right now (Yes, a nice car with its own special Club & Following / Forum) BUT.....Here I am writing this long A** Novel of a Thread to you guys on Club Lexus!!

*Sincere apologies for the length of this Post**

Semper Fidelis !!

Gunny

PS. Pics of my Brooklyn Lexus Experience, and some others that NJSteve has been on me for posting since bringing this car home! Some of my Ducati Racing Days, Some in Iraq & With "Russell" too. Also, for some who don't know me (NO, I am NOT a conceited Hot Mess seeking attention either. LOL These articles somewhat compose who I WAS within the Ducati Community & The Life I used to live. Now part of the memory I still am able to recollect! (Which isn't much these days)

Pics of my very last Build (With Carbon Fiber Wheels!)

http://blog.brocksperformance.com/re...olls-with-bst/

This one requires you to Scroll the "Virtual Magazine" to Pages 42-44 to read My Article (If interested by now)

[URL="http://digitaleditions.walsworthprintgroup.com/publication/?i=196078"]http://digitaleditions.walsworthprintgroup.com/publication/?i=196078[/URL
Totally different topic but RCF related, how on earth did you get “Russell” back there? I am going to have to figure that out myself as well with my Shepherd?

Old 04-24-18, 07:00 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Talking Sincere Thanks!

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks

-Josh
I assume this was a compliment buddy?

BTW- I replied to your email about the Armitryx. Its not in the works right now, but as I said in my Novel - if things do not transpire, I'll be in your back pocket!

Originally Posted by sheyme

Yes it is truly amazing. Finding Gunny that is. He seems super cool on both forums. I too was looking at a GT 350 and an Alfa Romeo. Obviously you guys know what I ended up with. LOL and I couldn’t be happier. Gunny had an amazing Ducati that now resides in Southern California. Gunny trust me I will visit her and make sure she is treated right. I love Ducati’s and have one myself. I was in awe when I saw his build of the Tricolore. Carbon Fiber wheels? Seriously! That is sooo rad.
Anyway I feel like I have made a friend for live in the short 2 weeks I am part of Clublexus. This Forum has a ton of good people and I am glad to be part of it. Gunny we will talk soon.
I TRULY appreciate the kind words my friend!!!
Old 04-24-18, 03:22 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Ruffwear!

Totally different topic but RCF related, how on earth did you get “Russell” back there? I am going to have to figure that out myself as well with my Shepherd?

For you Sheyme, and any loving Dog Owners - with or without a RCF. Protect you dogs, and yourself from a missile in the event of a crash!!
Watch the test videos of this thing using the harness. The ONLY issue was getting my SD to sit still while properly fitting it to him. Other than that, it's awesome and still gives him room to change positions and even sit up!

Check it out:

https://ruffwear.com/products/load-up-harness
Old 04-24-18, 04:24 PM
Ratedg
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Whats going on everyone! I just came from a g37s 6mt heavily modded. Picked up a 2015 ultra white RCF on black. Perfomance package, ML, TVD, 12.6k miles for 46k

Last edited by Ratedg; 04-24-18 at 04:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
sheyme (04-24-18)
Old 04-24-18, 05:33 PM
sheyme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
For you Sheyme, and any loving Dog Owners - with or without a RCF. Protect you dogs, and yourself from a missile in the event of a crash!!
Watch the test videos of this thing using the harness. The ONLY issue was getting my SD to sit still while properly fitting it to him. Other than that, it's awesome and still gives him room to change positions and even sit up!

Check it out:

https://ruffwear.com/products/load-up-harness
Yeah we have that, not exactly the same but I am looking at the rear of the FC and am wondering how you did that? Lol. It doesn’t look super comfortable with the center cup holder so high.

Last edited by sheyme; 04-24-18 at 05:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (04-25-18)
Old 04-24-18, 05:41 PM
sheyme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ratedg

Whats going on everyone! I just came from a g37s 6mt heavily modded. Picked up a 2015 ultra white RCF on black. Perfomance package, ML, TVD, 12.6k miles for 46k

I just got mine 2 weeks ago white as well. I love the white. So easy to to keep clean. Especially in my dusty Southern California
climate. Enjoy!
Old 04-30-18, 08:29 AM
Disneydave
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Almost new 2015

Picked up this past weekend a 2015 RC F
Ultra White with the Red interior
premium package
winter package
torque vectoring
the dark charcoal 19" wheels
and the Mark L audio.

It it was a lease return with 3978 miles. Yes that's less than 4K miles. Needless to say she will get more than that with me over the next 3 years.
Soon to happen upgrades to the exhaust and some paint protection film.

So so far love the car previously had a RC 350 F that my x wife took with her; liked that car but so far loving this one. She just needs a few upgrades to really make her mine.
Old 05-08-18, 06:14 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Question Wife's Account!

Originally Posted by damen
Wife's car (I've got an R8, myself)
2015 Lexus RCF
White Interior
Red Interior
All the options

Mods:
Wrap

This just caught my eye browsing thru New Intro Posts.
Though you have an account here (Obviously) does your Wife have one too? How would she fell about creating her own CL Account and participating in all this fun we Members have here? Awhile back I put out a Post seeking Female RCF Owners and was hoping they'd get involved in all these discussions too!
Old 05-20-18, 09:51 PM
Rahim523
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up I love V8s!

Certified 2015 Lexus RC F
Exterior - Ultra White
Interior - Red Leather
Packages:
Premium
Mark Levinson w/Navigation
Moonroof
19" Split 10 spoke forged alloy wheels
Old 05-21-18, 09:31 AM
sheyme
Driver School Candidate

Very nice.. The question now is which car gets the garage?
lol!
Old 05-21-18, 11:27 AM
Rahim523
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Very nice.. The question now is which car gets the garage?
lol!
If that was for me, then the answer is none of them! Lol 4 car garage and its filled by, Maserati Ghibli, BMW i8, Benz S550, and Tesla Model X. So sadly the RC F, Alpina, and charger sit outside
Old 05-21-18, 04:04 PM
sheyme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rahim523
If that was for me, then the answer is none of them! Lol 4 car garage and its filled by, Maserati Ghibli, BMW i8, Benz S550, and Tesla Model X. So sadly the RC F, Alpina, and charger sit outside
Yes it was and that makes total sense. That is a huge selection of cars.
Old 05-28-18, 07:26 AM
bogramer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Liquid Platinum with Circuit Red Interior

Finally, the month is the end all the day care cost for my kids. It is the time to put something nice in the garage.
I want a fast GT car that is reliable and comfortable. Plus, I am huge fan of JDM, and Supra was my dream car in the 90s.

Package: Nav/MK, Performance Pkg, Premium Pkg, 19" Hand Polished Wheels, and etc... Org MSRP was $79k
This is a CPO with 24k and I paid $48.5k for it.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RC-F owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE!